YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Fox settles
04/18/23 at 14:42:06

They lied to you.  $787M settlement.
Dominion machines changing votes was a lie.  The election fraud was a lie.
Fox ain't gonna' tell you much,... but they all knew the truth, and they told you lies.

Dominion, Fox News settle defamation suit for stunning $787M, averting trial
https://www.yahoo.com/news/dominion-fox-news-settle-defamation-suit-for-stunn...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Fox settles
Reply #1 - 04/18/23 at 18:56:25

I'm pretty sure this will be a "But Billy broke two windows" defense where people will point out all the times other News" sources lied instead of acknowledging this one.  Also I'm sure this can be turned into a gun rights argument somehow.

I for one am not surprised after the emails and texts came out and the judge instructed that the jury would only have to decide on the intent, not the accuracy of each individual claim.  FOX waited, smartly, until the jury selection was over, essentially until the last minute, to pay up half.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #2 - 04/19/23 at 01:57:25

I'll live long enough to know that having your right and getting your right in court are two very different things. For me it is not certain that the voting machines are safe.
What is certain for me is that no matter which side you are dealing with, they always try to make you think in a certain way.

There is just a large group of people who hate Trump and they will do anything to ensure that he does not become a predent anymore. I'm not sure if that's wise or not.
But the way it is done is not democratic nor elegant.

How it will turn out in the end remains to be seen.

Meanwhile, journalists and politicians in Europe are threatened by the Chinese secret service if they express realistic criticism of China's expansionist drive. And in recent months those threats and manipulations have been made openly by chinese officials.

The current US president and his family have financial ties to China. And in such a way that you could say that they are in a blackmail grip of the Chinese Communist Party.

Anyway, let's not talk about the elephant in the room here. You are flashing your victory. Congratulations

I al most forgot:
Count your blessings...

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/19/23 at 04:01:24

The current US President aka The Big Guy is part of a massive crime family as detailed on his drug addicted son’s laptop but news organizations lied to us and told us it was Russian disinformation and suppressed news stories about it. But they won’t get sued and they won’t have to pay.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/19/23 at 06:39:58

Another way to look at this is a means to quiet (punish) news organizations from not following the approved news.

I’ve seen clips of Hilary and other Democrats on news shows suggesting voting machines were rigged when Trump won. Why no lawsuit then?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/19/23 at 06:55:41

Another way to look at this is a means to quiet (punish) news organizations from not following the approved news.

I don't think so in this case.  FOX management knew they were instructing their staff to push false information for profit.  If they didn't know it would be different.

"I’ve seen clips of Hilary and other Democrats on news shows suggesting voting machines were rigged when Trump won. Why no lawsuit then?"

Because they didn't sue.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 04/19/23 at 08:21:52

Did CNN and MSNBC management know the Russian gate stories were false? Absolutely. Did they keep pushing it? Absolutely did they know the Hunter Biden laptop was legit? Absolutely. Did they silence that news? Absolutely.

Pretty fine line we’re drawing.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/19/23 at 09:58:41

Did CNN and MSNBC management know the Russian gate stories were false? Absolutely. Did they keep pushing it? Absolutely did they know the Hunter Biden laptop was legit? Absolutely. Did they silence that news? Absolutely.

Pretty fine line we’re drawing.

Yeah like I said before, lets not acknowledge that FOX was wrong and instead point fingers everywhere else.  But Billy broke a window too!  Sorry but Bobby ended up in court.

We aren't drawing a line.  The answer is the same every time you ask, some "News" companies aren't being held liable in court because nobody has pressed a lawsuit against them.

Dominion sued, that's why there was a lawsuit and settlement.  FOX was wrong, they settled in court when they were sued by a private party.  When CNN gets sued by a private party and offers the same quality of evidence Dominion did against FOX I would expect a similar outcome.

