Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jetting for a 694cc Dr650 cam (Read 29 times)
Moarpower

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Jetting for a 694cc Dr650 cam
05/05/23 at 04:49:53

Hey guys.
So the87 is going pretty good with the dr650 and wossner piston.
Much quicker than the original experience.

Besides those mods, it has had the exhaust port opened up and the exhaust is a straight pipe with a very minimal baffle. It also has a pod filter which is just a cheap one. I need a better one. I bought a slight better one that was quite a lot smaller  but the bike would just bog down.

I am wondering what would be the best jetting and potential washer setup to use with this bike. Stock carb but it has 155 / 50 jets at the moment. It sometimes when stopping, not always but occasionally. And gives a little stutter once.in a while at the higher rev range but this is only rare.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Jetting for a 694cc Dr650 cam
Reply #1 - 05/05/23 at 09:48:45

The jetting that has worked best for me......is a #150 main and #50 or #52.5 pilot jet....and 3 washers on the slide needle.  (My personal bike wanted just 2 washers on the needle.....with 3 it had a lean surge at low throttle settings).  I was using the stock air cleaner.....maybe you need bigger jets with other filters (not sure).

This jetting worked well for me with both the stock piston/cylinder/cam, and also when I went to the 95mm Wiseco and a performance cam.

A #155 main seems a bit big to me.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Moarpower

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/05/23 at 14:57:01

Thanks Dave. I think you may be right with the 155 being too big. This would maybe explain why it was bogging down with the smaller filter.

Did you buy a specific kit ? I'm having a bit of trouble identifying the correct parts.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 05/06/23 at 03:24:58

You can buy the proper jets from Lancer on this site.

Or you can go to JetsRUs if you know what to buy.  (You can compare shape/size to what you currently have).

IP Logged
Moarpower

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 05/09/23 at 19:50:36

Hi guys.
Sorry for the incorrect information.
I am actually using 155 and 47.5 and no washer on the needle.
I'm thinking I need to go up in size with that 47.5?
Again, straight exhaust with very minor baffle and pod filter, 96.55 mm piston and dr650 cam.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 05/10/23 at 03:23:55

Moarpower wrote on 05/09/23 at 19:50:36:
Hi guys.

I am actually using 155 and 47.5 and no washer on the needle.
I'm thinking I need to go up in size with that 47.5?

No washer on the needle?  Are you still using the stock white spacer?  The needle jet circuit is too lean with the stock sized white spacer.....cutting it down or using 3 washers gets the mid range mixture to be richer.

The pilot jet is easy to size correctly.  Warm the bike up completely, drop the idle down to around 800rpm while holding the bike vertical (so the exhaust cam lobe still gets oil).  Then adjust the idle fuel mixture screw for the smoothest idle.  If you can turn the screw out more than 3 turns and the engine won't get rich...the jet is too small.  If you can turn the screw all the way in and the engine doesn't die....the jet is too big.  You want a jet size that allows the screw to be 1.5 - 2.5 turns out from being lightly seated.

NOTE:  You need to drop the idle rpm down to adjust the fuel mixture screw so that only the idle circuit is providing the fuel.  With the engine up at the normal idle of 1,100 rpm the slide is beginning to lift and some fuel is flowing out the jet needle.  Dropping the idle speed and adjusting the needle should take less than a minute once you get used to doing it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/16/24 at 15:28:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jetting for a 694cc Dr650 cam

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.