Next Project???? (Read 62 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Next Project????
08/20/23 at 08:53:11

Should I buy it as my next project?  It's a 2003 that needs carb work and ignition key (overall key).  It needs some other things too from the single photo available.  Clean title.  Mileage unknown - seller is not helpful and might be stupid or conveniently quite (or both).  It's about 100 miles away from me, so I haven't seen in person yet.  I can probably get it for about $600.  I highly doubt the seller is a Savage member.  If he is and reading this, he's getting a sense of how I feel about our communication.

Is that a HD muffler?  It doesn't look stock, but I can't tell...

2003_savage.jpg
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Next Project????
Reply #1 - 08/20/23 at 10:01:54

Later Harley muffler with the balance tube....likely plugged the balance tube.

Angle on carb with Pod type filter....maybe Lancer's kit.

Looks a bit rough.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 08/20/23 at 10:06:44

It has the right shape but look for the Harley name and other info stamped right into the chromed steel outer surface.  That is a genuine stock factory installed part.  Generally, a Dyna or 1200 Sporty muffler is desired.  Their cylinders are basically the same size as ours.  They work very well in our 650.
Besides, they are quality mufflers, well constructed, & are durable.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 08/20/23 at 10:10:02

You’re right Dave, I missed that when I looked at it.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #4 - 08/20/23 at 10:30:37

What is a balance tube?  And I agree it looks rough.  But for $600, is it worth a stab?  Parts anyone?  LOL.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 08/20/23 at 11:06:31

ThumperPaul wrote on 08/20/23 at 10:30:37:
What is a balance tube?  And I agree it looks rough.  But for $600, is it worth a stab?  Parts anyone?  LOL.

some hd's have the mufflers connected, you can see the crossover port at the front of the muffler.

WWW   IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #6 - 08/20/23 at 11:26:20

I see it now.  Y'all got some good eyes or better ZOOM than me!  I just get a blurry mess when I zoom in.  verslagen1 wrote on 08/20/23 at 11:06:31:
ThumperPaul wrote on 08/20/23 at 10:30:37:

some hd's have the mufflers connected, you can see the crossover port at the front of the muffler.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 08/20/23 at 16:41:16

You want a project? Come up here. I have enough stuff to build a Coupla bikes and I'm not able any more. I'm easy to deal with. I've got some class parts, new stuff, a carburetor I don't know the name of,, I bought all of Reelthings parts and a whole bike,
My health is just gone down and I'm not riding again. Someone otta put this stuff to use. You won't find a better price. I've got a belt, nitrided cam chain, exhaust, header pipe, drop me a PM, I'll give you my number.
I'm just north of Longview.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/20/23 at 17:19:28

That bike is pretty rough, definitely a project.

JOG's offer sounds like fun and you might be able to trust him!   That's a win/win in my book.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #9 - 08/20/23 at 18:08:28

I'm so sorry to hear about your health!!  I sincerely appreciate your offer.  I'll definitely think about it.  Not sure if I really want a project - my garage is getting too full for my wife. I probably need to lay off.    justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/20/23 at 16:41:16:
You want a project? Come up here. I have enough stuff to build a Coupla bikes and I'm not able any more. I'm easy to deal with. I've got some class parts, new stuff, a carburetor I don't know the name of,, I bought all of Reelthings parts and a whole bike,
My health is just gone down and I'm not riding again. Someone otta put this stuff to use. You won't find a better price. I've got a belt, nitrided cam chain, exhaust, header pipe, drop me a PM, I'll give you my number.
I'm just north of Longview.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 08/20/23 at 18:35:45

It's an open offer. Anyone on this forum is welcome to check it out. I'm not really up for inventorying just yet. Last three months have been serious. A PA prescribed a medication that caused edema. Wore my boots for the first time in a long time today. Another week or so and maybe I'll be up to it. I paid a fair bit for it all. It was a trailer load.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #11 - 08/21/23 at 04:32:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/20/23 at 18:35:45:
It's an open offer. Anyone on this forum is welcome to check it out. I'm not really up for inventorying just yet. Last three months have been serious. A PA prescribed a medication that caused edema. Wore my boots for the first time in a long time today. Another week or so and maybe I'll be up to it. I paid a fair bit for it all. It was a trailer load.

Sorry to hear that!  You’re alive and you’ll be kicking again soon!!  With this heat we’ve been having, riding has been limited to before 10am!  Get better before fall and cooler weather returns!  I’ll private message you about your toys!  Thanks and take care!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 08/21/23 at 05:50:38

I'm not seeing getting in good enough shape to ride again. I'm ready to let go of those dreams. I'd sure like to know someone will use some of these things. I don't like seeing good stuff go to waste. And I sure don't like seeing people want a bike and can't afford it. Stuff otta get used and people should get out and have fun. I hope someone will put this rather extensive collection of motorcycles and parts to good use. I don't want to leave it for the family to have to figure out what to do with it. Or just watch it all rot.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 08/21/23 at 16:34:20

JOG,

Please know that many of us find you entertaining enough to keep poking around here.  You still have your wits about you.  Hang in there and make do as well as you can.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 05:24:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Next Project????

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.