Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
so Expensive ?
03/24/24 at 09:34:48

Why, is everything so Expensive ?

Many believe it is/was the,
‘Floyd’ riots.
As of today they cost the taxpayer over 2 BILLION.
And there is a LOT more to come.

It started with the increased cost of items, due to the APPROVED, ALLOWED DESTRUCTION of items.
     AND the ALLOWED THEFT !!!!!!
Then, rebuilding, enforcement, insurances, lower property values, unpaid labor, lower tax revenue, lost sales,

The price will NOT go down !!!!

10 years ago, a $60.000.00 truck was State Of The Art !
Today $100.000.00 truck, is just a truck.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: so Expensive ?
Reply #1 - 03/24/24 at 14:19:38

I'm sure everything could be blamed on the Floyd riots if we try hard enough.

I prefer to just look at cost trends and see where spikes are, then see if there are quantifying events.  Instead of choosing events, then finding a way to connect cost to that event.  The World Economic Forum articled of course started a lot of the discussion around the riots and insurance changes, but there is a lot of fill in the blanks in that specific article.

Vehicle prices drastically slated for increase before the Floyd riots when there was the parts/microchip shortages - known to automakers long before it was "reported" in the "media".  Environmental policy changes placed on auto-makers caused by their own admission a spike in cost, this was also before the Floyd riots.

I'm sure the Floyd riots added to the problem, but to say increased costs "started" after that event seems to ignore general GDP trends across the board, and that little pandemic event that just a little bit impacted US businesses, supply chains, consumer availability and things like that.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #2 - 03/24/24 at 14:34:10

I think it is due to the government spending too much money on nonsensical things and the national debt, which means that more and more money has to be printed and inflation increases as a result.

The enormous amounts that were embezzled by the pentagon at the time is ultimately paid for by the citizens.

In addition, the money has not trickled down and the rich have manipulated legislation to attract even more money. To a point that government has become merely an instrument of the very richest.

What it has always been in essence, but now it is becoming visible.

There is manipulation from all sides to make it seem that it comes from certain groups of people or other things, but of course we don't fall for that. We also do not allow ourselves to be blinded by the political theater and remain in solidarity with each other.

By the way this topic is mine now so fu ck off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaeQSanKWlk

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 03/25/24 at 08:30:07

Eegore wrote on 03/24/24 at 14:19:38:
"... there is a lot of fill in the blanks ..."

Yep !

Here is just a bit;

"...The 2020 US protests were unusual for the insurance industry for two reasons.
First,
the cost was unprecedented.
According to proprietary data from PCS, the team we lead at data analytics company Verisk, there
were only 12 riot and civil disorder catastrophe events from 1950 through 2019.
The largest was the 1992 riot in Los Angeles at nearly $800 million
in insured losses (not adjusted for inflation). And even that was an outlier. The average loss to the insurance industry from riot and civil disorder catastrophes over those 70 years was only around $90 million.

In 2020, the George Floyd protests became the first civil disorder catastrophe event to exceed $1 billion in losses to the insurance industry.
In fact, it has exceeded $2 billion so far
and could still go higher.

This “catastrophe event” was also the first to affect more than one state...."

That was JUST the INSURED !

(And ALL the WORKING people pay MORE Insurance)

What was the cost
of things destroyed
(by people that were determined to NOT be responsible)
that was NOT insured ????????

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 17:06:50

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › so Expensive ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.