Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Clutches, clutches, clutches. Where does it end? (Read 878 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: Clutches, clutches, clutches. Where does it en
Reply #135 - 09/09/24 at 15:45:30

The stock fiber discs are (per Clymer) 2.92-3.08mm not 2.5-2.6mm when new.  So average is 3.0mm just like Barnett 3mm.

The wear limit is 2.62mm.

The measurements I shared in Reply #128 were from a Caltric clutch kit and they advertise 2.9mm.

Barnett springs are stiffer.  I can confirm that.  Their steel discs probably aren’t meaningfully different than stock.  Their fiber discs aren’t any thicker (they would be foolish to mess with that metric).  About the only differentiation could be in fiber discs material.  I don’t know what Barnett uses.  Maybe it’s a superior organic formula.  Then again, maybe the little Savage doesn’t like premium and prefers vanilla.

You already know you need a new pressure disc and clutch basket?

IP Logged
Surviving Philly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #136 - 09/09/24 at 16:15:48

Kevlar I think. But people use it without any issues. I think it's actually cheaper than stock brand new.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #137 - 09/09/24 at 16:25:48

Are you getting the big nut torqued down all the way?  The big nut that has the locking washer.  

I don't see how the shorter rod would allow the spring bolts to hit the release arm, but I guess it's possible.

IP Logged
Surviving Philly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #138 - 09/14/24 at 13:57:36

Does anyone know Is the pressure plate anodized?? Dave mentioned in the past it is but from what I understand anodized aluminum typically has a dark(er) surface than non anodized and usually a matte finish. The pressure plate new has a shiny, polished surface.

Any insights here?

I think the Barnett clutch material is simply harder than the plate. Call me crazy but this is my current idea.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #139 - 09/14/24 at 17:16:15

Surviving Philly wrote on 09/14/24 at 13:57:36:
Does anyone know Is the pressure plate anodized?? Dave mentioned in the past it is but from what I understand anodized aluminum typically has a dark(er) surface than non anodized and usually a matte finish. The pressure plate new has a shiny, polished surface.

The wear surface is going to be polished and bare as it's going to end up that way anyway.  The rest of it may be anodized/parkerized/whatever.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/18/24 at 05:50:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Clutches, clutches, clutches. Where does it end?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.