The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Re: Joys of growing old !
Reply #31 - 05/24/23 at 09:08:23

Such a giver, Rutt...   Grin

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #32 - 05/25/23 at 04:46:17

There is a group of senior fellows that meet for lunch on Fridays - they all ride motorcycles and at 67 I am in the youngest one in the group.  Several of the riders are in their 80's......unfortunately the two fastest riders are showing their age and given up riding this year.

Some of them have several bikes in their garages, and at one meal they started talking about how they don't ride them enough and they worry about the batteries and freshness of the fuel.....the bikes need to be ridden more.

I offered a service to them - I could come over frequently and ride their bikes for them at no charge.  The bikes would get "exercised" and kept it top form!

One of the orneriest fellows asked if I could do the same thing for their wives!  I told him that riding motorcycles is risky - but that kind of activity is far too dangerous! Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #33 - 05/25/23 at 04:47:42

This forum is just Full of the most altruistic people. Thinking only of others, it's just touching to see,innit?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #34 - 05/25/23 at 05:09:59

“It certainly is Ollie !”  ☺️

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #35 - 05/25/23 at 09:04:16

Did you happen to see the Laurel and Hardy story that has been streaming on FreeVee?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #36 - 05/30/23 at 06:15:52

Did you happen to see the Laurel and Hardy story that has been streaming on FreeVee?

Post a link  ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #37 - 05/30/23 at 09:02:42

You are asking The least techy guy here for something I honestly had no idea was even possible. I'm still not sure it is.
IDK how to help you..

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #38 - 05/30/23 at 19:32:59

Dang JOG , I thought I was the least techy guy anywhere ?   So, you think I've met my match ?  
 Undecided

I'll have to confess that one time I did hook my Guzzi up to my computer and reset the error code.  But there was a lot of guessing going on at the time.    Embarrassed

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #39 - 05/31/23 at 10:38:00

I Used to be able to build a tower and install an operating system. But I never learned to operate a cell phone. I can Slowly reply to a text. Don't know how to initiate one. I just don't Wanna leash. When I'm on the road, far from home, I stop and ask someone if I can call home, let them know I'm still alive. I miss pay phones. I had no idea there is a way to link to a streaming TV show. The possibilities that modern technology offer are really fascinating. I'm sorry I don't know how to make finding that movie easy. It was interesting for us,because we're old enough to have enjoyed watching them. We didn't know what ever became of them, they just slowly stopped being around.
How they found actors who so closely resembled the originals I just dunno.

If you have the FreeVee app, which I Say with exactly No Understanding, hit the Search button . I figure anyone over sixty otta enjoy it.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #40 - 05/31/23 at 21:22:00

I found some on utube , not sure if this is new ... but its in color !   Smiley Smiley

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrEufsYHHhkb0kCCHFXNyoA;_yl...

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 08:36:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › Joys of growing old !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.