Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Help with electrical issue - horn, lights only (Read 236 times)
Odysseus
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Help with electrical issue - horn, lights only
Reply #60 - 06/02/24 at 09:09:58

Hi Paul. to answer: But are you saying you also have/had a bad connection or bad wire at the connection under the gas tank?  Did you find where your connection or wire(s) is/was bad under the tank?  Did I understand you correctly? At first, it did seem like that for some reason, but after I buttoned it all and took it out for a ride yesterday (~20 miles) seems fine! I guess I'll cross that bridge if/when I come to it.

One other thing to note: Ever since I've had this bike, the horn sounded very weak and this gauge was constantly "bouncing" up and down, by tat I mean one dot lights up then two, then three, then back to two etc but in rapid succession (going from 0-10 spastically really. Now it stays on. Maybe that's the way it's supposed to work? I've never had one like this. It's on the halfway mark right up at 12 mostly, whach are red-yellow-yellow-yellow, but once in a great while will flash the green light (over the halfway mark). That light never really stays on but I can see it once in a great while. Before this trouble I never even saw it. Guess I don't know how to read the durned thing.

IMG_1300.jpg
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #61 - 06/02/24 at 09:36:54

I have no idea.  That volt gauge looks ancient.  Hopefully it doesn't have gremlins in it at the root of your problem.

« Last Edit: 06/02/24 at 11:23:28 by ThumperPaul »  
  IP Logged
Odysseus
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #62 - 06/09/24 at 17:39:22

Redux problem: Overall, I had the system working. Now, however, when I drive the left front light only works intermittently (you can see it's actually off in the pic) and the flasher lights range from a steady green flash to a spastic flash. I don't know which they should be. The gauge I've attached here shows the system at a stop when I rev the engine; when I stop revving or am driving, it's minus the green light. Also, when I gun it, hop on the highway etc., the gauge goes bananas for a minute or two, flashing etc. until it goes back.

Other wise, it's working as far as headlamp and horn, so overall I'm good, but I wish I could get the final kinks out Angry

IMG_1307.jpg
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #63 - 06/11/24 at 17:40:06

The connectors for your front turn signals and running lights are in your headlight nacelle.  Remove your headlight and check those connectors.  It's easy to figure out which wires and connectors since the wires run directly into the turn signal light stems.

You should follow the wire to your LED voltmeter and see where it's connected.  Let us know where it is connected.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Odysseus
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #64 - 06/12/24 at 09:52:17

Thanks Mike, I will check that out.

Quick note/observation: While riding I tugged on the harness that goes to the switch on the handlebars, and everything went on. Thinking also to check the connection under the tank (again)> Huh

IP Logged
Odysseus
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #65 - 06/12/24 at 13:35:31

Have not opened the front headlight yet but I did take the seat off/tank and fiddled with that cluster of wires. Now all seems well except for the left front running light, which seems to illuminate when I beep.  Tongue

I'll test drive it tomorrow.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/27/24 at 23:58:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Help with electrical issue - horn, lights only

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.