Send Topic Print
BSA (Read 67 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
BSA
06/19/24 at 11:01:50

I’m more than disappointed with BSA and their painfully slow distribution. But I guess getting dealer & parts distribution is a monumental task and essential to its success here. Covid didn’t help at all either. I did hear a peep that they are seeking dealers. Any truth to that , only hearsay so far. Still growing tired of waiting and not wanting a triumph. I am a singles guy and it would be a suitable replacement for the Sportster. Something for longer rides and a bit more comfy than the Tracker. 2 hours of seat time on the Tracker can be remembered for some time , bad hip. Still haven’t bought a new truck or bike since retiring. Just building the BSA 250 I rode back in 1979. No other choices but to wait or fly to UK and test ride one , kinda extreme. But that’s the only way to tell is with a road test. Maybe just have a new seat made special for the Tracker , way cheaper for sure !   Cool

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: BSA
Reply #1 - 06/20/24 at 04:45:45

Hey Ruttly.  Patience my friend!   Cool  All good things take time!

Would you mind sharing a pic of your Street Tracker?  I see that term thrown around occasionally, but the definition isn’t exactly clear to me.

Can you share a pic and describe what you consider a street tracker?

IP Logged
Michael Moore

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

In the fog of San Francisco
Reply #2 - 06/20/24 at 13:25:45

Paul, a ST is pretty much just what it says, a dirt tracker with minimal mods for the street.  So a Sportster set up like an XR750, an XS650 Yamaha in a Trackmaster/Champion frame, a TT500 (or LS) with 18 or 19" wheels front and back and minimalist tank/seat, etc.  

For example:
https://www.omarsfiberglass.com/street-tracker

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 06/20/24 at 19:42:48

No other choices but to wait or fly to UK and test ride one , kinda extreme.  

Hay Ruttly

Are you waiting on the New BSA 650

I waited on a Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 for two years , they were all over the rest of the World ... But ... Not here in the States !    Undecided Undecided
So
I bought the next best thing ... a 350 Meteor .   Now two years latter  I have both , I like the 350 Meteor better !    The RE 350-J Motor looks like a BSA clone   Check out their "Hunter-350" it looks like a Character that fell out of the 1960's  Smiley  

What's your "Next Best Thing" ?

Hunter_2mp_004.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 06/21/24 at 21:37:19

I’m gonna give it another year. My BSA 250 will be ready next spring , maybe sooner. RE 350 is out. If nothing comes along I just might build the sportster , with a gearing change , it’s a fine road bike. Would much rather have a new BSA. Another fun bike to launch over R/R crossings , scary $hit with a sportster.    Cool

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 06/21/24 at 22:09:25

Hay Ruttly

I had a 2004 Sportster 1200R ,

Running with them SAVAGES in the Mountains tore it up (Primary Drive splines on crank went gone) so I swore-off Harleys for a while.

Then in 2007 I got a 883 , well that TALL GEAR of the 1200 had me wanting the same gear on the 883  ...  So ... I switched to a 1200 primary set and loved that bike for about 50K miles till it started weeping oil , took almost 4 years !   Smiley

I came to the Conclusion that HD had make the PERFECT BIKE with the 883 with it's 3" piston.  Then they screwed it up by putting those oversize 3.5" pistons on a crank and drive gear made for 3" pistons.  IMHO that is.

So I bought a Moto Guzzi ... then another Guzzi  ...

The 1200cc splines came back when I built a heat shield around the area then got the Mig-Welder in one hand and the Dremel Tool with a cut-off disk in the other hand.   Two days latter there were "Tapered Splines"  where there used to be striped strait splines.

That little 350-J motor RE is making is REALLY - A "TOP OF THE LINE" Product.    It's just low in the "HP" department , but there are Mod's for that !  Smiley

« Last Edit: 06/22/24 at 20:18:33 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 01:21:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › BSA

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.