Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Glasses, frames, getting them to fit (Read 26 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Glasses, frames, getting them to fit
08/31/23 at 05:08:19

Having someone who has no clue put your glasses on your face and Adjust them to fit never works. Let someone put your hat on your head. You're going to reach up and adjust it.
Asymmetrical pressures may take a few minutes before you start feeling them, but eventually you will need to reach up and touch your glasses. If you're making the Same touch, over and over, the frame needs adjusted. I've been able to get my frames to fit with such a feather fit,just nothing putting pressure anywhere that causes a need to reach up and adjust. But the gal who was helping me showed me some of The New Bestest frames,, made of Memory Wire. Yeah, I went with it. Big adjustments are not hard to make. But fine tuning is not working out. So,if you're in the market for new frames, you might want to ask yourself, do your glasses Need to remember? Bending them up often? Yeah,, and I found another thing to Seriously look at,,
The wires that have the nose pads on them need to be mounted right. One of mine is higher than the other. But it's taken me almost a year to get the dammed things adjusted to the point where I homed in on that. And the people I dealt with doesn't make me want to run right back.
Anyway, if you're picky about how your glasses ride on your head, and you are actually the one who adjusts them, I don't recommend the memory wire.
And now I have an inspection point to really look at. The mount points for the nose pads need to be attached at the same place on both sides.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Glasses, frames, getting them to fit
Reply #1 - 08/31/23 at 05:20:44

Once I find a pair I like I just replace the lenses.  I do this for sunglasses I like as well so I can convert them to prescription.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 08/31/23 at 06:14:14

Since I can't safely walk without glasses I save the ones I need to replace. I keep the ones I replaced and when it's time for glasses, I take the glasses I have been holding onto, my spare glasses, for Just in case my glasses get totalled,and have the lenses replaced. Been doing that for so many years that This time, it was time for frames. The backup glasses I have now are, hell,IDK how old those frames are. I had been taking turns on those frames for around ten years,?? I don't get lenses unless they are scratched up and bugging me or the prescription is not right any more. The myopia was continually worsening when I was younger. I Needed a new prescription every year.
Now? Since it became time for bifocals the prescription is not changed much at all. I wear them until the lenses just never stop feeling like they need cleaned.

Ohh,, and that No Glare coating? Never again. It's like the lenses are polluted with the slightest bit of oil and it won't come off.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #3 - 08/31/23 at 08:44:18

One of my yearly exams showed I had cataracts developing in both eyes.  Before going into surgery, I elected to have vision correction (lasic) done at the same time.  That turned out to be one of the best things I have done!  It has been the first time without glasses on my face since the 7th grade.  I would recommend it to anyone who has to wear glasses.

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 16:23:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › Glasses, frames, getting them to fit

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!