Bravo fellas!! (Read 98 times)
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Bravo fellas!!
07/31/23 at 17:27:09

I love how the members here are so willing to share information without egos or arguments.  

That's often difficult to do without the context of sound and sight.    It's really easy to be a prick from a keyboard even if it's by accident.

Well done ladies and gentlemen!

EDIT to add the "ladies".  I know we have a few out there.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Re: Bravo fellas!!
Reply #1 - 07/31/23 at 17:30:16

I was going to reply in a different thread, but I didn't want to hijack it.  I'm sure this post will fade away quickly so I hope all of you active members see it before it does.

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #2 - 08/02/23 at 05:39:21

I much prefer old-school forums over FB groups or redit. There is more a community environment, and people tend to be more civil. This forum is a necessary resource and is well moderated.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 08/02/23 at 12:06:25

A few years ago I was doing the top end on a four wheeler. I went to the forum,did some reading, and engaged in a few threads, introduced myself, told them what I needed and got a demonstration of what a buncha D-Bags look like. Check out the forums Out There and compare. Cool people here.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #4 - 08/02/23 at 12:33:11

Great post Ohio.  I couldn't agree more.  

Sitting behind a keyboard tends to erode social norms.  It's easy to fall into that trap.  If any of you see me going down that rabbit hole, please call me out.  I don't wanna be that PFAKB.

This is a nice place to hang out.  Smiley

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #5 - 08/02/23 at 17:56:38

As anyone who reads my posts know In addition to my LS/S40's I have a Honda Fury. I do far prefer this forum to the Fury forum, which is ok, but over here questions are often better explored and answers more forth coming. I stop in here at least once a day, the Fury forum maybe once or twice a week.

The set up of this forum works much better than the Fury one, this one is concise and orderly with better defined topic organization. it is a pleasure to look through it everyday.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 08/02/23 at 21:10:27

I’ve been tellin ya , its the best around , format maybe real good but it not the format ,

It’s the members that make this place great not the format.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 08/03/23 at 04:26:48

Ruttly wrote on 08/02/23 at 21:10:27:
I’ve been tellin ya , its the best around , format maybe real good but it not the format ,

It’s the members that make this place great not the format.

I agree, it’s the people and their heart attitude that makes the difference.

Any members here who have been on our group rides can attest to the “Good Will” of participants.  It makes for a really good ride.  I’ve never heard an angry word from anyone, and this is over a 15 year period.

IP Logged
miatamarty
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/10/23 at 15:57:39

I'm a newbie to the world of Savage's. I stumbled across a Craigslist add for a LS650 Bobber. It just looked like what I needed after not being on a bike for 20 years. The previous owner had a whole notebook all about how he modified his bike, even notes about what jets where in the carb to compensate for the Harley muffler and cone air filter. And that's where I discovered this website. It has educated me about so many ways to solve problems like leaky fork seals and speedo cables. I wanted to make a donation for my education but that link didn't work. Maybe driver error(probably). I have never been inclined to make a donation. Help! I want to give my money to somebody. Heck, I'll even send a check just tell me where.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #9 - 08/11/23 at 04:47:30

Thanks Ohio!  A big shoutout and kudos to several of you guys posting here - Mike, Verslagen, Lancer, Rutly, Justin!!  You guys are awesome and make this forum what it is!  The willingness to take time to help, write thoughtful and detailed correct answers and advice is greatly appreciated!  The banter and sense of humor is just the right amount of twisted!  I never would have gotten my old Savage and old S40 project bikes thumping right without you guys!  Huge thanks!  I actually sold my S40 project about a month ago, but I still find myself checking in here to read and learn and if I know an answer, chime in to help or offer advice.  Don’t begrudge me too much, but I bought a like new 2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 750DC. Too good to pass up!  The Honda Shadow forum is helpful too, but it doesn’t compare to this forum!  Im actually looking for another S40 project and look forward to staying connected with you guys here!  Thanks again!  Well said, OhioMoto!

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #10 - 08/11/23 at 12:51:21

Hey Paul, hurry up and get that S40.  Always better the 2nd time around.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 20:24:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bravo fellas!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.