Headlight problem (Read 31 times)
LAZY
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Headlight problem
02/10/24 at 05:16:33

Howsit everyone.
So I have a 2015 s40 boulevard wanting to know what colour the wire is for low beam headlight.my problem is I use to be able to push plug underneath tank on the right side or wiggle cord and tape in place but now my dodgy fix is no longer working.what puzzles me is high beam still works which is a plus as I work night shift altho im sure the cagers are sicking of me frying there eyeballs. also running lights usually work aswell as horn.i looked at other wiring diagrams but the colours dont match mine so im stuck as to what wire in harness i should be checking for connection.i will admit im a complete noob when it  comes  to anything electrical.any advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Headlight problem
Reply #1 - 02/10/24 at 05:36:07

Low beam wire is white.....high beam is yellow.

Corrosion in the connector under the tank is somewhat common.  Also the wires can break in the area up near the headlight - when the forks are turned it stresses the wires and the wires sometimes get fatigued and broken as they age.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: Headlight problem
Reply #2 - 02/10/24 at 14:33:58

The problem won't be in the connector under the tank, as the hi/lo beam split is in the left handlebar switch.
As Dave said, the wires going into the headlight bucket is a prime suspect place.  It could be the headlight bulb as well.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 19:33:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Headlight problem

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.