Schaaf ! (Read 63 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Schaaf !
05/25/23 at 23:40:23

A guy named Schaaf has been on youtube for about 10 years riding around the Swiss/German/Italian/Austrian Alps on a 2000 or so Honda 500 twin. A few years ago he started to film himself on a wider variety of bikes.
Since our S40 has been out of production since 2019, and some of us have been looking for a replacement, here is Schaaf on a RE Meteor 350. Enjoy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ori-fyfkc5c
Cheers!  Cool
ps: on his old cb500 twin,  his riding was totally nuts!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Schaaf !
Reply #1 - 05/26/23 at 06:28:17

hairpin, hairpin, hairpin... whew!

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #2 - 05/26/23 at 23:26:14

Hey ! It's the Alps! Here he is on his old CB500 1997
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpAj-QBvxF4

Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #3 - 05/27/23 at 11:25:47

A perfect example of , it’s more exciting to ride a small bike fast. Every little motion makes a difference in gaining and retaining speed.
However ride like that all the time , sooner or later  !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 05/29/23 at 20:14:11

WoW !  Shocked Shocked Shocked

I've got a RE Meteor , but I never thought of ridding it like this feller in the video !!!

I've been putt-putting around to the point of averaging 80+ mpg.
Its got gearing for about 95 mph
          power for about 85 mph on flat ground
          and a speed limiter set to about 75 mph
          also a RPM Limiter set to 6850. (B&S 72x86mm-two valves).
It's a very likeable bike for my stage in life.   I never thought of it as a  Houlihan bike !
It reminds me a lot of a 160ci Ford Falcon , or maybe an 1980's Chevy S-10 with the four cylinder I used to have them both.   But the RE 350 pulls hills better than the S-10 did !

I have to tell ya'll , " It Feels and Rides like a 2/3 power Savage.  The same sitting position , same turn-in on twisty roads , but with better suspension and a stiffer frame.   None of that Hob-Numbering in the middle of a turn stuff.

I think I need to go back and watch the video again !   Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #5 - 05/30/23 at 00:21:41

I’ll beat the snot out of one just for fun. But speed & rpm limiters got to go.
I heard that one of the 350 models has no limiters , that would be the first one I look at. Might be the 411 Scram , idk ! Honda has a 350 too , probably never see one in CA anyways.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 05/30/23 at 05:44:21

I've read that the "Hunter" version don't have the speed limiter ?  It does have the tubeless tires too.

The RPM limiter set a 6850 is already HIGH for a stroke of 86mm and the two valve head has to be running out of "Breathing Room" at those RPM anyway.

The Hunter version is also the lightest and cheapest version .
Under $5k for a new machine with a 3 year Warrantee is about the best in the industry - IMHO.

I was very easy durning the break-in period , but now at 8000+ miles mine has loosened up and runs a lot stronger than it did early on.   Those rumors about the valve adjustment must be from RE's competitor's - I checked the valves at 600 miles then again at 6000 miles and have reused the same head cover gasket both times (its thick rubber-fitted in a grove).   With only two valves it couldn't be easier , one hour oil change and valve check ! .   At 12,000 miles I'll do it again along with an oil change.    

Hay , if Honda would make us a 500cc single like the 350 they are selling in the Indian market , then I'd grab one of them up in a heart-beat !   Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 07:08:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › Schaaf !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.