Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Can we work it out? (Read 192 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Can we work it out?
Reply #30 - 10/16/23 at 05:38:03

I am just popping in for a moment as I am trying to sort something out the old ‘05.  I find one thing rather interesting, the left has a moral dilemma.  Which side is the more protected class?

Regardless, I am surprised by than less objective opinions of this conflict.  I have not seen any posts stating that Israel did not pilfer and occupy the Palestinian land. If you look at the map of Palestine & Israel since it’s inception and you don’t agree their land was taken, you are not honest.   This was also planned decades in advance, see the Balfour Declaration.  The declaration was contained in a letter dated 2 November 1917 from the United Kingdom's Foreign Secretary Arthur Balfour to Lord Rothschild, a leader of the British Jewish community,  

If an invading force came to take your home, how would you react?  This by no means gives Hamas or their supporters the right to massacre scores of innocent people in a feudal attempt that is doomed to fail.  One has to expect a reaction to large group of people who fanatically believe in a sub-human belief system.  

Israel is going to reciprocate, and again scores of innocent people are going to be displaced and killed.   This will never end……………..

In short, there are a lot of bad guys and not a lot of good guys.

Also, there is proof Jewish space lasers exist, see the Iron Beam………………...

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 10/16/23 at 05:50:36

Israel still has to appear interested in a Two State solution to get aid, support, money in the capacity they do now.  My assessment is they use the PLO/PA/West Bank to "negotiate" and Hamas to stop the negotiation potential of success.

I think that’s 3-D chess in an imaginary game, not the real world. Using the existence of Hamas and by default, your interpretation requires Hamas to maintain a certain level of existence, is what resulted in over a 1000 Israeli deaths. While this attack was a surprise, the fear of an attack like this was real. I do not believe a government who regularly faced small attacks from Hamas would allow those to continue in order to argue or present a face that they are in favor of a two state solution.

And, I agree that most Israelis lie when they say they would accept two states. I believe they understand that many versions of crescent moon groups cannot coexist with anyone. When you see those bumper stickers with all the religious symbols cleverly designed to say coexist, remember the dominant reason why they can’t is solely because of only one symbol.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #32 - 10/16/23 at 08:02:23

zevenenergie wrote on 10/14/23 at 14:22:02:
The Japanese were not massacred

The people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki don't disagree... because they can't.   Like the residents of Gaza, they had no more influence over the Empire than the average Palestinian over Hamas, or American over the deployment of the US military.   Truth and reductive recourse typically don't share the center of a Venn diagram- and history has a nasty habit of becoming little more than a bludgeon when flattened for a soap box.  

Serowbot wrote on 10/14/23 at 06:56:18:
I'm not sure the Israel situation breaks down to Right and Left so cleanly. I, for example am a big Israel supporter, as have all the recent Democrat Presidents including Biden

Leveraging of the us/them tribal mentality is the root of these problems- something we would should have learned long ago from this constructed tragedy.   Problem is, the lever connects to basic aspects of our nature that many never attempt to recognize, let alone surpass. Fomenting hate is so... easy.

Serowbot wrote on 10/14/23 at 06:56:18:
Thumper and Mavi have not commented.

This forum isn't a healthy, constructive space for me; I come here when society swings toward tribal excess at the expense of humanity, and I need a personification of those failures to use as pinata, beating until all the ugly bits are disgorged.   Naturally, that contact is ultimately unsatisfying, being as reductive and destructive as the source of my disgust.

So, no- I will not expound at length here on origins of this conflict, prejudice, bigotry, or petty and profound partisanship, as doing so would be akin to practicing origami in the rain.    Rather, on a personal level, Serow, I suggest your demonstrated humanity is too large to fit into the limitations of the "big Israel supporter" box you have adopted, and will require cognitive dissonance and parsing of values to remain confined to.   Whether or not you'll find that position tenable will depend to what degree comfort of certainty and pride succeed in winning out over your other values.

Some folks here have surpassed my expectations- in a good way.  There is also disappointment.   Predictable disgust.   Life is just... too short to spend it in this way- so I'll pluck the needle from my arm and leave the table again, having had my fill.

Later, all.   Before all else, be kind.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 10/16/23 at 08:25:31

I think that’s 3-D chess in an imaginary game, not the real world. Using the existence of Hamas and by default, your interpretation requires Hamas to maintain a certain level of existence, is what resulted in over a 1000 Israeli deaths. While this attack was a surprise, the fear of an attack like this was real. I do not believe a government who regularly faced small attacks from Hamas would allow those to continue in order to argue or present a face that they are in favor of a two state solution.

You could be right.  When I was there I never heard anything that said directly to allow Hamas to keep making tunnels because they wanted them to be able to harm Israelis.  I did however directly receive orders to not catalogue the seismic readings as they would not be stopping the digging.  These came from a very high up in command source which is what seemed odd.  This is only one incident, nowhere near enough to see patterns.

I don't think Israel (specific to the humans in the pre-stated parameters) is wanting Hamas to be a very damaging force, and greatly underestimated what Hamas was capable of out of Gaza (18 is the average age).  I do however think Hamas is a great interrupting tool to negotiations, and a complete eradication of humans in Gaza will greatly impact the use of that tool.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 10/16/23 at 08:29:14

That's a ground laser.

If you are trying to say "lasers" are a "space" item then I have tons of "space lasers" laying all over the place.  My neighbor uses a "space laser" to play with her cat, and she is Jewish.  She has a Jewish space laser too.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #35 - 10/16/23 at 09:10:08

MTG:  Love Jewish lasers  Space or land  Zap ‘em!

I was being facetious, it was a dig to those on the left............

Best regards,

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 10/16/23 at 09:52:06

pg wrote on 10/16/23 at 05:38:03:
I am just popping in for a moment as I am trying to sort something out the old ‘05.  I find one thing rather interesting, the left has a moral dilemma.  Which side is the more protected class?

Regardless, I am surprised by than less objective opinions of this conflict.  I have not seen any posts stating that Israel did not pilfer and occupy the Palestinian land. If you look at the map of Palestine & Israel since it’s inception and you don’t agree their land was taken, you are not honest.   This was also planned decades in advance, see the Balfour Declaration.  The declaration was contained in a letter dated 2 November 1917 from the United Kingdom's Foreign Secretary Arthur Balfour to Lord Rothschild, a leader of the British Jewish community,  

If an invading force came to take your home, how would you react?  This by no means gives Hamas or their supporters the right to massacre scores of innocent people in a feudal attempt that is doomed to fail.  One has to expect a reaction to large group of people who fanatically believe in a sub-human belief system.  

Israel is going to reciprocate, and again scores of innocent people are going to be displaced and killed.   This will never end……………..

In short, there are a lot of bad guys and not a lot of good guys.

Best regards,

Hello PG, long time.

Virtually everyone’s land was taken at one point or another. Israel’s policy of occupying the land they were being attacked from that’s fine with me. If northern Mexico, or southern Canada kept launching attacks into the US, sure, take them over and occupy it.

As far as going back to 1917 I think it’s important to note that history didn’t start in 1917. Not that that’s necessarily an excuse. One way or another but it’s important to remember it’s complicated. Well to be fair it’s complicated, on one hand. On the other hand it’s pretty simple. If Muslim extremists would just stop trying to kill Jews, the problem would be solved.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #37 - 10/18/23 at 18:52:50

I've watched some of the footage of the conflict.  They often chant and holler about a snack bar.  I believe it is in Hawaii as well.............    Grin

Best regards,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 01:52:31

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Can we work it out?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.