Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Didn't know that was a Thing.. (Read 55 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Didn't know that was a Thing..
08/27/23 at 11:10:49

Awake at four, YouTube videos on, watching Shorts and there is a woman who just Threw herself off the platform, laid out, looking like she was gonna just slam into the water. She tucked at the last moment. It's called Death Diving.. She won the world championship in 2021, got a Car for her trouble. The name? Naah, IDK, but she's blonde, pale and from Norway.. Tough Chick!
It's worth watching for a while, IMO. Me? Yeah, I never liked hitting the water, but I can appreciate the people who can.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Didn't know that was a Thing..
Reply #1 - 08/27/23 at 13:34:56

I didn't know it was a thing that had caught on - but I used to do that 50 years ago and scare folks.

I did not tuck in the same way they are doing.....just before hitting the water I would put my hands on top of my head and pull in my legs up to my chest and roll up into as small of a ball as I could.  It didn't hurt when you hit the water - even from a 10' board or platform.

I didn't do it a lot - just enough to surprise folks who expected I was going to go a belly flop from 10' in the air!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 08/27/23 at 16:21:44

Gotta say,Dave, I'm surprised. If you go look, they jump from considerably more than ten feet. I stopped doing the high board before I was twelve. Did you know that a skinny kid with wet trunks and the drawstring Tight could go feet first and the air balloon his trunks out and when he hits the water, the air can shred those drawers? Ohh,that can happen. Walking home with a towel wrapped around me was just the cherry on top.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #3 - 08/27/23 at 18:01:24

Hey , That’s Super Dave a true American Daredevil !   Cool

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 08/27/23 at 18:03:41

50 YEARS AGO.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 08/27/23 at 19:15:08

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/27/23 at 16:21:44:
Gotta say,Dave, I'm surprised. If you go look, they jump from considerably more than ten feet.

Yep, the X Games, Red Bull....and YouTube have resulted in kids doing far more aggressive things than we used to do as kids in the 60's/70's.  We just didn't push our luck as far as they do today.....and most of us survived! Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 08/27/23 at 21:03:52

Back then you weren’t cool unless you were airborne, we jump up ,down over,we would find something to jump. Jumping off a 90 ft drop off on a Honda trail 90 can be hair raising , but I was kool ! I remember I felt like I fell out of the sky.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #7 - 08/27/23 at 21:21:58

At 7 got my first mini bike and after that I just wanted to ride. Everyday was like “On Any Sunday” everyday. Everyone rode something. Didn’t know it then but it was a very special time in motorcycling , history. Eat sleep & drink motorcycles. I’ve been I’ll ever since !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 08/29/23 at 08:26:31

On Any Sunday” and Endless Summer should be seen by every kid. I'm thinking it's time to watch them again. Talk about Different Times...

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #9 - 08/29/23 at 10:32:33

My recommendations , On any Sunday 1 , 2 , 3 and Why We Ride.
Need to watch them all again , never forget what got us here. Great feel good movies for the not so young. Good movies for all like minded folks.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 20:23:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › Didn't know that was a Thing..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.