Tip. (heat) (Read 140 times)
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Tip. (heat)
07/04/24 at 14:29:22

Now that it is getting hot in the south, I would like to give an unsolicited tip:

It is good to take vitamin C.

Vitamin C has a cooling effect according to the same principle as the way in which they eat super hot spicy food in India.
In tropical countries people eat fruits with vitamin C.

It opens up the structure of your body, which allows the body that also develops heat to get rid of its heat better.

We cannot tolerate food as hot as they can and vitamin C  in pils works just as good as not better.

The maximum allowable intake has been set at 2000 milligrams per day. Be careful with taking doses of more than 1000 mg per day.

In the winter you should take vitamin B, which closes off the body and keeps you warm.

« Last Edit: 07/05/24 at 02:09:21 by zevenenergie »  

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Tip. (heat)
Reply #1 - 07/04/24 at 15:08:27

And when it gets really hot and sunny - you can cook Lasagna in your mailbox! Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 07/04/24 at 16:08:39

I'm gonna' have to start checking mailboxes  Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #3 - 07/04/24 at 20:53:05

Here it’s 100+ on a daily basis , maybe drop to 75-80 at night. I get up early get stuff done early before 10 am. It’s 90 by 9 am and 100 by 10 am after that just hot. Lots of water , juice & fresh fruit and my favorite popsicles. It’s killer heat , you have to know when to come in from the heat. Stay hydrated ! Ride from 7am to 9am cool with light traffic , coolest time of the day and the best time to bomb the farm country. Be safe stay cool !  Cool

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/09/24 at 07:16:20

2000mg of Vitamin C taken regularly could cause issues.  The standard intake is 90 milligrams for adult men and 75 milligrams for adult women.

Incidentally there's studies by the Orthomolecular Research Center, and plenty from the International Symposium on Circumpolar health in Novosibirsk Siberia, showing Vitamin C also helps maintain body surface heat in cold weather.  

C, B1 and Thiamine specifically.

IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #5 - 07/09/24 at 18:08:44

Recommended RDA for vitamins is not based in reality. You can train your body to not get the runs from taking C or Magnesium. Start with a low dose and slowly increase it. When you start see loose stools,back off for a few days, just step it back a little. Stay with that till you get back to properly formed stools. Slowly increase your intake.
I had to do that with magnesium. I was sore from the simplest little tasks. I don't mean a Little sore, either. Took me over six weeks to build gut tolerance to the point I built up a store of magnesium sufficient to knock out about 80% of the misery today because of what I did yesterday.
My Dr is who told me how to increase gut tolerance. She also told me those
Recommended Daily Allowances are rubbish.

IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #6 - 07/09/24 at 18:20:19

I ride in a welders shirt. Touch one. It's not Just denim. It's treated with something that makes it tough. I slid across an intersection in one and it didn't burn through anywhere. I still wear it. Not for riding. Once the Stiff washes out, it's time for a new one. I avoid running them in the wash. I do run a hose till the water is cool, load a bucket and shove it in, get soaked through, ride off. It dries out and I start sweating. It's a lot easier on me than riding away dry, not yet sweating.

Protective   long sleeves, pants, boots, gloves, I won't ride with less.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/12/24 at 06:06:42

Recommended RDA for vitamins is not based in reality. You can train your body to not get the runs from taking C or Magnesium.

I'd say this is true for almost anything.  The recommended intake for alcoholic beverages is considerably lower than most humans who drink regularly can intake without negative impact.  We can consume many poisons and step-dose to "lethal" levels and survive.

The question I would have is if I ride enough in the heat to justify taking 1900mg more Vitamin C than I need right now.  Realistically my body should respond positively from a much lower dosage.  If I am going out on a mid-day ride, I'd be willing to drop 1000mg since I typically only get 100-400mg a day now.

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #8 - 07/12/24 at 15:54:26

My tolerance for temps has changed as I've aged. I like to ride to work but will only do so if it's in the mid-30s or greater now during the cooler months. I don't winterize my bike cuz there are a lot of days in December and January I can ride.

Summer is tough. It's really hard sitting over an air-cooled motor, on a hot day, in traffic, wearing a FF helmet, jeans, boots, etc.
I don't feel well in those conditions. Moving, sure. That's fine, even with temps in the 90s.

