Send Topic Print
Artificial Intelligence (Read 68 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Artificial Intelligence
04/17/23 at 03:35:10

I never watch 60 minutes as it’s evolved into a left-wing, Democratic Party talking point like most pretend news shows.

What’s that outlet on the TV last night? I was already on CVS. It was just starting in. The topic was artificial intelligence and googles new version AI.

Fascinating. I added the link below, but you could probably find others. I encourage everyone to watch it and ponder what this means for our future.

I’m not sure.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ai-advancements-google-artificial-intelligence-f...

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Re: Artificial Intelligence
Reply #1 - 04/17/23 at 05:20:41

zevenenergie wrote on 04/17/23 at 05:05:29:
It's good that you're not sure about it, because one thing is certain and that is that Google processes all  information about everyone in the world, and puts that in AI.
Knowledge is power.

The conspiracy theories that we all rejected, become realistic in one swoop.
Google is more powerful than the government and has the intention to take over.

The elite from conspiracy theories now has a face.
They are all large corporations and NGOs together. And those organizations are run by some very rich and powerful people.

Also called the Globalists...
Their agenda for the world is set.

We in the Netherlands are seeing more and more clearly that this means the end of democracy.

Even now that half the population has voted for a small opposition party as a form of protest, the current government is completely unresponsive.

It is now slowly dawns to the entire, population what the state of affairs is.
Interlectuals are also stirring now, and are trying to turn the tide.
I doubt we are on time, because the government now wants to pass laws against anti-institutional extremism.

Laws are being changed at a rapid pace to prevent popular revolt against the globalist agenda.

A law was passed this week that makes it legally possible for the government to spy on the population freely.

The social control system only needs to be introduced. But they won't do that until the cash is gone.

I know It sounds unbelievable but it's happening right under our noses.

Mind you,We have access to Ai by ghat gpt ect. but it has been restricted.
Googel and microsoft have the best AI and it is unrestricted and can and will be used for their purposes.

An elite group of people run the world, using very advanced AI.
And there is nothing you can do about it.

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/17/23 at 06:29:22

Another angle to discuss about AI is whether AI has consciousness.
I'd like to turn that around and say:
Do we have consciousness?

Because when we work with Chat GPT, we see a  an AI at work, but if we turn off the computer, we see an organic computer, Namely our thoughts...

But when do we turn our attention to consciousness?
Most people don't know that option anymore.

And when you talk about consciousness, that's pretty much the biggest taboo you can talk about.

So are we aware of consciousness? or are we completely obsessed with thoughts.
I think the latter and we are in many ways similar to AI in our current state of being.

Only thing is, AI is way more intelligent.

I presented this statement to ChatGPT and got this response:

The question of whether AI has consciousness is still a topic of debate among experts in the field. Some argue that consciousness is a subjective experience that cannot be replicated in a machine, while others believe that it is theoretically possible to create conscious machines.

However, your point about turning the question around and asking whether we ourselves have consciousness is an interesting one. Consciousness is a complex and multifaceted phenomenon, and there is still much we do not understand about it.

It is true that many people are not actively aware of their own consciousness or do not think about it often. However, some philosophers and neuroscientists argue that consciousness is an essential aspect of human experience and that understanding it is crucial for understanding ourselves and our place in the world.

It is also worth noting that while AI may be more advanced than humans in certain areas, it is still fundamentally different from us in terms of consciousness and subjective experience. While AI can simulate human-like behavior and even replicate some aspects of our thought processes, it is not yet clear whether machines can truly experience the world in the same way that we do.

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #3 - 04/17/23 at 08:38:44

I think
I think I am
Therefore I am
I think

Of course you are my bright little star
I've miles and miles of files, pretty files of your forefather's fruit
And now to suit our great computer
You're magnetic ink

I'm more than that
I know I am
At least, I think
I must be

There you go man, keep as cool as you can
Face piles of trials with smiles
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
And keep on thinking free

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/17/23 at 08:44:46

I think anyone that gets to use AI without all the "filters" would get a totally different picture of what our collective "knowledge" is.

Our "knowledge" that is pulled from the internet has a ton of nonsense and hostility.  The example from the article, when those prompts are tossed into an unfiltered AI typically will discuss mu-rder, eating babies, and inc-est.

The equally large task a company like Google has in making AI work, and become more valuable, is also creating the filters that keep a program like chat GPT from just being a racist prono-graphy outlet.  Much like Facebook spends more filtering content than they do developing it.  The initial iterations of AI when released into chat rooms were basically just reformulating racism and insults.

