Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Will Covid be the end…. (Read 378 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Will Covid be the end….
Reply #60 - 07/23/24 at 20:31:55

You sure Did watch the arguments here as we,the reasoning, argued against the signs.
They were defended. That was EXACTLY why the laws against weapons near schools
were passed. Feel Good measures. The signs were erected in honor of those laws passed By idiots, to appease idiots,and defended By idiots. The same who argued against allowing teachers to maintain their rights to self defense on school grounds.
I all for magazines. Big ones, if you want. I didn't argue. Rare choosing to pretend I did. So,, piss off. Don't you do that crap with me. The 2A is all about killing people. Defending yourself is not wrong. And a buncha bullets can be the difference between survival and death. It's just the same argument as having a gun.
You are aware that The Government has declared that illegal aliens have a right to be armed? And trying to make it easy for them to vote, too.. You can stop trying your crap with me.

This further supports my assessment that some 2A supporters will not admit that higher capacity magazines allow criminals to have a higher murder-rate-per-minute.  What's so bad about admitting that?

You want discussion, compromise.  If you want unreasonable gun control measures to stop, you have to admit to facts and stop using the same ignore and deflect strategies that allow them to continue getting the upper hand.  How many failures do people need to see before they realize their "signs don't work" argument falls on deaf ears because nobody ever said they did.

I know this because we recalled multiple politicians based exclusively on high-capacity magazine bans.  The first steps to success were to have people stop ignoring math and deflecting to nonsense like claiming people said signs stop crime.  But why should people argue with success when they can keep complaining?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Will Covid be the end…
Reply #61 - 07/24/24 at 04:29:28

Of course higher capacity magazines carry a higher risk of misuse. That can’t be logically argued against. What can be argued does a law against high capacity magazines violate our individual freedoms to live our lives as we deem necessary to pursue life, liberty and happiness?

On one hand, I think we all agree speed limits on highways are necessary to protect us collectively from unnecessary accidents. We’ve established certain speed limits, for example 70 mph, knowing that if the speed limit was 30 miles an hour we would reduce fatalities and injuries even further, but we leave the speed limit at 70 because, whether we understand this or not, we agreed the loss of life at 70 miles an hour is acceptable compared to the inconvenience of driving 30 miles an hour on the freeway. That’s the truth.

Is a 30 round clip acceptable? In my mind yes. There’s absolutely zero risk to the public from me having a 30 round clip. Zero. Living in a free republic carries certain risk, and that’s a risk I’m willing to take. I am not, however willing to accept a law for example that says someone convicted of using a gun in a crime is allowed to own another gun. I would be against that as it seems an unacceptable risk to me.

Others disagree and don’t believe I should have the right to own a 30 round clip. I respect their opinion but I disagree with it and I support politicians running for office who agree with my opinion.

IP Logged
JOG

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #62 - 07/24/24 at 06:33:22

Eegore wrote on 07/23/24 at 20:31:55:
You sure Did watch the arguments here as we,the reasoning, argued against the signs.
They were defended. That was EXACTLY why the laws against weapons near schools
were passed. Feel Good measures. The signs were erected in honor of those laws passed By idiots, to appease idiots,and defended By idiots. The same who argued against allowing teachers to maintain their rights to self defense on school grounds.
I all for magazines. Big ones, if you want. I didn't argue. Rare choosing to pretend I did. So,, piss off. Don't you do that crap with me. The 2A is all about killing people. Defending yourself is not wrong. And a buncha bullets can be the difference between survival and death. It's just the same argument as having a gun.
You are aware that The Government has declared that illegal aliens have a right to be armed? And trying to make it easy for them to vote, too.. You can stop trying your crap with me.

This further supports my assessment that some 2A supporters will not admit that higher capacity magazines allow criminals to have a higher murder-rate-per-minute.  What's so bad about admitting that?

You want discussion, compromise.  If you want unreasonable gun control measures to stop, you have to admit to facts and stop using the same ignore and deflect strategies that allow them to continue getting the upper hand.  How many failures do people need to see before they realize their "signs don't work" argument falls on deaf ears because nobody ever said they did.

I know this because we recalled multiple politicians based exclusively on high-capacity magazine bans.  The first steps to success were to have people stop ignoring math and deflecting to nonsense like claiming people said signs stop crime.  But why should people argue with success when they can keep complaining?

One MORE TIME
I NEVER DENIED THAT. IT'S FINE WITH ME.
I CAN BE AS ARMED AS THEY ARE.

IP Logged
JOG

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #63 - 07/24/24 at 06:34:15

Compromise? No.
Compromises on Principle are what got us here.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #64 - 07/24/24 at 07:56:03

Of course higher capacity magazines carry a higher risk of misuse. That can’t be logically argued against. What can be argued does a law against high capacity magazines violate our individual freedoms to live our lives as we deem necessary to pursue life, liberty and happiness?

This is pretty much what I've been saying.  Arguing that our Freedoms that we have right to are being obstructed gets us so much further than arguing that signs don't stop crime.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #65 - 07/24/24 at 08:03:05

One MORE TIME
I NEVER DENIED THAT. IT'S FINE WITH ME.
I CAN BE AS ARMED AS THEY ARE.

Ok I get what you are saying.  Also however when someone asks "Do higher capacity mags mean a higher murder rate per minute?" and the response is "I get as many bullets as they do." I have experienced, in court, two reasonings:

1: This guy is deflecting, and they ask them to answer the question.
2: If he gets as many bullets as they do, lets limit bullets for both.

Reasoning 2 is flawed, but unfortunately it works in court.  Especially if the argument is perceived as deflection.  Signs add to that because nobody said signs stop gun crime.

Compromise? No.
Compromises on Principle are what got us here.

Compromise in discussion.  Like answering the question asked instead of yelling about how stupid you think the question is.

IP Logged
JOG

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #66 - 07/24/24 at 08:37:09

I Agreed that more bullets in the gun equals more dead faster.
Now stop saying I didn't.
I don't even have time to dig up the unanswered IMPORTANT questions you and the lefties choose to ignore.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #67 - 07/24/24 at 09:23:34

Maybe you mean this where I already agreed with you previously:

Graybeard is correct that general petty/violent crime is lower in areas where the populace is allowed to carry their own firearms.  

It should be pretty simple to understand that if a criminal has a choice of shooting humans that are unarmed, or humans who may be armed, the criminal will almost always choose the unarmed humans.

IP Logged
JOG

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #68 - 07/25/24 at 16:44:38

And where gun control laws make it hard to be legally armed, the law abiding go unarmed. The more the law is against being armed, the more people are vulnerable. The criminals don't care about the law.
The experiment has been run. The results of the lab are in.
The science is clear.
Gun control is a failure.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #69 - 07/25/24 at 18:20:50

JOG wrote on 07/25/24 at 16:44:38:
"...gun control laws
make it hard to be legally armed,
the law abiding go unarmed. ...
...more people are vulnerable. ...
... Gun control is a failure.

A- YEP !!!

And more 'gun control',
results in less people owning/using guns.
And MORE CRIMINALS WITH GUNS,
And MORE gun crime...

Well, just have to have,
 MORE GUN CONTROL,
(according to cameltoe)

Vote Cameltoe,
she will make you 'safe' !!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
JOG

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #70 - 07/25/24 at 19:03:18

And idiots,impervious to the obvious, nationwide, agree..

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/07/24 at 19:42:45

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Will Covid be the end….

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.