Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Stator Wires Grommet Leak (Read 71 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: Stator Wires Grommet Leak
Reply #15 - 11/16/23 at 05:15:26

Ingenious Verslagen!  I may have to try it.  10psi seems high though.  Call me chicken - but I don’t want to cause a leak trying to find a leak.

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 11/16/23 at 11:00:45

I sent you the orings, but in the meantime you might want to test the pattern on how and when it leaks. When my starter oring was leaking, it was usually a very slow, if any leak while riding and idling, but the minute i shut down the engine it would drip a bunch of oil, but then when the bike would sit for a long period of time there would be no drips at all.

I guess centrifugal forces were carrying some oil up to the starter, and when the engine would stop, whatever oil was spinning would drip down into the weep hole and on the stator cover. But when the bike was sitting, there was nothing to drip since the stator cover was not leaking.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #17 - 11/16/23 at 11:17:46

Thanks Och.  I wouldn't think the o-ring on the starter could allow for a large leak.  It's at the top of the engine and I wouldn't think the gear could bring up and splash that much oil up there and THEN for it to find the area of the starter o-ring and dump a bunch of oil doesn't seem real possible (maybe its the crankcase oil pressure that pumps a bunch of oil up there...I don't know...).  

I re-patched the stator wire grommet this morning.  I'll do the starter o-ring when I get them from you.

Meanwhile, I have to get her running before I can do any tests and checks.  I need to clean and rebuild the carb and waiting for a decomp solenoid from Verslagen.  I'm getting closer to a test start/run.  Thanks again!

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/16/23 at 12:17:19

ThumperPaul wrote on 11/16/23 at 11:17:46:
Thanks Och.  I wouldn't think the o-ring on the starter could allow for a large leak.  It's at the top of the engine and I wouldn't think the gear could bring up and splash that much oil up there and THEN for it to find the area of the starter o-ring and dump a bunch of oil doesn't seem real possible (maybe its the crankcase oil pressure that pumps a bunch of oil up there...I don't know...).  

I re-patched the stator wire grommet this morning.  I'll do the starter o-ring when I get them from you.

Meanwhile, I have to get her running before I can do any tests and checks.  I need to clean and rebuild the carb and waiting for a decomp solenoid from Verslagen.  I'm getting closer to a test start/run.  Thanks again!

In my case it was splashing quite a bit, especially right after shutting down the engine.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 07:29:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stator Wires Grommet Leak

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.