Murray’s Carbs (Read 61 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Murray’s Carbs
10/24/23 at 06:49:12

Hey Guys.  Anybody familiar with Murray’s Carbs?  The sell a Mikuni VM36 carb supposedly tuned (jetted?) and set up for the Savage.  I’m considering buying a cheap project (2004 Savage) with this carb already installed.  I’m tempted to buy the bike just to see what Murray’s did with the carb.  https://murrayscarbs.com/product/suzuki-boulevard-s40-savage-mikuni-carb-kit-vm3
6-36mm/

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Murray’s Carbs
Reply #1 - 10/24/23 at 19:42:14

Ive been aware of Murray’s as a seller of carburetors & suck for years, but I have no idea of what his choice of jets are for the LS50  Are there additional jet choices available for location/altitude,  assorted exhaust systems ?

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #2 - 10/25/23 at 04:46:52

That’s why I’m asking if anyone has actual experience.  When you go to the order page, they give you options for the intake side of the carb (cone filter or silicone duct).  They also have a place for comments.  I’ll give them a call today and see what I can find out.  Hopefully they will talk and don’t act like they can’t give out grandma’s secret recipe.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #3 - 10/25/23 at 17:35:56

In case you didn't know, Lancer sells proven carb kits and has always been willing to help people here even if they didn't purchase his kit.  You might want to support him if you decide to buy.

As for Murray's carb kits, they have been used and discussed on this forum before.  IIRC, there might have been some minor issues with the kits but they performed well.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1657485453/0
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1608742849/0

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #4 - 10/26/23 at 04:34:49

Thanks Ohio.  Yes, I’m aware of Lancer’s kit.  I’m just looking for any info and experience people may have had with Murray.  I’m considering this bike for sale as a project and it already has the Murray tuned Mikuni VM36, slide cable and intake/duct.  Trying to gain a better understanding before I buy the bike.

Apparently I don’t search well.  I’ll take a look at what you sent.

Related note - Murray Feldman got back to me yesterday.  He’s not sharing details of grandma’s secret recipe.  He just told me he’s been doing this a long time and will tune the carb for altitude and any mods.  He’s not going to tell me is has a 40 slow jet and 150 Main jet (or whatever).  Probably thinks I’ll steal his magic formula and apply it to some eBay knock off carb that costs $40.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #5 - 10/26/23 at 06:24:24

Sorry, I did read your post but forgot about the used bike part by the time I searched for the other threads.    

We all understand the search function on this site isn't the best and only produces decent results if you use the search button and skip the search boxes above.  However, if you do a Google search or use the Search Google feature above you can get good results by adding "susukisavage.com" to the text.  (I get the best results from a direct Google search.)

For example, searching with Google for "Murray" will produce anything related to the word "Murray".   Entering  "Murray suzukisavage.com"  produces all the hits from this site as well as other results related to Murray's carbs on the Suzuki Savage.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #6 - 10/26/23 at 17:13:07

Thanks Ohio.  Sound like a great way to filter the search!  I honestly never thought about trying that.  You taught this old fart something new!  Thanks.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:46:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Murray’s Carbs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.