MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Stable mate
Reply #15 - 05/02/23 at 17:40:39

Thanks for the feedback guys

Depends on how ya drive/ride :  https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/royal_enfield/interceptor/2019/mwmosser/962663
This person gets 65-70 mpg regularly.  Also looks like they messed-up on the data entry a time or too ?    
Putt-putting around on the Meteor I get up to 85+mpg  ,  running around like the Hooligans I only get 70+ .

To get 53 mpg from the Guzzi it takes a lot of "Easy take-offs" and "holding it down to 55-60mph".   Ridding like the rest of the morning commuters  it only does 45-48mpg.

The Guzzi also is coming up on 30k-miles now , six year old and showing its age a little , so I'm "OK" with moving to a newer model , but for sure I'm not going backward on the fuel millage thing.  
I like the looks of the Super Meteor 650 top trim blue/white , but its up above 550#'s and I'm not getting stronger as the Chrome-Hair accumulates    Roll Eyes .

I'm scheduled to go test ride a Interceptor Thursday.   Decatur Al dealer has a left-over 2022 in Red they want to get rid of enough to mark it down a little.  But its got black fenders ... but ... I understand Stainless-is-available  !   Wink

If I don't get the Red one , then I'll order the Orange-Crush Interceptor ... it comes with the Silver F-fender.   Smiley

Heck , If the Interceptor don't handle very easily I'll wait on the Super Meteor to get to the USA latter this year .  

In the Air cooled / round headlight market ... the selection is slim !
Without getting back into the 40's mpg stuff.

« Last Edit: 05/02/23 at 18:46:07 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #16 - 05/03/23 at 11:20:53

MM has spoken !
RE 650 this years choice

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 05/03/23 at 12:20:37

Ruttly wrote on 05/03/23 at 11:20:53:
MM has spoken !
RE 650 this years choice

If the Guzzi goes and is replaced with an Intercepter to keep his Meteor company.........MM will become "Royalty"!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #18 - 05/03/23 at 19:38:59

"Royalty"  

Looks like I'm not going to "Royalty" yet .

I went and test rode an Interceptor today.

The power and gearing was as good as the Guzzi ,

But

I tried sitting on the rear seat , and it was a deal killer !
So
The mufflers are up-swept so much that the rear foot pegs have to be "UP" even more .
The passenger has to sit like a tall jockey on a short horse.  Marcia would scalp me in my sleep if I brought an Interceptor home.

There are rumors' that the "Super Meteor" will get to the USA this summer

I did some putt putting around the parking lot on the Interceptor and can report that it has some really nice manors at idle speed in 1st gear .   It can do small circles turned all the way to either lock without playing the clutch.   Smooth as a thick silk shirt over a cotton undershirt !
Short front end rake angle.  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 05/04/23 at 04:09:46

MMRanch wrote on 05/03/23 at 19:38:59:
"Royalty"  

Looks like I'm not going to "Royalty" yet .

I went and test rode an Interceptor today.

I tried sitting on the rear seat , and it was a deal killer !
So
The mufflers are up-swept so much that the rear foot pegs have to be "UP" even more .
The passenger has to sit like a tall jockey on a short horse.  Marcia would scalp me in my sleep if I brought an Interceptor home.

Although not as obscure as a Guzzi or Enfield....maybe you should go look at a Triumph twin or the Kawaskai W800.

My friend has a Triumph Bonneville and he and his wife have ridden it for thousands of miles....and she loves it.  They took it to Europe and rode for 6 weeks touring on it everyday.  He has several motorcycles and it is her favorite one to sit behind him on...the seat and pegs are comfortable for her....and they make Hepco and Becker bag mounts for it I believe.

The Kawaski W800 is also a great looking "Retro" bike that has a good passenger seat.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 05/04/23 at 07:44:01

Triumph twin or the Kawaskai W800.  

I looked at them Dave

The W800 is stuck with tube wheels forever , there are aftermarket tubeless for the Interceptor , that was/is the good thing about the RE.
Triumph is liquid cooled on all there machines.
Thanks for the suggestions !  Smiley

so
I'm just keeping the Guzzi and when the Super Meteor gets to the USA I'll see about getting a test ride .   I like the looks of the Blue Super Meteor with the touring seat and windshield.    

Its the right time of year to sell the Guzzi now .  How  did that "Bring a trailer" thing work out for ya ?    Huh

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #21 - 05/04/23 at 09:48:45

MMRanch wrote on 05/04/23 at 07:44:01:
  Triumph twin or the Kawaskai W800.  

The W800 is stuck with tube wheels forever , there are aftermarket tubeless for the Interceptor , that was/is the good thing about the RE.
Triumph is liquid cooled on all there machines.
Thanks for the suggestions !  Smiley

Its the right time of year to sell the Guzzi now .  How  did that "Bring a trailer" thing work out for ya ?    Huh

The "Bring a Trailer" worked out great - but it is not a place to sell a normal motorcycle and they likely would not accept your request. It also took several months to get through the review process, writing of the text, and listing of the bike (they write all the text and are not great at accuracy in some areas.....thankfully I could correct the errors when I responded to buyers questions). They review your vehicle and only take things they believe are worthy of their site.  The little 1968 Honda Minitrail I sold was the first year, it was restored impeccably with all the rare parts that were unique to that year, and it is a bike that is sought out by collectors.

Water cooling on a motorcycle does not scare me a bit - I have owned several bikes with it, and none have ever given me any problems.  I would not avoid buying any motorcycle or car with a radiator........it is likely to last longer and get better mpg than an air cooled bike.

I agree that tubeless is beneficial - you have options to make your rims work without tubes.  My friend converted his Triumph to tubeless - there are little stickers that go over the spoke nipples and the center of the rim gets taped......and you install a valve stem in the rim.  I looked at the W800 rims on eBay, and it appears they have the required safety bead in the rim.
https://woodyswheelworks.com/products/outex-tubeless-kit

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #22 - 05/04/23 at 18:58:33

Those CHROME stable mates sure looked good sitting there together !  Smiley

The Chrome one cost an extra $500.00 , then those after market fender really set it off !!  Smiley Smiley

With all the ugly bikes we have on the market now its nice to see some shinny to them.

I think the W800 is a nice looking machine.  
The W650 I had was a mixed good and bad bag.  Its rear fender was vibrating in two , but it was easy on fuel .   Tube tires and carbs didn't make me want to keep it but I enjoyed it while I had it.   It was powered about like the Suzuki Ls-650 but had a higher HP rating of 48.

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 12:39:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › Stable mate

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.