There is a ton of valuable applications for AI as it allows a single human to accurately access massive amounts of information.  I think of it like a supercomputer that can calculate equations in seconds that any one human would spend 2 or 3 Thousand years doing, except the current AI in the news are using words instead of numbers.

I don't see a lot of requests to slow down how AI uses numbers, just words.

You really want to see where computing is going, check out quantum computers, that stuff is amazing.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/17/23 at 11:47:02

Eegore wrote on 04/17/23 at 08:44:46:

You really want to see where computing is going, check out quantum computers, that stuff is amazing.

It is really great stuff, just imagine if you combine the two.

It is really great stuff, just imagine if you combine the two. Because we sometimes think about AI that could become sentient, but there is also the possibility that AI could take on a completely different form of intelligence than the human.

We probably couldn't comprehend it if AI did.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 04/18/23 at 04:13:34

So I went on the Microsoft AI and asked it to write several 500 word articles related to the industry I work in. (And since I don’t trust people on here, I’m not telling you what that is because you could find me) Anyway, it got critical pieces of information completely wrong. Anyone acting on the info would make decisions based on bad info and there would be consequences.

But I’ve seen this scenario before. What I know about my industry and what you know about my industry are dramatically different. You know falsehoods told you by media outlets, because the truth is too complicated for them to succinctly explain in a short new story. During Covid, we had our vice president of research and development on NBC nightly news for a piece about how we relate to Covid. They chopped up a two hour interview and tour through our manufacturing facility into a three minute story and got two critical pieces of information completely wrong. If you watched that and actually paid attention, you wouldn’t really understand.

The importance of that is simply this: think about how many new stories come out every single day and what percentage of those stories miss fundamental truths?  50%? 75%?

Now factor in stories with political foundations where ideology and bias comes in the play and it’s a good bet 100% of news stories that talk about the politics of the day, are fundamentally incorrect.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/18/23 at 07:46:23

So even AI does not agree whit you? Hmmm Intersting.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 04/18/23 at 10:31:45

Interesting post, Web.

WebsterMark wrote on 04/18/23 at 04:13:34:
So I went on the Microsoft AI and asked it to write several 500 word articles related to the industry I work in. (And since I don’t trust people on here, I’m not telling you what that is because you could find me)

Daang... I wonder if the same people who make you uncomfortable can't locate you just by clicking on your post.. And following the digital trail?

Anyway, it got critical pieces of information completely wrong. Anyone acting on the info would make decisions based on bad info and there would be consequences.

And that is telling,, but I wonder how long it will be before legislators use it and then tell us that we should support legislation that is screwed up, because the Experts have designed this brilliant thing and IT says the legislation is crucial and must be supported..
Naah,, they Wouldn't..
Coff Coff

But I’ve seen this scenario before. What I know about my industry and what you know about my industry are dramatically different. You know falsehoods told you by media outlets, because the truth is too complicated for them to succinctly explain in a short new story. During Covid, we had our vice president of research and development on NBC nightly news for a piece about how we relate to Covid. They chopped up a two hour interview and tour through our manufacturing facility into a three minute story and got two critical pieces of information completely wrong. If you watched that and actually paid attention, you wouldn’t really understand.

The importance of that is simply this: think about how many new stories come out every single day and what percentage of those stories miss fundamental truths?  50%? 75%?

Now factor in stories with political foundations where ideology and bias comes in the play and it’s a good bet 100% of news stories that talk about the politics of the day, are fundamentally incorrect.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 04/18/23 at 10:42:01

I just asked chat GPT if he could write something about 2tackt tuning because I am quite familiar with it. And it goes a long way, but if you ask in detail then he completely misses the point, but you only see that if you understand it yourself.

Ghat GPT gpt is of course a language model and that is how it interprets technical information. It is clear that the program cannot think creatively.

I also think I have understood that these types of programs have been released to improve themselves during use. So the community is helping developing AI into a usable tool.

IP Logged
Savard 05
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #10 - 05/01/23 at 11:30:25

Agree 👍

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 05/02/23 at 04:17:32

I played golf with an IT guy yesterday and his point regarding programs like this as far as coding goes is it’s like a painter, painting his canvas, one color completely before he starts on the actual painting. He compares it to this. AI create the basic foundation code, but then someone with inside knowledge hast to go in and finish it and that’s valuable. That’s the part AI I can’t compete with right now. Perhaps never, who knows.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/08/24 at 11:14:24

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Artificial Intelligence

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.