The sun is just so much hotter here in Denver. We're missing about 1/4 of the troposphere b/c of our altitude, so the sun just feels significantly hotter than the shade.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #9 - 07/13/24 at 01:39:25

Eegore wrote on 07/12/24 at 06:06:42:
Recommended RDA for vitamins is not based in reality. You can train your body to not get the runs from taking C or Magnesium.

I'd say this is true for almost anything.  The recommended intake for alcoholic beverages is considerably lower than most humans who drink regularly can intake without negative impact.  We can consume many poisons and step-dose to "lethal" levels and survive.

The question I would have is if I ride enough in the heat to justify taking 1900mg more Vitamin C than I need right now.  Realistically my body should respond positively from a much lower dosage.  If I am going out on a mid-day ride, I'd be willing to drop 1000mg since I typically only get 100-400mg a day now.

Reaction

The maximum allowable intake has been set at 2000 milligrams per day. Be careful with taking doses of more than 1000 mg per day.

As an adult you need 110 mg of vitamin C per day. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, the recommendations are 120 mg and 150 mg of vitamin C per day, respectively.

On crazy hot days I use 500mg in the morning and at the end of the afternoon.

If it gets even hotter, I connect my blood circulation to a heat exchanger and a cooling unit and look at:
1.1Ice Age (2002)
1.2 Ice Age: The Meltdown (2006)
1.3 Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009)
1.4 Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012)
1.5 Ice Age: Collision Course (2016)
Cold Weather
The Day After Tomorrow
March Of The Penguins
Fargo
Into the Wild
The Snow Walker
Wind River

So don,t take 2000 or anyting near that...

More than 1500 mg per day may make you feel sick or have diarrhea. You also have a greater chance of developing a kidney stone.(s)

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #10 - 07/13/24 at 08:14:27

In 100 - 115 kinda the norm this year. Over 100 trains pass thru town everyday and getting stuck at a r/r crossing can overheat the bike and me. Sunday morning about 5:30 am I fire it off and head for any unknown destination I can find. Cool air in am and tomorrow remnants of a tropical storm will bring moisture. Cool damp air will deliver crisp throttle response. Road on other side of the river , long & straight for a bit is perfect for 0-60 & 1/4 mile runs and lil to no traffic. Gonna have to bring a rattle can to mark off a 1/4 mile. You want to know where the run ends to get the last shift perfect. WFO thru the gate gives me an ear to ear grin everytime. Stay Kool

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 07/16/24 at 07:53:33

I ride in a loose white shirt and white helmet
Carry a spray bottle and drench yer' shirt every so often
Also     hydrate

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #12 - 07/16/24 at 17:13:34

If you live in an area that is hot and.....dry, then these cooling vests are supposed to work really well.  They don't work so well in KY as the humidity is too high.....the vests just make you wet.  They likely would work great if you live in an area with low humidity.

https://www.amazon.com/Ergodyne-Embedded-Polymers-Closure-XX-Large/dp/B002BDU...

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sedici-cooling-wp-vest?utm_source=Google&...

https://www.amazon.com/Alphacool-Arctic-Ice-Vest-Women/dp/B08B7HFRFV/ref=asc_...

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #13 - 07/17/24 at 10:59:03

Last week I read that a motorcyclist died from heat exposure in Death Valley. Not sure of circumstances but it was mostly likely riding on the road cause  I’m pretty sure Death Valley  is closed to dirt/off road motorcycles. Temps may have exceeded 130. True death heat , every year someone doesn’t recognize the danger and pays with their life. You can’t carry enough water to transverse the valley in 130 heat hence the name Death Valley. I’m sure if 100 degrees can kill , if he had a heart condition that will do it. Punishing heat in the 130 range definitely kills anyone not recognizing the danger. Death  Valley is the lowest point of elevation in North America , below sea level.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #14 - 07/17/24 at 18:13:33

Ruttly wrote on 07/17/24 at 10:59:03:
Last week I read that a motorcyclist died from heat exposure in Death Valley.

https://www.nps.gov/deva/learn/news/motorcycle-fatality-july-2024.htm

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 00:23:33

General CategoryThe Cafe › Tip. (heat)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.