Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dime City Cycles Tachometer Backlight Not Working (Read 31 times)
HricakSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Dime City Cycles Tachometer Backlight Not Working
06/05/23 at 05:56:14

Hello All!

This is my first post on the forum. I’ve read posts and everyone in here seems incredibly friendly and helpful so I’m hoping someone out there can maybe help me diagnose a problem I’m having.

There was a similar post from another user that purchased a speedo and tech from Dime City Cycles. I liked the look of them so I went with the same set. I believe I got the speedo wired up correctly but I’m having trouble with the tacho.

The Dime City Cycle tacho has the 4 wires you’d expect:

Green - negative
Red - power
Yellow - backlight
Black - ground

I’ve connected the green to the B/Y of the ignition coil.
I’ve connected the black to the frame.
(This part I think is what’s causing an issue) - Ive spliced the red and yellow together, and connected those to the B/R that is connected to the horn.

I do not have the fuel tank attached yet so I’m just testing the electrical connections, and I assumed I would get the backlight of the tacho when ignition is turned to ON position. I have the speedo light, but I do not get the tacho light to come on and I’m running out of things to try different. I feel like everything should be connected properly. Im not in front of the bike at the moment, so I don’t have pics, but I can provide them if anyone thinks they’ll help.

Am I overlooking something here? The bike doesn’t need to be STARTED for me to see the tacho light, does it…?

Thanks everyone!
- Evan

IP Logged
SpamyToo

Re: Dime City Cycles Tachometer Backlight Not Work
Reply #1 - 06/05/23 at 13:29:01

Sounds like you have them set up right.  Especially if the one is working.

Are those the little 2 inch gauges?  Or sometimes called 50 or 55mm.  (Similar to what Ryca used to have)

If so, those are not the best quality and you may have gotten a bad one from the get go.  When Ive used those, they have busted and fell apart within 1000 miles or so.

Or are you talking about a different gauge?

WWW   IP Logged
HricakSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Dime City Cycles Tachometer Backlight Not Work
Reply #2 - 06/05/23 at 17:45:45

Ugh, I’m hoping that’s not the case either..I just checked and it’s a 60mm model. Let me see if I can attach pic:

9783097A-21B5-47F5-9EDE-158C91E18B49.png
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 03:29:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dime City Cycles Tachometer Backlight Not Working

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.