Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Explosion
04/21/23 at 13:57:08

“rapid unscheduled disassembly”

So was the new definition of 'Explosion', a result of;
A Fairy Dust Sprinkler ?
A 'woke' person that insists on using pronouns ?
A 'no child left behind' person who does not understand explosion would be the proper word to describe what happened ?
A person that thinks that the word crafting is, 'cleaver' ?
A person who was TOLD to make it sound like no big deal ?
A person who get's paid by the words used in a statement.

"...Rob Nixon said particles fell from the sky on Thursday.
He was about six miles from the SpaceX launch facility ..."

Golly Gee Wally,
Sounds like something blue-up.
Rather than a bunch of people, with wrenches taking it apart very fast, which was not scheduled to happen.

But then, when a watcher says:
"... That's when I realized how alive this machine is ..."

It is, 'PROOF', the DFI, FDS, are among us.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
   LLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re:  Explosion
Reply #1 - 04/21/23 at 15:03:49

It was a test to see how fast it could be taken apart.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 04/21/23 at 15:04:34

Dimensional instability beyond design parameters .. Always ends badly.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/21/23 at 19:56:58

Just because you haven't heard it before doesn't mean it wasn't used.  Musk admittedly overuses the term.  Archives show it has been on acronym finder for 27 years 4 months:

https://www.acronymfinder.com/RUD.html

The term "RUD" has been used for decades.  The belief is it first gained more widespread use after the Saturn 503 S-IVB explosion at the Douglas Sacramento, Calif., Test Facility.  This term was attributed to the subsequent MSFC-appointed investigating board's Disassembly Activities (chaired by Kurt Debus, KSC) in 1967.

Also a similar term exists in a 1972 British text:

http://library.sciencemadness.org/library/books/ignition.pdf

when you have a turbine spinning at some 4000 rpm, and the clearance between the blades is a few thousandths of an inch, and this sticky, viscous liquid deposits on the blades, the engine is likely to undergo what the British, with precision, call 'catastrophic self-disassembly.'

Multiple versions of RUD are used by NASA:

https://history.nasa.gov/monograph45.pdf

I heard of the term being used when the Challenger exploded in 1986, but can not find reference of it being used at that time, the earliest reference of RUD for the Challenger event is 1994.

Another more common term is "'spontaneous rapid disassembly event", used in many analysis of spacecraft engineering and Explosive Ordnance Disposal manuals, training and applied usage.  One of the training exercises we worked in the guys said "Sir-dee" multiple times, referring to SRDE.

It was also a common term for F-14 squadrons in the 1970's.  RUD was in the manual describing the Pratt & Whitney TF30-P-414A engine shedding.  

My neighbor worked for McDonnell Douglas in the 70's and consults for Atlas Pacific now.  He stated the term was RUDE: Rapid, Unplanned Disassembly Event and it has been in the acronym manual at both employers.  He literally said to me when Space-X was testing the self-landers, that there are more "Rude-Rockets" in a year now than in a decade when he started as an engineer.

RUD is listed in the 4,339 acronyms and abbreviations related to the Engineering terminology under Academics and Sciences acronym finder.

I'm sure all of them are wrong though, us internet jockeys always know more than the people who actually do the job.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 04/21/23 at 20:03:43

Who are you scolding?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/21/23 at 20:14:46

Who are you scolding?

Nobody.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 04/22/23 at 08:17:34

Eegore wrote on 04/21/23 at 19:56:58:
 Just because you haven't heard it before ..."  

Thanks for the explanation.

1st, Never said I have not heard it before. It was just in the news so it is fresh in peoples minds.
2nd, 27 years, is recent.
(In relationship to only language, and only exclusive to language, in this Particular description, about this Particular subject, at this Particular time)

Who is constantly complaining about someone putting words, in someone else's mouth ?

"... us internet jockeys always know more than the people who actually do ..."

Really ?
  Cool
OK, Got it !!!

Lololololololololololololololololololollol

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/22/23 at 08:41:09

"1st, Never said I have not heard it before. It was just in the news so it is fresh in peoples minds."

I agree. Musk overuses the term, it's heard much more mainstream these days.   I could have said "We" or "Some Humans".

Just because some humans haven't heard it before.

"2nd, 27 years, is recent.
(In relationship to only language, and only exclusive to language, in this Particular description, about this Particular subject, at this Particular time)"

Agreed.  Recent is relative and also not used as a term to describe RUD here.

For that matter "New" is also relative.  When you stated "new" perhaps you meant in the past 100 years, there's no way for us to know unless you volunteer that information.  So until then "new" will be up to the person reading.  

So was the new definition of 'Explosion', a result of;

"Who is constantly complaining about someone putting words, in someone else's mouth ?"

I am.  Also I did not claim anyone here "SAID" that.   Unlike the scenarios where You state, using the word "Said" to indicate I "said" something that I did not say.  I never "said" I teach people how to shoot guns for instance.  You claim I did say that.

I am not claiming you "said" you are an internet jokey that knows more than people that do the job, I am the one that "said" that.  I said that.

See the difference?  I am not claiming You "said" that.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 04/23/23 at 14:24:12

So you did not say:

Who did ?

I know, must have been tt

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 04/23/23 at 15:17:52

So you did not say:

Who did ?

I know, must have been tt

I said that.  I already agreed, twice, that I said those words.  I stated twice that I said those words.

I never claimed YOU said that.

Obviously you do not know the difference between me saying something and me falsely claiming YOU said something.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 04/23/23 at 18:49:00

Daayumm,, that is Pretty Subtle when people can't tell when you're agreeing with them.
I feel better knowing I'm not the only one.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 04/24/23 at 10:24:15

I agree.

Personally I don't see how this sentence could be interpreted any other way than me agreeing:

I agree. Musk overuses the term, it's heard much more mainstream these days.   I could have said "We" or "Some Humans".

Or here, I literally say I said something, twice:

I am not claiming you "said" you are an internet jokey that knows more than people that do the job, I am the one that "said" that.  I said that.

However this doesn't come across as me indicating I agree, or that I said something, to which I have to accept 50% responsibility for.   So I will have the past 2 years of my postings reviewed and have recommendations for restructuring my phrasing on this forum created.  It is unique to this forum so that will make things easier.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 08:19:04

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Explosion

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.