MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: ABC.  “”news””
Reply #15 - 05/29/24 at 08:27:29

Serowbot wrote on 05/28/24 at 10:53:14:
Journalists, scientists, Lawyers, Doctors, are generally more educated.
The more you know, the lefter you lean

"Journalists, scientists, Lawyers, Doctors, are generally more educated.
The more you know, the lefter you lean"

So that, ‘education’, is one of the reasons for the, DUMBING DOWN of America ?

Where 2+2 can be 3 or 5, depending on how it was done ?

Where the ‘Education/Learning”,  is
 “This party is bad, this other one is good” ????????

Yep, Learn to believe in, what you are TOLD to.
Instead of Learning HOW TO THINK !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 05/29/24 at 09:59:03

Memorial Day

Biden honors fallen American heroes

Trump calls half of America "Human Scum"

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 05/29/24 at 13:13:17

Serowbot wrote on 05/29/24 at 06:47:30:
People in cults always think everyone else in the world are crazy
"TDS" is a fail-safe for followers of the Orange Jesus

So you honestly believe he organized those gang rape parties, but I’m the unreasonable one! Wow….

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 05/29/24 at 14:11:29

Considering these "discussions" are about left vs right and not about actual policy, since it is not referenced, it's pretty clear that all of this is about affiliation and not application.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #19 - 05/29/24 at 14:28:23

Eegore wrote on 05/29/24 at 14:11:29:

"... it's pretty clear that all of this is about affiliation and not application."

So you believe that, DUMBING DOWN America,
And teaching WHAT to THINK.
Rather than, teaching, HOW TO THINK.

Is all about a political position,
and nothing to do with,
right or wrong ?

(Regardless of what political party one belongs to)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #20 - 05/29/24 at 15:08:54

WebsterMark wrote on 05/29/24 at 13:13:17:
So you honestly believe he organized those gang rape parties, but I’m the unreasonable one! Wow….

The FBI recieved over 4,500 tips from fellow students... They were turned over to the Trump WH.
Nothing was done with them

Because the FBI and Trump's White House Counsel hid the ball on this, we do not know how many of those 4,500 tips were consequential, how many of those tips supported Dr. Ford's testimony, or how many showed that Kavanaugh perjured himself during his testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee," the lawyers said.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 05/29/24 at 16:21:06

So you believe that, DUMBING DOWN America,
And teaching WHAT to THINK.
Rather than, teaching, HOW TO THINK.

I said nothing about that at all.  You made that up, I never stated a belief in any part of the US education system.

Is all about a political position,
and nothing to do with,
right or wrong ?

(Regardless of what political party one belongs to)

If we use exclusively the words I typed here and no other words, inference, or unrelated content, we can conclude I am talking about the posts on this forum specific to political party and the absence of actual policy.

The content of the posts on this forum are typically related to political party preference and not empirical evidence supplied of any party, parties, or individuals actual policy implementations and/or actions.

For example, the "Left" is this, and the "Right" is that etc.

Not, policy action X and supporting material A and B present systematic change in the education system by actions 1,2,and 3.  Supporting documents cross referenced with political affiliation of each human voting member -at the time- offer evidence that policy action X was presented, voted on and implemented by a majority "Left/Right" affiliated group of humans.

Instead we get opinion based off party preference.  No big deal, just what it is.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #22 - 05/29/24 at 18:41:07

Eegore wrote on 05/29/24 at 16:21:06:
"...   Not, policy action X and supporting material A and B present systematic change in the education system by actions 1,2,and 3.  Supporting documents cross referenced with political affiliation of each human voting member -at the time- offer evidence that policy action X was presented, voted on and implemented by a majority "Left/Right" affiliated group of humans. ..."

Do you believe, 'DUMBING DOWN', in schools, is happening, or not ?

Do you believe, 'DUMBING DOWN', in schools, benefits one political party greatly, or not ?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 05/29/24 at 19:01:02

Do you believe, 'DUMBING DOWN', in schools, is happening, or not ?

I think we need to better define "DUMBING DOWN".  Your definition most likely differs from mine.  "DUMBING DOWN" to me, means intentionally and measurably less education at all levels of public education, by policy, of subjects relevant to current students engaging in modern activities.

