Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Simple transgender explanation (Read 243 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Simple transgender explanation
07/31/23 at 03:40:43

Considering the transgender topic hasn't degraded into a bunch of claims about implying/inferring of things that were never said here like other topics, it might be worthwhile to look at a simple video explanation.

I've known Sabine for years and while most of her stuff was originally physics based, she has done a great job showing how a physicist approach, using data, can apply to pretty much anything.

This video is titled "Is being trans a social fad among teenagers?" I recommend watching the entire thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR_RAp73ra0

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Simple transgender explanation
Reply #1 - 07/31/23 at 03:47:32

Other videos on different topics:

Does the Past Still Exist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwzN5YwMzv0

A good one showing why we don't have to just rage against words that we don't want to hear about a topic we think we are right about:

Flat Earth "Science" -- Wrong, but not Stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8DQSM-b2cc

One on alternative energy:

We Could Beam Concentrated Solar Energy Down From A Satellite. But Should We?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZPrIE5ZMZA

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/31/23 at 05:13:14

Eegore wrote on 07/31/23 at 03:40:43:
 Considering the transgender topic hasn't degraded into a bunch of claims about implying/inferring of things that were never said here like other topics, it might be worthwhile to look at a simple video explanation.

I've known Sabine for years and while most of her stuff was originally physics based, she has done a great job showing how a physicist approach, using data, can apply to pretty much anything.

This video is titled "Is being trans a social fad among teenagers?" I recommend watching the entire thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR_RAp73ra0

I have this woman’s YouTube channel saved and I’ve seen quite a few. I know her to strongly lean left when it comes to political views but she at least admits her bias.

My takeaway from this video, as the grandfather of a young girl who is very popular with her peers and seemingly could go to birthday parties she’s invited to eve weekend is:

The fact that diagnosed gender disphoria has skyrocketed in girls seems to proved social contagion. Girls are far more social than boys. As a father of both a boy and girl, I’ve witness first hand the difference between the sexes as they grow up. Boys and girls are different not because they act like others in their chosen group, they choose those groups because the members of that group act similarity. That’s important to understand.

And the fact girls are claiming disphoria proves a large percentage of behavior is driven by sex seems to be ignored. If girls were really boys, wouldn’t they act like a boy and be far less open in expressing themselves to their peers?

The other takeaway is the fact the number of clinics have likewise skyrocketed is another demonstration of “if you build it, they will come.”

This has been turned into a political club and young girls are the casualties.

Now, here’s a video for you to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSGgR3W_jjg

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 07/31/23 at 08:26:56

What about the other 99%????

What Data Shows About Transgender Detransition and Regret
https://www.newsweek.com/what-data-shows-about-transgender-detransition-regre...
Associated Press reported in March that only about 1 percent of individuals who had transgender surgeries expressed regret. That was based on a review of 27 studies, which involved some 8,000 people who were mostly in the U.S., Europe and Canada.

Media's 'detransition' narrative is fueling misconceptions, trans advocates say
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/media-s-detransition-narrative-fuelin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/31/23 at 09:55:24

Tell me you didn’t watch the whole video without telling me…..

If you did, if you learned anything, is that statistics and even research papers that are supposedly scientific and nature are less than reliable. An article from Newsweek, which clearly has established a left-leaning, political agenda is meaningless.

And I bet you did not watch the video link I posted either.

You are really turning into quite the drive-by shooter.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 07/31/23 at 10:25:37

"I have this woman’s YouTube channel saved and I’ve seen quite a few. I know her to strongly lean left when it comes to political views but she at least admits her bias."

I agree, while she may have an opinion she will at least admit when there isn't enough evidence to conclusively prove an opinion.  I haven't seen her misrepresent any information she uses as reference.

If girls were really boys, wouldn’t they act like a boy and be far less open in expressing themselves to their peers?

I don't think so, but the reasons why won't change the math so my opinion on that isn't of much value.

"This has been turned into a political club and young girls are the casualties."

I agree.  I think the harm comes from both sides of the issue here.  

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 07/31/23 at 11:26:41

Eegore wrote on 07/31/23 at 10:25:37:
"This has been turned into a political club and young girls are the casualties."

So maybe politics should stay out of it and leave the issue to families and doctors?
I think that's been the Left view all along.

Same with abortion.

