Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Speedtractor  - ST400 - Bringing it back to life (Read 177 times)
Werdna
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Speedtractor  - ST400 - Bringing it back to li
Reply #15 - 06/28/23 at 18:10:46

ohiomoto wrote on 06/27/23 at 05:51:37:
Make sure you check out all of the mechanical parts of the fuel system before doing any jetting or mods.
If your bike has a vacuum operated petcock, make sure it is working properly.  They present a lean condition when they are failing.

Confirm that the slide opens properly.  It's vacuum operated.  If it is not opening properly it will not deliver the proper amount of fuel when the throttle plate opens.  You can remove the air box and observe the slide's movement with the bike running.   If it's not moving or getting stuck you may need to clean or replace the slide  

This is very helpful thanks. I'm going to pull the petcock this evening, I checked it before and the rubber inside was questionable. I will post pictures it here.

« Last Edit: 06/28/23 at 22:19:53 by verslagen1 »  
  IP Logged
Werdna
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 09/21/23 at 11:12:48

Hi Everyone,

Apologies for dropping off here, I've had some personal changes that I've had to adjust to.

That also leads me to having to find a new home for my SpeedTractor as I am moving and cannot take it with me.

I've decided that I'm not going to try and sell it for as much money as possible, I would rather find a new owner who has the same interest in the bike as me and will give it a good home (I will charge $1000 otherwise I'll be inundated with timewasters). I bought it because I loved what Speedtractor had developed with the build and knowing that I would only be able to ride off road / display the bike due to the import regulations.

So with that in mind I wanted to ask the community here about the best way to find that new home, hopefully someone here on the community would be ideal.

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #17 - 09/21/23 at 12:15:57

Where is the bike located? I might have interest if it's not a nightmare to get home.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Werdna
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 09/21/23 at 12:31:02

....thanks for the interest.

The Bike is located in the SF Bay Area, near San Jose. I am happy to assist with shipping if needed.

Thanks again

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 08:32:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Speedtractor  - ST400 - Bringing it back to life

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.