Send Topic Print
New Ride? (Read 33 times)
miatamarty
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Ride?
06/21/24 at 08:54:05

I'm looking at a 95 LS 650 that appears to have Ryca rear sets. How high are the pegs in relation to the seat which also appears to be a cafe racer seat. I have replaced both knees so my range of motion isn't what it used to be. I have a 2004 Savage with a Blue Collar Bobber kit that has a really nice spring loaded seat that is very comfortable but I'm still not used to feet forward ergonomics. All my previous bike had the pegs straight down from the seat.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: New Ride?
Reply #1 - 06/22/24 at 03:54:58

I have a RYCA seat and rear sets on my bike.  The pegs are high and also rearward.  I am in good shape for my age and I do not have any issues with the pegs - but they certainly were not built for comfort.  Getting your feet up on the pegs does require mobility and a bit of determination.  The low mounted clip on handlebars on my bike require you to lean forward which does help a bit with the seating position.....if you have a more standard height handlebar it likely would make the leg position more uncomfortable.

Also the RYCA seat padding is made from layers of thin foam that appears to have been some kind of repurposed game board.  The sharp edge is uncomfortable when you put your legs down when stopped - I took the seat apart and built one with a lot better padding so I could do 200-300 mile rides in a day.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 08:01:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Ride?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.