Menus motorcycles (Read 181 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Menus motorcycles
Reply #15 - 05/20/23 at 06:10:16

Hay guys , isn't that the same engine that comes on a lot of the China 250 machines ?

I had a "China" 250 (225cc) ATV that had what looked like that same engine.    It had 5 forward gears and a Reverse where 1st gear should have been , it also had a regular pull lever clutch like a motorcycle.   It was mild tuned and had good low-end pull , no valve rattle at 1500rpm .  
It was chain drive with a 420 chain , and that was the down--fall of it.
So
I converted it to a 530 chain and put an automatic tensioner on it , then kept it for 3 or 4 years .   After a while I got to wanting more power so I sold it and got a Honda 350 Rancher.

But

That little 250 motor was a nice little machine , it always started , never leaked or used any oil , and was "Pleasant" to drive !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 05/20/23 at 10:15:20

Mannn, I'd sure be unhappy to discover my almost Nine Thousand Dollar bike had a Chinese motor. If the bolts rust in a couple of years, then you might be onto something, but I'm not ready to believe that yet.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #17 - 05/21/23 at 20:33:28

Hay JOG
I've had some good and bad stuff from China.    I got my son a china 110cc ATV when he was about 6 or 7 years old .  His buddy had a 100cc (Honda 70 clone) at the same time.  They rode them little machines all over our ranch like a couple of little hooligans' every chance they got for 10 or 12 years with-out hardly an oil change.  The little ATV was still running the year my son was 21 years old and his girlfriends little brother needed a ride ( then they took it when they moved away) 6 months latter.   Smiley

I had a China 200 cc street legal dirt bike (Roketa) that thing vibrated so bad it was almost Unbelievable .   A year earlier I had a China 150cc dirt bike that didn't vibrate at all.   Come to find out : they both had the same bore size but different stroke. I figured the China factory just changed the stroke and didn't bother to rebalance the crank shaft ?   Undecided

« Last Edit: 05/22/23 at 20:50:37 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #18 - 05/21/23 at 20:52:24

figured the China factory just changed the stroke and didn't bother to rebalance the crank shaft ?   Undecided

Meh,, why Would ya?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #19 - 05/22/23 at 20:54:30

That's part of the trouble with buying stuff off e-bay or face-book market place !   Ya don't get to test ride it but most of the time it works out just fine ... like the W650 , or the two LS650's  I had for a while .

After thinking about it :  That 200 Roketa was the only bad experience I've had with China bikes .  Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #20 - 05/25/23 at 05:11:46

I have had two recent experiences with Chinese manufactured stuff - both of them with the same result.

I bought a set of running boards for my SUV.  They looked well made and the finish was pretty good, and they fit well.  They attached without drilling any holes, and they had bolts and plates that squeezed onto the body flanges.  When I tightened the bolts on one of the plates I could feel the threads start to "give" and strip at a tightness that was well below what I would have expected.  I stopped trying to tighten those bolts as they were somewhat snug....they are holding adequately.

Yesterday the fellow at the campground we are staying wanted me to look at his new Chinese scooter he bought off eBay.   He has only had it a few days and the fuel gauge on the scooter was still showing full  even though he had been riding it and it a visual look in the tank showed the level of fuel was about half a tank.  We removed the seat with two bolts and there were about 8 bolts that were 8x1.25 with a flanged head holding the plastic bodywork that covered the mechanical bits.  As we removed the 8 bolts we discovered that 2 of them had threads that were somewhat stripped...they did come out but the threads were compromised.  When we got the cover off I unplugged the wiring for the fuel sender in the tank and the gauge dropped - so I knew the gauge worked.  I then reconnected the wiring and using a screwdriver I pushed down on the float in the fuel tank.....the gauge moved and proved the sender was connected and was working - the gauge just isn't very accurate and still shows full with half a tank gone.  When we put it back together I put some anti-sieze on the bolts just to help prevent them from failing.....the two that were partially stripped would not tighten down completely as the threads were "boogered up".

It seems like some of the steel that comes from China is a bit soft for holding threads, and even when the folks at the factory tighten them they can fail.

I still buy some stuff made in China - there are some things that you really don't have much of an option.  I have been wanting to buy a 2,200 to 2,500 watt inverter/generator - and the only real options are the Japanese made Honda or Yamaha at $1,300 to $1,600 - or the Chinese models for $500-$600.  I have been reading a lot of reviews and the Honda is definitely the one to get if you use the generator a lot.....the Chinese copies are fine for those folks who want them for emergency backup or occasional use.  It appears there are only a few makers:  The Harbor Freight Predator, a model that is sold by a lot of different brand names and has a bit different bodywork but visually appears to be the same internally....the Westinghouse and Generac appear to be the same generator. I believe the Westinghouse is the one I am going to get - it has excellent reviews and is priced reasonably...and the customer service is reported to be excellent..  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 05/25/23 at 08:55:16

Local dealership Owner was helping me study a bike. I watched him as he ran a Coupla Tupperware retaining bolts. The dude has No Clue about how to use bolts. He cross threaded and forced them in. Sometimes it's the hardware and sometimes it's the Software.. Coupled with a muscle that knows nothing.
But,as Dave noted, the metal used to make bolts is sometimes really soft,,and anyone not paying attention can quickly strip them out.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #22 - 05/25/23 at 17:09:09

When I had my motocross track I bought three Chi-Honda clone 3" water pumps.   They cost about the same as one Honda pump and I figured I could use Honda parts on them.  I had to replace the recoil assemblies early on when they failed.  Not the end of the world.

But two of the three pumps were dead by the end of the first season and the third didn't make it through the second season.  They all lost compression.  They were junk.  

We were hard on equipment.  Most of these pumps spent their life on the back of water trucks going up and down hills in a dusty environment for hours on end.  But the genuine Honda pumps lasted 3-6 years before they reached the point where it wasn't worth repairing them.  

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #23 - 06/09/23 at 07:05:24

Here is a used one.  Two owners in 2,165 miles....that likely says something about how much they loved the bike.

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/d/loveland-like-new-janus-halcyon-250/7...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #24 - 06/09/23 at 13:47:52

A special bike for Special rider !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 06/11/23 at 09:59:59

Dave wrote on 06/09/23 at 07:05:24:
Here is a used one.  Two owners in 2,165 miles....that likely says something about how much they loved the bike.

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/d/loveland-like-new-janus-halcyon-250/7...

Website shows max speed of 70mph, but I've never run above 40mph.

So,,it won't Go over40?

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #26 - 06/11/23 at 11:29:11

40 mph might be his threshold of FEAR ! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #27 - 06/13/23 at 10:45:33

You spose that is where the speed induced tunnel vision kicks in?  Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 02:18:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › Menus motorcycles

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.