Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rear Brake Anchor Panel to Swingarm (Read 27 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Rear Brake Anchor Panel to Swingarm
06/05/24 at 15:46:17

Does this look normal?  Where the brake anchor panel meets the swing arm.  The raised ridge on the swingarm isn't pushed all the way into the channel on the brake anchor panel.  Should it be flush fit?  It's tight and I don't think it will push out, but it doesn't seem right.

Axle spacers are on their correct sides, belt is correctly tensioned evenly on each side, belt guard is aligned where it should be.

This was discovered after I got home after having new tires installed.  I don't know if it looked like this before taking it to the tire guy.

I have more photos or can take more photos.

Rear_Hub1_markup.JPEG
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: Rear Brake Anchor Panel to Swingarm
Reply #1 - 06/05/24 at 15:48:09

View from rear.  Sorry about the fuzzy photo (too many reflections).

Rear_Hub_rear_view_mark_up.JPEG
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #2 - 06/05/24 at 17:25:32

It's like the right axle spacer is 1/8th" too wide....  Yes, I have the big spacer on the left and smaller spacer on the right side of the axle

There is some reference to a spacer between the a brake anchor panel and swingarm and how it will fall out when you remove the wheel (I think Clymer talking about the axle spacers, but then mentions the axle spacer specifically in the next sentence).  And looking at several parts diagrams, I don't see a spacer or grommet going in that gap and it doesn't look like there should be one there.  It appears the ridge should slide right into the groove (no spacer wedged between them).

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #3 - 06/05/24 at 17:30:43

Does this gap look right?  Looks wide to me.  But if this gap was smaller, it would make the groove between the brake panel anchor and swingarm even wider.

Sorry, I can't draw with a pen (mouse) in edit markup mode.

Maybe it's all okay, but it doesn't fit my eye as right.

Hub_top_view_mark_up.JPEG
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 06/05/24 at 18:08:19

Funny how we only notice things after they've changed... or didn't.   Grin

The space is controlled by the hub, so as long the axle nut is tight and a washer didn't magically appear between the brake hub and drum, I think you're ok.

WWW   IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #5 - 06/06/24 at 06:45:51

That’s the absolute truth, Verslagen!  I should have taken pictures before I took it to my tire guy!  And I watched/helped 90% of the time, but I had to take a phone call when he started reassembling.  And even when I inspected the work before I left his shop, it didn’t jump out at me!

I noticed when I found he had installed one of the belt adjusters bass-ackwards with the index marking pointed inward towards the wheel (useless).  So I redid it and better adjusted/aligned the belt.  And I couldn’t get that groove and ridge to fit any better than he had it.

I can see from the dirt traces (wear marks) where it goes together that it’s not fitting as deeply/snugly as it was.  That’s what’s bugging me.

I’m tempted to loosen the axle and adjusters and give things a shake, but I wanted to check with the forum if I’m missing something obvious before I go shaking it around.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/16/24 at 12:43:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rear Brake Anchor Panel to Swingarm

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.