An example would be reducing the availability of math classes.  Instead of Algebra being available in 8/9th grade it is only available at 11th so that Trig and Calculus can not be learned by high-school students.

Spending less time in history class discussing WW2 is not "DUMBING DOWN" as the historical relevance reduces with each generation.  History class is less measurable, and will increase in content each year while the hours in a day will remain the same.  History education must change.

[i]Do you believe, 'DUMBING DOWN', in schools, benefits one political party greatly, or not ?[/i]

I do not.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 05/30/24 at 03:35:05

Serowbot wrote on 05/29/24 at 15:08:54:
WebsterMark wrote on 05/29/24 at 13:13:17:

The FBI recieved over 4,500 tips from fellow students... They were turned over to the Trump WH.
Nothing was done with them

Because the FBI and Trump's White House Counsel hid the ball on this, we do not know how many of those 4,500 tips were consequential, how many of those tips supported Dr. Ford's testimony, or how many showed that Kavanaugh perjured himself during his testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee," the lawyers said.

None of them or those people would have been on network news the very next day.

Your steadfast belief that her story is not only possible but actually true, is no different than talking to a 9/11 conspiracy fool. Logic and common sense mean nothing, only this blood thirsty fever to kill Trump. That’s all that is in your mind. You’re like a mindless zombie!

Seriously dude, you should be more even keel like me. I see the world and people for who they are and what impact they have on me personally and the world.

Regardless, get used to “President Trump”  because while I’m not in favor of him, I put his odds at 60/40 he’ll be president come January 2025.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #25 - 06/03/24 at 11:55:28

Eegore wrote on 05/29/24 at 19:01:02:
."... History class is less measurable, and will increase in content each year while the hours in a day will remain the same.
History education must change...."

Been a long time since I was in School.
Yet I remember a thing called 'Home-Work', 'Study-Hall', and reading 'school books/texts' on weekends. (or snow days for a 1/3 of this nation).

So today, is different ?
No more, 'learning', outside of school ?

And History must be changed ?

"...History education must change..."

Where would the,
'Learn from History,
to not make the same mistake'

come in ?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #26 - 06/03/24 at 12:49:11

Serowbot wrote on 05/29/24 at 09:59:03:
Memorial Day...
...Trump calls half of America "Human Scum"..."

Wrong.

"Happy Memorial Day to All, including the Human Scum that is working so hard to destroy our Once Great Country,” said Trump, ..."

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 06/03/24 at 14:34:25

Been a long time since I was in School.
Yet I remember a thing called 'Home-Work', 'Study-Hall', and reading 'school books/texts' on weekends. (or snow days for a 1/3 of this nation).

So today, is different ?
No more, 'learning', outside of school ?

I never said that.  It is not however typical for students to learn calculus outside of school by means of homework or weekend reading.  They are taught calculus by teachers, and homework is the practicing of what was educated by a human teacher in a school, or school-based analogue.  If a student is completely self educated on topics they don't need school and can not be "DUMBED DOWN" by it's policies.

There is no policy that limits algebra to high-school only so that calculus would be taught at age 22 instead of age 16 for instance.  Thus "DUMBING DOWN" public education by reducing what is "taught" by "teachers" in a school.

And History must be changed ?

"...History education must change..."

Where would the,
'Learn from History,
to not make the same mistake'
come in ?

The problem with this is that it ignores time.  Students in 1960 didn't learn about 9/11 since it didn't happen yet.  Yet they still had a full History class.

It is plausible that students today should learn about 9/11 today.  So should they have an additional History class?  Then another, as more human history piles on?  

Or should history class change, so that applicable history is taught, and not all history exactly as their grandparents learned?  People act like the Nazi's will come back tomorrow if kids don't learn about WW2.  Kinda like how the Chinese will rule the planet if we don't learn about the Genghis Hoards.  

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #28 - 06/03/24 at 15:32:13

Eegore wrote on 06/03/24 at 14:34:25:
"...Or should history class change, so that applicable history is taught, ..."  

In that case, no need to educate people, about past history, when it come to Hamas/Gaza/Israel, type of, 'history'.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 19:35:04

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › ABC.  “”news””

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.