Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Houston Derecho/Tornados (Read 22 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Houston Derecho/Tornados
05/21/24 at 05:45:36

Well, we survived, but it’s been a challenging time following last Thursday’s derecho and F1 tornados in Houston.  Meteorologists generally agree the storm was “just” a derecho (strong straight line wind/rain storm), but they’ve also concluded we had several F1 tornados in the area.  Recorded wind speeds in excess of 100mph across town.

We lost power for 3 days.  Some are still without power, like my daughter.  Our daughter and 3 granddaughters have been staying with us since power got restored here.  My time has been consumed with dealing with destroyed privacy fencing and tree limb debris.  We got a bit lucky - I few homes on our street had parts of roof and siding pealed off.

We’re bouncing back, but tinkering with bikes and riding are off the menu for now.  I’m going through withdrawal, but glad to be alive!  Today we dig fence post holes - yay, joy!  And it’s only going to be 90°-95° this afternoon.  If the storms didn’t get me, maybe I can avoid death by heat stroke!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Houston Derecho/Tornados
Reply #1 - 05/21/24 at 06:16:23

Wait a minute ...  What about the warm ocean breeze and mild winters there in Paradise ?    

So

Where is the "PERFECT" place to live ?  Huh

glad ya'll didn't go out with the tide !   Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: Houston Derecho/Tornados
Reply #2 - 05/21/24 at 08:20:29

I’ve heard Portugal is pretty nice weather year-round and not prone to many natural disasters or weather events (earthquakes, tornadoes, flooding, tsunamis, hurricanes, blizzards, etc…)!

I knew about straight line winds before, but never heard the word “derecho” until 4 days ago.  Derecho is the word of the week down here!  Some people are comparing it to Hurricane Ike.  That’s a pretty fair comparison without the water storm surge and flooding.  Just up the road though, people are still trying to deal with rivers flooding from rain 2 weeks ago.

« Last Edit: 05/21/24 at 09:44:43 by ThumperPaul »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 22:26:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › Houston Derecho/Tornados

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.