Send Topic Print
No spark🤬 (Read 95 times)
Coleman118
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: No spark
Reply #15 - 11/25/23 at 20:13:13

And thanks as well vers so it having exposed wires as long as it works when cranking engine that wouldn’t be a cause?

And so at this point what do I have left to check off before I just assume igniter and go for it do I need to worry about regulator rectifier? Sorry if I sound newbie, I am one and everything I know thus far is what I’ve picked up skimming forums and reading the clymer for this bike as I slowly try and piece together what it could be and work on it in my garage.

Just a normal guy tryna get into cruising.

IP Logged
Coleman118
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: No spark
Reply #16 - 11/25/23 at 20:14:39

I should mention this bike is a mechanic special in a half I picked up from a friend who had it sitting around but knew it ran for 80 bucks and it’s been through him and I believe to of his friends who all were/are mechanics but more like jerry rig mechanics

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: No spark🤬
Reply #17 - 11/25/23 at 20:40:29

I spliced your old thread so we can see the history.

And you might add your location, someone maybe able to help you out.

WWW   IP Logged
Coleman118
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/25/23 at 22:26:38

Much appreciated! Yeah I’m in Vancouver Wa PNW.
I have gone through many forums checking the readouts of what everyone’s been posting and checking them against the old parts and new parts as I get them they’ve so far been good and like I said I think I’m down it it just being the cdi but again that’s a lot to throw down for a whim decision so just trying to find out I have walked the harness a few times I believe I haven’t missed anything it is missing the headlight and front right hand switch as well so I have to connect the three wires for the kill switch for them to get it to jump I don’t think I’m missing a kill switch. Any info is much appreciated

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #19 - 11/26/23 at 20:21:47

This Ignitor Unit pin reading data is right out of the factory service manual.  It's for the old 9-pin unit.  The manual says they are "approximate readings".

The manual goes on to say:

"Use the Suzuki pocket tester, bring the + probe and the - probe into contact with each lead wire of the ignitor unit, check for continuity and measure the resistance value.  When the continuity and resistance values are as shown in the following table, it can be judged that the ignitor unit is normal."

The manual has a caution note:

"As capacitors, diodes, etc. are used inside this ignitor unit, the resistance values will differ when an ohmmeter other than the Suzuki pocket tester is used."

The caution note seems like it's a CYA feature, but I guess their pocket tester could be special.  At any rate, the table may be useful to you.  Seems to me that you should be able to learn something from the table.  Like if pin to pin readings were infinity where they are supposed to have relatively low resistance, or if they were very low resistance when the table shows they should have high resistance.

Hope it helps.  Good luck.

Pin_Rdgs_Pre_96_Snipped.jpg

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 09:32:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › No spark🤬

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!