Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Turn signal trouble after washung (Read 33 times)
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Turn signal trouble after washung
04/10/23 at 18:42:58

I hardly ever wash my bike with soapy water and a hose but it was in bad shape  I kept the hose on a low flow, flat spray pattern and used water with a bit of Dawn. Took it for a ride after to dry out the books and crannies and the flasher relay seems to have suffered. The turn light bulbs illuminate but they don't flash. Hoping something dries out by morning cuz the weather just got amazing and and I have a washer to fix so I can't spend time on the bike 😡.
Any advice?

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Turn signal trouble after washung
Reply #1 - 04/10/23 at 19:37:36

I’d let it dry out a few days before trying to fix it.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Re: Turn signal trouble after washung
Reply #2 - 04/10/23 at 19:39:13

Time for a close look at all your wiring, if it messes up when you wash it what will happen next time you ride in the rain?

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Re: Turn signal trouble after washing
Reply #3 - 04/11/23 at 07:50:43

Blinkers started blinking again last night around 10; about 3 hours after the wash. I'll need to do some investigation but got to ride today! And maybe go to Bike Night at the local Cycle Gear/RevZilla shop.

I have the stock flasher relay. Can they age and crack and maybe let water in? It's close to the head so maybe gets hot. I'll check inside the switch housing on the handlebar, too. Maybe add a little dielectric grease to anything obvious. Maybe pull apart the headlight and look in there, too. I have a 7" British headlight housing and the signal wires route through there. After that, I guess it's pull the seat and tank and explore for cracks in wire sheathing, connectors etc.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 23:31:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Turn signal trouble after washung

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.