In this case, a private party has to sue for this to be a comparable event.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 04/19/23 at 10:17:40

I’m not saying they weren’t wrong. I don’t know the details of the case.
I’m just saying Yes, it matters when one organization is singled out strictly for political purposes.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 04/19/23 at 11:33:38

It's been a long time since this happened but Fox fired two reporters because they didn't want to report the opposite of what their investigation showed.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 04/19/23 at 14:05:42

Next up... Smartmatic, suing Fox for more than $2 Billion... and they now have Dominion as a precedent.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 04/19/23 at 14:19:41

I’m not saying they weren’t wrong. I don’t know the details of the case.
I’m just saying Yes, it matters when one organization is singled out strictly for political purposes.

This is a civil case, not a judicial case pressed by the State, why would Dominion sue anyone other than FOX when they have evidence against FOX?  Why would they "single out" anyone else?  If my neighbor hits my car then drives away, and I have evidence of that, I sue him, not everyone else that hit cars that day.  His friends pointing out all other car accidents and telling me I am "singling him out" means nothing in regard to my lawsuit.

The other "News" channels aren't paying out because nobody sued them.  How much more fair can that possibly be?

IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Reply #12 - 04/19/23 at 18:39:59

Eegore wrote on 04/19/23 at 14:19:41:
 The other "News" channels aren't paying out because nobody sued them.  How much more fair can that possibly be?

---

The other news channels wouldn't dare voice an opinion (or let a guest do so) that the Democrats cheated in any way, therefore they wouldn't be in a position to get sued.  I don't follow Fox much anymore, but I remember they were VERY quick to call the election for Biden.  Fox News is opportunistic, not partisan or conservative.  They have a few hard-hitting conservative hosts, but they mostly fall into the opinion bucket, not reporting.  It seems a bit ridiculous to me that you can get sued over what guests on your show say.  If anybody on Fox News lied intentionally, it's wrong.  Lying is wrong no matter who does it, and why does it seem leftists are granted the privilege to lie with impunity?  All that being said, I don't trust voting machines run by non-US companies that have LAN cards in them allowing full time connection to the Internet.  Leftists can gleefully rejoice and say this suit proves there was no election fraud, but let's not discount the immense paper ballot irregularities documented by Dinesh D'Souza in his documentary.

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Reply #13 - 04/19/23 at 18:43:51

You are a very wise man and make some excellent points.  China seems to be a huge threat, and I've heard reports of much Chinese illegal migration within Europe and the USA.  What are they getting ready for?

zevenenergie wrote on 04/19/23 at 01:57:25:
I'll live long enough to know that having your right and getting your right in court are two very different things. For me it is not certain that the voting machines are safe.
What is certain for me is that no matter which side you are dealing with, they always try to make you think in a certain way.

There is just a large group of people who hate Trump and they will do anything to ensure that he does not become a predent anymore. I'm not sure if that's wise or not.
But the way it is done is not democratic nor elegant.

How it will turn out in the end remains to be seen.

Meanwhile, journalists and politicians in Europe are threatened by the Chinese secret service if they express realistic criticism of China's expansionist drive. And in recent months those threats and manipulations have been made openly by chinese officials.

The current US president and his family have financial ties to China. And in such a way that you could say that they are in a blackmail grip of the Chinese Communist Party.

Anyway, let's not talk about the elephant in the room here. You are flashing your victory. Congratulations

I al most forgot:
Count your blessings...

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 04/19/23 at 18:56:08

"The other news channels wouldn't dare voice an opinion (or let a guest do so) that the Democrats cheated in any way, therefore they wouldn't be in a position to get sued."

Ok so they stay out of defamation cases from private parties.  The thing is people are freely mixing judicial prosecution from the State with Civil litigation from private parties.  Those aren't the same thing, mixing them  to make it seem like FOX is being singled out for prosecution is fundamentally incorrect and a blatant disregard for how the US Court system works.  

The only reason FOX was sued for this reason and not somebody else was because a private party sued FOX.  Pointing fingers at every other bad news source won't change that.  Billy breaking windows won't stop Bobby from getting into trouble for doing it too.

Make the comparison realistic and say People need to ask Dominion why they didn't sue CNN about RussiaGate.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 08:17:33

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Fox settles

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.