Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Keihin PWK38 Air Striker Carburetor Installation (Read 313 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Keihin PWK38 Air Striker Carburetor Installati
Reply #60 - Yesterday at 14:40:43

Well, at least your bricks are still flesh colored.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #61 - Yesterday at 14:51:50

LANCER wrote on Yesterday at 14:40:43:
Well, at least your bricks are still flesh colored.

Grin Shocked

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #62 - Today at 05:51:39

Well, something isn’t exactly right trying to tune with the Dyna muffler…

The #32 pilot jet seems perfect.  The idle is very steady at 1250-1300 rpms.  This is actually an improvement.

During “roll on” testing of the main jet in 3rd and 4th gear, it stumbles or hesitates and isn’t smooth when I ease off to 7/8th throttle.  Suggesting the #130 main jet is too big.  I will go back down to a #128, but this is the main jet I was using with just the UNI air filter (no Dyna muffler).

Since I also moved the e-clip from the 2nd to 3rd groove on the needle, I’m wondering if this isn’t contributing to the issue as well.  In the low/medium midrange, it almost feels too rich as well.  I went back and forth with this when I installed the UNI filter and found I liked the 2nd groove (leaner) a little better for crisper acceleration in the midrange.  But I’m always scared of being too lean in the midrange where I do 90% of normal riding.

Now I’ll be doing 1 change at a time (like I’m told).  

I’m also still wondering if a different needle may be needed to get everything dialed in right.  

DBM - you changed the needle on your hotrod.  Ideas?  I think mine is a DDJ.  If I wanted to keep some of the low midrange richness (or correct mixture), but I wanted to lean out the upper end of the midrange, can you suggest a different needle?  Do I need less taper?  This type of advanced tuning is above my pay grade.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #63 - Today at 09:37:54

Well… Dropping down from the #130 to #128 main  virtually cleared up the issue entirely (it’s definitely noticeably better).  The dilemma now though is a know a #125 will be sightly lean.  And I don’t think a #126 or #127 Keihin main jet is available.  I need to look.

I’m going to leave the e-clip in the middle groove for now as 1/4 - 3/4 throttle feels ok.  I think it could be crisper, but I’m concerned moving the e-clip up a groove will be too lean.

I’m just gunna try some normal riding for a while and see.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 13:21:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Keihin PWK38 Air Striker Carburetor Installation

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.