Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Market value of RYCA cafe racer? One sold for $8k (Read 79 times)
Yazman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Market value of RYCA cafe racer? One sold for $8k
05/30/23 at 16:27:14

Hey Savages! What do you think fair market value for a RYCA CS-1 conversion would be? I've seen one sell for $4,500 (1997, OfferUp) one sell for $8k (2009, bringatrailer), one is currently listed for $8k (2005, fleabay), another listed for $3,050 (2006, 2040 Motos), another listed for $3k (1998, advrider). EDIT: looks like one sold on here for $4400 and another for $3k

Mine has 250 miles on the top end rebuild, hi-comp piston, stage 3 cam, PWK38, chain drive conversion, cam tensioner mod, double bearing mod, head plug, new parts etc. It's clean, no rust, clean title, solid wiring.

Gimme your opinion! These prices are all over the place!

20230530_083639.jpg

2011 RYCA - 94mm flat top Wiseco, stage 3 cam, PWK38, open exhaust, UNI filter, 14/52 chain drive
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Market value of RYCA cafe racer? One sold for
Reply #1 - 05/30/23 at 19:43:29

It’s only worth what someone will pay !  Whatever the market will bare ! I’ll give you $1500.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Yazman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #2 - 05/30/23 at 20:06:36

Ruttly wrote on 05/30/23 at 19:43:29:
It’s only worth what someone will pay !  Whatever the market will bare ! I’ll give you $1500.

No way, I counter at $1000

2011 RYCA - 94mm flat top Wiseco, stage 3 cam, PWK38, open exhaust, UNI filter, 14/52 chain drive
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 05/31/23 at 10:40:27

I think that part of the RYCA appeal - was for folks with somewhat limited tools/skills to have the ability to do a "custom" build of their own.  They were willing to buy a bike, buy the kit and do the labor so they could have their own custom motorcycle they built with their own hands.....part of the appeal was the pride of building.

The RYCA Cafe' is definitely a cool looking motorcycle - and it is fun to ride.....but not always quite so practical.  I have ridden mine up to 300 miles in a day and over 1,000 miles in 4 or 5 days down in TN/NC - but you do need to get off the saddle and rest your butt every 100 miles or so.  They also are horrible in the rain and throw water into your face, a stream in each shoe, and a stream up your back.....you will not be dry even with rain gear on - Armen and I got into a rain/hail event last year while riding down in Georgia and that rain and hail drove the water right through my "waterproof" rain suit!

When choosing to price a RYCA, it is hard not to consider that there are far more comfortable and practical motorcycles out there for really low dollars.  You can buy really nice Japanese V-Twin cruisers, Sport Bikes, Sport Touring bikes and Dual Sport bikes for $3,000 or less in the area I live in.  I posted a few prime examples below....not all are under $3,000 but you get the idea.

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/d/cincinnati-2013-honda-cbr500-abs/7626203
259.html

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/d/cincinnati-yamaha-vstar-1300-sell-or/762
4823567.html

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/d/cincinnati-kawasaki-mean-streak-1500/762
4366644.html

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/d/newport-shadow-750-aero/7621843521.html

Bring a Trailer is a bit of a novelty place to sell...prices do go pretty high on that site - however they won't accept every bike or car and they need to review what yo have to sell before they accept it.  They write the copy and it isn't always accurate...thankfully you can correct their errors when interested buyers post questions.  BAT would not let me use the term "Original" to describe any part of the bike, as they won't research the authenticity of the part(s).  My MiniTrail was the first year (1968) model and restored with a high degree of authenticity.

I would ask a minimum of $4,000 OBO for the RCYA and see what kind of response you have.  If your market can support a higher price....then try.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 05/31/23 at 13:33:35

Great pics will sell it at a higher price. 4 no more than 6 pics don’t try to oversell it ! Start at $5500. Only offer more pics to interested party. Park or track settings are great places for pics , driveway and front yard not so much. $5500 , Not $5500 best offer , helps convey the message you’re confident the bike will sell at that price , don’t advertise willingness to negotiate , always let buyer initiate negotiations. There is a buyer for your bike. Good luck !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #5 - 06/02/23 at 11:59:26

Hey Yazman, I see you are running a PWK38 on that Ryca.  What can you tell us about your carb?  How do you like it?  Where did you get it?  How difficult was it to tune?  Install?

Got any pics of your installation and air filter setup?

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Yazman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #6 - 06/02/23 at 16:19:55

Hey DBM! I absolutely love the PWK38. It runs 100x better than the stock carb. Cranks over and fires right up every time, no choke needed, 35 or 90 degrees. I bought mine for about $40, from a site I think I got from your experiments (Sudco). The hardest part was shaving down the little barrel end on the cable to for the PWK38. Also, trying to get the cable secure has been a hassle. The top of the cable has a 90 bend, and the seat smushes it down, so I had to raise the seat up with washers. Still, when I turn the handlebar all the way to the left, it yanks on the throttle cable and revs it up. It's hard to explain, but it's like the cable floats and it's hard to secure the outside cable sheath to the carb so that only one inner braided line moves. It works ok though. Definitely a huge increase in power (at least it seemed to me). Tuning was easy, and I bought several jets. I just did about 4 runs to dial it in, based on popping and other cues.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #7 - 06/03/23 at 06:18:57

Hi Yazman.  Not sure if this is helpful since this is on my “stock” setup (not ryca).  But here’s a picture of my cable routing for the PWK “40” I installed. And like you, I prefer this carb over stock Mikuni. Filing and shaving down the barrel on the stock throttle cable did test every ounce of patience and tedious perfection I could muster.

IMG_1955.jpeg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 19:13:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Market value of RYCA cafe racer? One sold for $8k

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.