Send Topic Print
Won't start. (Read 138 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Won't start.
Reply #15 - 04/21/23 at 15:45:34

Was solenoid engages it goes through the cycle one time and then it gets stuck because the decompression cycle stops.

Everyone else has the same setup. Some people completely Decomp Delete. I'd pull the plug, put it in gear and see how hard it is to push in gear..

No, scratch that,,
How about pulling the left side plug in the engine cover, spark plug out, in neutral, and see what it takes to spin the engine over.

Everything you've done says it OTtsta be turning over just fine.

If you do that, turning the engine backwards is tempting.
I wouldn't.
The crank spins like the wheels, top goes forward.  
A normal, healthy engine can be rotated easily, the bolt doesn't back out, for sure.
I've never put a torque wrench on it, but if you have a light beam style you could measure it if it seems extreme.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #16 - 04/23/23 at 08:58:28

I'd check the decomp solenoid.  Link to some good pictures and descriptions of being out of adjustment.  http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1169356966

Mine didn't die while riding, but it sure made some awful noises before I adjusted mine to 4mm.  Starts like a dream now and no more awful valve noises.

IP Logged
davidsc
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 04/23/23 at 20:36:17

So I was able to finally get the bike started. After I fix the grounding issue and I was able to figure out the decomp problem. The final issue I was having was that the brand new lithium battery that I bought was a dud. I bought a brand new lithium last night and it fired right up.

IP Logged
buster6315

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/23/23 at 20:47:12

I bought a lithium battery and charger less than three years ago for my other bike, and last week the battery went bad.  So, I bought a AGM battery.  For the money I paid for the lithium battery, I feel ripped off.  My fears of such a lightweight battery doing the job were justified.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 23:29:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Won't start.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.