This is not a Right vs Left issue... it's a concocted Right issue.
The Left just says STFU
And due to the Right Wing's animosity toward trans and gay people in general, I don't see their concern here as genuine.  It's just a way to pump up ire in the voter base.  The Right runs on hate.
And you'll deny it... but look at you.  
Suddenly you're concerned for the welfare of people you don't want to allow to use the bathroom.
Roll Eyes

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 07/31/23 at 14:17:15

You want to understand mental illness? All you can do is know that it is mental illness and then Do Not support their delusions. Nobody FEELS like something they Aren't.
Hell, I'm a Man and I can't Possibly FEEL like another Man. This Is the DUMBEST buncha Crap I've ever seen or heard of a society enduring.
Some places have seen their Leaders Frikken BAN this ridiculous crap.

Now, if YOU want to actually Consider what is happening and Try to wrap your head around WHY,, let's
Follow the SCIENCE
Testosterone levels have been dropping for a long time.
There are Things conveniently found in foods,, that I'm betting don't need to be in it.
Pesticides that affect hormones.
The Pussification of America is and has been obvious for a long time.
They made Being a Boy just Wrong.
But it's okay if you can't even see the history of your very own life.
Who doesn't see everything I just laid out?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/31/23 at 14:53:05

Did you watch the video I posted?  The overwhelming amount of humans transitioning are female to male.  The majority are trying to be boys.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 07/31/23 at 15:00:10

So maybe politics should stay out of it and leave the issue to families and doctors?

I don't think this is the ideal route as the medical profession can often times provide detrimental services if it is allowed to go unchecked.

In the video I posted it is indicated that some governments are reducing the amount of medical treatments because of the permanence of body part removal, and that action has hardly any evidence to support it is beneficial for those age groups.  

I think if we let a private network like medical care in the US decide with parents, the only outcome will be more surgeries.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 07/31/23 at 15:20:06

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/31/23 at 14:17:15:
You want to understand mental illness? All you can do is know that it is mental illness and then Do Not support their delusions. Nobody FEELS like something they Aren't.
Hell, I'm a Man and I can't Possibly FEEL like another Man. This Is the DUMBEST buncha Crap I've ever seen or heard of a society enduring.
Some places have seen their Leaders Frikken BAN this ridiculous crap.

Now, if YOU want to actually Consider what is happening and Try to wrap your head around WHY,, let's
Follow the SCIENCE
Testosterone levels have been dropping for a long time.
There are Things conveniently found in foods,, that I'm betting don't need to be in it.
Pesticides that affect hormones.
The Pussification of America is and has been obvious for a long time.

Nice theory but... there have been gay and trans people for millennia.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #11 - 07/31/23 at 17:03:28

Serowbot wrote on 07/31/23 at 15:20:06:
"Nice theory but... there have been gay and trans people for millennia."

A-Yep,
MOST, vast,. VAST majority, have been  VERY intelligent, productive, talented, skilled, successively men, who were ‘gay’ (new meaning).
Who did NOT, CRY, ‘Look at me, give me special consideration”.
(Walt Dysney, Raymond Burr, were just two)

And NOT ONE Said:
Pick Me, Pick Me, I am Gay, I am Special, I want special Consideration.
     (Like Today !)

Instead of a Transportation, Nuclear waste , Admiral,
who ONLY got to where they were,
With the, (and to the like),
     'affirmative action'

A-Yep, !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 07/31/23 at 17:44:26

Testosterone is Not dropping?
We Don't have chemicals in the food supply that screw up hormones?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 07/31/23 at 18:10:37

Really? So if a doctor refuses to permanently abortion, yo7 won’t sue him? If a baker refuses bake a cake because it goes against their beliefs, you’ll tell the gay couple to go elsewhere?

And….if a company refuses to hire fat people because the staff doctor says they down produce as well, you’re fine with that?

No, you’re not fine with it. In fact, you need politics to drive these issues to the court where you can stick your nose in everyone’s business.

I’m all in favor of less government intrusion, but there’s an entire industry being created to turn a profit at the based on nonsense and leftist are the ones sacrificing children. As usual, progressives suck.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 07/31/23 at 18:59:57

Testosterone is Not dropping?
We Don't have chemicals in the food supply that screw up hormones?

I have not seen conclusive evidence that testosterone is dropping among the age groups indicated in the video, but I can not say for sure.

Yes there are chemicals in food and other locations that damage hormones.

The question I have is if "They made Being a Boy just Wrong." wouldn't the outcome be more boys transitioning to girls?  Using the content of the video, that you may or may not have bothered to watch, the question is if transgender transition is a fad among youth.  The overwhelmingly larger group are girls becoming boys.

This would contradict the effectiveness of "They" making it Wrong to be a Boy.  It's not working, tons of kids want to be boys.

« Last Edit: 07/31/23 at 20:09:38 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/01/24 at 01:31:15

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Simple transgender explanation

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.