Send Topic Print
single stroke engine? (Read 76 times)
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
single stroke engine?
07/14/23 at 10:43:13

I don't remember seeing this posted here and thought it would be interesting to the group. the company is INNengine and this new design is very different. I agree with some comments about longevity, but having no valves, cam or cam chain seems interesting.

https://newatlas.com/automotive/innengine-one-stroke-engine-design/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I0_3qFmPUM

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Re: single stroke engine?
Reply #1 - 07/14/23 at 13:56:09

That's cool.  I like how the 600cc single cylinder motorcycle engine is mentioned.

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 07/14/23 at 18:15:19

Watching YouTube videos the other night. Saw that. Looks good for a Easy style of driving. It Looks, to me,like the ramp the rod runs down would make just so much torque before it was wrecking itself. Operated right, that might be a really efficient engine. Cool design,, however it goes.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 07/14/23 at 19:40:52

Anybody ever study how the diesel train works ...

This motor might be a great alternator motor to keep an electric vehicle charged up.  
We all could be driving little trains type vehicles in a few years ?  Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 07/15/23 at 04:51:34

That engine combines concepts that have been used in other engines.  There have been many opposed piston engines designs previously.  I remember seeing one in the Henry Ford Museum that was built in the 1930's and it made a lot of power for it's size.  Also the 2 cycle cylinder concept is similar to the 2 stroke diesel....although they use piston ports and valves and an air pump.

I would think that this engine would have issues with the exhaust scavenging not working efficiently at all rpm......the engine would likely work better with an air pump to push the air into the cylinder and scavange the burnt gases.  This may also allow them to use an Ecoboost concept to provide boost to get more power.

I saw this engine concept a while back......it is amazing people can dream sthis stuff up.  The test engine had a bit of oil seepage around the shaft seals.....If this is a design flaw they could make a way that the oil is captured and recycled back into the engine......many engines have a void between the bearing and outer seal to provide a path for oil so that it doesn't leak out the shaft.

I don't believe that we can achieve a "NO"  fossil fuel machinery in my lifetime.  I do believe that Hybrid technology is workable for a lot of vehicles.....use the battery for the short trips and the engine for longer trips.  The engine could be downsized and the battery motor could help when you needed more power - however I don't see this concept working for machinery like tractors/combines/trucks and equipment that needs to operate for hours/days on end when the plowing and harvesting time arrives.  Having a hybrid that could provide emergency power for your house would be really neat!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 07/15/23 at 07:38:51

Isn't there a rule that what goes up must come down?...
What sorcery is this?  Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #6 - 07/17/23 at 10:19:49

I read https://www.thedrive.com/news/company-builds-powerful-500cc-one-stroke-engine... on my phone a couple of days ago. It says the company is looking to market it as a "range extender" for hybrids like Dave said.

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 07/24/23 at 05:09:43

Anything doing is worth overdoing!

Here is a link to the Napier 18 cylinder Napier Delta.....88 liter (5,370 cubic inch) engine monster!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vV-YaKsIGk

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 07/25/23 at 09:21:23

Fossil Fuel?
How many gazillion barrels have been pumped? What typically happens to dead stuff? Animal And vegetable,, other things digest t,For the Most Part.. So, what died and Made All that oil? And, someone PLEASE explain how it managed to get Below layers of rock, and Way Down there, where the Formation Pressures REQUIRE heavy drilling fluids to keep the well from blowing out..
A gas bubble that enters the well bore ten thousand feet down the size of a marble will displace cubic feet or more once it gets to the surface. How does that liquid get Down there? Or am I supposed to believe dead stuff, animal and/or vegetable, got buried ten thousand feet down? I've been on wells that went deeper than ten thousand feet.
Just because it's been referred to as Fossil fuels does not make it so.

First,, DO THE MATH,, look at how many barrels have been pumped,,
And how many TRex  skeletons have been recovered with a Single Drop of oil on them?

Good grief,, just because we were taught something,, that does not make it correct.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 12:08:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › single stroke engine?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.