CDI box wiring? (Read 30 times)
Arty Dodger
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Shreveport, LA
CDI box wiring?
03/10/24 at 20:01:19

Hi folks, I have the CDI box but no wiring harness. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the CDI box? It’s a 8 pin but I don’t have the slightest clue what goes to what.

2007 Suzuki Savage to Bob or Die!
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: CDI box wiring?
Reply #1 - 03/11/24 at 05:49:03

Is it an OEM CDI?  Or aftermarket?  Do you not have both 8 pin connectors (male and female)?  Wire color isn’t always helpful because they can vary from OEM to aftermarket.  And Chinese parts manufacturers often dance to the beat of their own drum when it comes to what color wires go where.

An OEM CDI has the connector attached to it.  Did someone cut off the wires from the connector that plugs into it?  I’m trying to visualize the mess that it sounds like you have.

If it’s a new aftermarket CDI, ask the seller about the wires.  I’m guessing it’s wires and not a connector!??  That will at least solve half the puzzle.

Can you take some pictures of the CDI, connectors, and/or open wires?  Some of the wires should be fairly easy to see where they are coming/going.  Most likely there is a green wire (pick up) from the stator that connects to the CDI.  I believe a red and black wire go to the coil.  You’re probably going to have to trace the wires back to their components.

Dang OEM CDI are expensive!

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/suzuki/motorcycle/2005/boulevard-s40-ls650/...

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 03/11/24 at 07:54:18

WWW   IP Logged
Arty Dodger
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Shreveport, LA
Reply #3 - 03/11/24 at 21:58:16

verslagen1 wrote on 03/11/24 at 07:54:18:

Heh…after I posted this, I found the diagrams for it. Thanks!  But I still wish I could fine the female plug for it.

IP Logged
Arty Dodger
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Shreveport, LA
Reply #4 - 03/11/24 at 22:00:07

ThumperPaul wrote on 03/11/24 at 05:49:03:
Is it an OEM CDI?  Or aftermarket?  Do you not have both 8 pin connectors (male and female)?  Wire color isn’t always helpful because they can vary from OEM to aftermarket.  And Chinese parts manufacturers often dance to the beat of their own drum when it comes to what color wires go where.

An OEM CDI has the connector attached to it.  Did someone cut off the wires from the connector that plugs into it?  I’m trying to visualize the mess that it sounds like you have.

If it’s a new aftermarket CDI, ask the seller about the wires.  I’m guessing it’s wires and not a connector!??  That will at least solve half the puzzle.

Can you take some pictures of the CDI, connectors, and/or open wires?  Some of the wires should be fairly easy to see where they are coming/going.  Most likely there is a green wire (pick up) from the stator that connects to the CDI.  I believe a red and black wire go to the coil.  You’re probably going to have to trace the wires back to their components.

Dang OEM CDI are expensive!

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/suzuki/motorcycle/2005/boulevard-s40-ls650/...

I have the OEM CDI thankfully but the bike didn’t come with the wiring harness to pull the female plug from so I’m pretty much starting from scratch…but I think I found the diagram for each lead. So looks like I’ll be wiring the bike from scratch.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 20:56:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › CDI box wiring?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.