Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rear fender bolt dimensions? (Read 48 times)
Peng
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rear fender bolt dimensions?
07/08/24 at 09:40:49

Hey yall so I was planning on getting a sissy bar fabricated from a friend and they needed the dimensions for the mounts. I tried measuring myself and I personally dont trust my own measurements lol

I was wondering if anyone on the forum happened to measure the side rear fenders or have a dimensions chart I could take a look at?

Thanks yall

I have a 2017 savage just got it a few months ago. Loving it so far

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: Rear fender bolt dimensions?
Reply #1 - 07/15/24 at 15:32:50

Don't know the measurements, but I can sell you a sissy bar for $20 plus shipping.  Might be cheaper and easier and work better than trying to fabricate one from scratch.

The brown pillion back is old and showing wear, but the backing structure and cushion are good and would make a good template to wrap on new material (leather or whatever you like).  One of the screws on the back of the pillion cushior is stripped out.  I'm done fussing with it and haven't tried to tap it out (should be easy enough).  It has the 4 screws/bolts to attach to the chrome passenger pillion handles.

IMG_4901.JPEG
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #2 - 07/15/24 at 15:33:23

Back side with stripped screw.

IMG_4902.JPEG
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #3 - 07/15/24 at 15:33:54

Side

IMG_4903.JPEG
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #4 - 07/15/24 at 15:34:25

Other side.

IMG_4904.JPEG
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #5 - 07/15/24 at 15:35:01

Top view

IMG_4905.JPEG
  IP Logged
Peng
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/15/24 at 22:30:39

ThumperPaul wrote on 07/15/24 at 15:32:50:
Don't know the measurements, but I can sell you a sissy bar for $20 plus shipping.  Might be cheaper and easier and work better than trying to fabricate one from scratch.

The brown pillion back is old and showing wear, but the backing structure and cushion are good and would make a good template to wrap on new material (leather or whatever you like).  One of the screws on the back of the pillion cushior is stripped out.  I'm done fussing with it and haven't tried to tap it out (should be easy enough).  It has the 4 screws/bolts to attach to the chrome passenger pillion handles.

Oh man that thing looks nice haha. Unfortunately I think Id probably have to go through buying new fenders for that too since mine are the ones without the pillion. Thank you though!

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #7 - 07/16/24 at 04:57:27

Well…. I have the fenders too!  Lol.  And the chrome pillion “handles” that the sissy bar attaches to!  And the pillion seat!  Lol.

Can you clarify your question or did you figure it out?  Where are you trying to attach/mount the sissy bar?  Does your fender not have the chrome pillion handles?  Does it just have some “do nothing” cap nuts and bolts where the chrome handles would mount?  Or do you just have empty holes in the fender?  I’m trying to understand what measurements you want to comfirm?

I’m parting out a bike I got cheap (non-running, no title).  I wanted the motor to play with.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #8 - 07/16/24 at 05:58:54

I’ve loosely fit this back together for a pic.  Can you mark-up/edit the photo and/or describe what you have and what you are trying to measure?

Hey, the yellow and brown was cool in 2000 (probably before you were born, lol)!  Cutting edge marketing before Transformers and Bumblebee came out in 2007!

IMG_4932-compressed.jpeg
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #9 - 07/16/24 at 06:00:04

Side view if easier…

IMG_4931-compressed.jpeg
  IP Logged
Peng
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 07/16/24 at 15:45:46

ThumperPaul wrote on 07/16/24 at 05:58:54:
I’ve loosely fit this back together for a pic.  Can you mark-up/edit the photo and/or describe what you have and what you are trying to measure?

Hey, the yellow and brown was cool in 2000 (probably before you were born, lol)!  Cutting edge marketing before Transformers and Bumblebee came out in 2007!

Yellow is still cool! Haha my fenders are there but the newer models dont have a spot for the pillion to install its just a smooth finish. These 4 bolts are what Im looking at. The sissy bar would clamp in between the fender and the rear part (I cant think of the right words lol)

Im trying to get it fabricated from a guy that makes bars but he doesnt know my dimensions for the bolts (center to center) and the width of the holes.

I tried myself but I couldnt get the center bolt since its on the inside. I was hoping someone else had already done this  Tongue guess not

IMG_4931-compressed2.jpeg
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #11 - 07/16/24 at 16:02:43

I guess I'm still not following what/where you are going to attach the sissy bar to.

The rear holes you have marked are actually where the turn signals mount into the pillion handles.  The pillion handle doesn't attach to the frame at that spot.

Do you have some pillion handles that you are going to mount where the 3 holes are?

Sorry, I'm not following where you are wanting to attach the sissy bar and why you want to use the same hole locations as the pillion handles.  Did you buy some pillion handles?

If you're just adding a custom sissy bar, just figure out where you want it to go and drill 2 vertical holes in the fender on each side to secure it.

IP Logged
Peng
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 07/16/24 at 16:14:10

ThumperPaul wrote on 07/16/24 at 16:02:43:
I guess I'm still not following what/where you are going to attach the sissy bar to.

The rear holes you have marked are actually where the turn signals mount into the pillion handles.  The pillion handle doesn't attach to the frame at that spot.

Do you have some pillion handles that you are going to mount where the other 3 holes are?

Sorry, I'm not following where you are wanting to attach the sissy bar and why you want to use the same hole locations as the pillion handles.

So the two circles in front of the turn signal area are 3 bolts. Between the fender and pillion handle isj where the sissy bar would mount to. Using the same holes would just make it easier to install and remove if I ever had to

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #13 - 07/16/24 at 16:45:36

Sorry.  I still don't get what you're trying to do.  Why are you trying to match up hole positions for pillion handles you don't even have?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 07:23:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rear fender bolt dimensions?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.