2008 Parts Bike (Read 62 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
2008 Parts Bike
04/07/24 at 05:59:19

Anybody want a parts bike or project?  Cheap $300.  I’m considering buying it, but I don’t have the tools and skills to rebuild the motor.

https://www.facebook.com/share/BdTX5anWphmaq615/?mibextid=79PoIi

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: 2008 Parts Bike
Reply #1 - 04/07/24 at 17:56:12

The price is good - if you want a project.

I spent more than this to buy a theft recovery bike with a Salvage title that was not in as good of shape - but I knew that all I really needed was a frame, controls and hardware.  This project became my Retro Standard project and a large portion of the bike was going to be modified.

If you want to return this back to a standard Savage, and you are willing to break even on cost and donate a lot of time and labor - then buy it!  You are going to have to spend another $1,000 getting it on the road again by the time you rebuild or buy a motor....and then you have to ride it with the scratchy fuel tank or spend more money getting the tank repaired or replaced.

If you would rather spend your money on a bike that runs and go riding rather than spend time in the garage - then don't buy this one.

If you want a parts bike - this is a good one and you can likely double or triple your money if you want to part it out.  A frame with a title is a very good thing, tool box covers are in demand as are the left side body panels - you might even want the left side engine cover and stator to replace your leaky one!  Another member on this site is asking $300 for a set of forks - and that is not a bad price if you need forks.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #2 - 04/07/24 at 18:04:38

Agree Dave.  I was more just posting this to see if anyone else might want it.  I really don't want to get into trying to restore it.

IP Logged
Savard 05
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #3 - 04/08/24 at 03:50:38

Description of the bike said 1700 Miles tell me if I'm wrong but very hard to believe a lean carb destroyed that motor in only 1700 miles??? What do you guys think? It would be a great parts bike though.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 04/08/24 at 04:33:15

$300 is a great price for a parts bike, even if the engine has some issues.
If I were in the neighborhood I would buy it.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #5 - 04/08/24 at 05:48:15

Savard 05 wrote on 04/08/24 at 03:50:38:
Description of the bike said 1700 Miles tell me if I'm wrong but very hard to believe a lean carb destroyed that motor in only 1700 miles??? What do you guys think? It would be a great parts bike though.

Completely agree!  The wear seems more oil related (lack of oil).

Lancer - I am tempted for $300.  Just not sure I want to take up precious garage space with it.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 04/12/24 at 10:06:09

$300 would be high ! Wave $200 under his nose , show him cash , get him squirming a bit , like fishing , show 0 emotions  , all business. If it’s clean and kept indoors $300 yeah . When you look at it  , does it have what you need ?  What you don’t want , is it sellable ? When it’s free your only concern should be if it’s stolen ! Negotiating is an art , but it doesn’t mean a thing if you can’t read sellers body language. I feel like the master of my world when I win at it and nothing but admiration when loose at it. The best fun is the back and forth between 2 seasoned professionals , eyes are windows into the soul ! Eye to eye , spit out your low , make sure to briefly lock eyes , read the eyes read the face read the body , a non violent war of wits ,  intensity in the air , silence is deafening . Are you a Master or not ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #7 - 04/12/24 at 10:50:35

Ruttly!  Lol. You are the master!  Somebody nabbed it.  Wasn’t me.  Wonder if another forum member nabbed it.  I missed another one for $650 that would have been better.  You gotta be quick around here!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #8 - 04/12/24 at 21:29:17

Sometimes when I see a deal I move on it immediately , cause everytime I think twice I lose out. Move fast on obvious value. Low balling obvious value  shows seller how ignorant you really are ! He wants you to recognize it has value , generally before negotiating, remember he is still proud of it. So not so much are you haggling as find an agreed value of their prized item , then you both dance til both are ok with the deal. Build them up and then knock them down.  Every seller is different. Winning is good for the soul , so is failure (bith slap) ! LMMAO

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 22:07:27

General CategoryThe Marketplace › 2008 Parts Bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.