Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New rear tire slightly off center to the left (Read 44 times)
Anameofsomesort
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New rear tire slightly off center to the left
07/24/23 at 20:26:57

I recently finally got around to changing my rear tire. I did it all with the help of a friend and made sure to put everything back how we left it. However, I've noticed a few days after and after about 30 miles on the new tire, it's slightly to the left under the rear fender. I didn't take any pictures of the tire before I took it off, only of the parts to make sure I assembled them back properly. I have no clue if it was already like this. It doesn't seem to effect the ride, and everything on the belt looks good and aligned.

Is this normal on the savage? I don't know how I could messed up it up in this way, and I wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't checking how the tire was wearing. All the spacers were put back, the tire is straight, and the axle is tightened to spec. Thanks for any help on this.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: New rear tire slightly off center to the left
Reply #1 - 07/25/23 at 03:13:17

Carefully measure the distance from the rear axle to the swing arm pivot point on both sides.....and confirm the distance is the same for both.

If that distance measures good and the fender still looks out of alignment with the tire.....then maybe it is the fender that is wrong?

I bought a Honda Trail 90 a couple years ago and it looked like the rear fender was off center.  I was trying to figure out how to get it straightened, and then when I took the rear wheel off to put on a new tire I discovered the right side chain adjuster bracket was not correct and had too big of an axle hole.  When you placed the marks on the adjusters at the same index mark - the one on the right side did not move the axle back as far as the "too large" hole didn't start pulling on the axle until the excess hole was used up.  A new and proper adjuster bracket solved the issue.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/25/23 at 18:43:27

The fender on the savage is pretty flimsy, so your tire and frame are most likely ok, just the fender is a bit crooked.

IP Logged
Anameofsomesort
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/25/23 at 18:55:44

I am a total idiot. I didn't even think that the crashed savage I bought could have a messed up rear fender for some stupid reason. I measured everything and taped a stick to rear brake light to finally realize it after you guys told me that. If it was any farther to the right it would hit the swing arm at the front too, how I didn't notice that is beyond me. Everything is kosher on the bike, just a bent rear fender. I'm relieved and feeling dumb Tongue.
Thanks everyone!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 23:30:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New rear tire slightly off center to the left

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.