Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lemon Pound Cake (Read 18 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Lemon Pound Cake
03/24/23 at 15:23:30

On a lighter note, can't make this up.............

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/rapper-afroman-made-music-videos-of-a-po...

Rapper Afroman made music videos of a police raid on his home. The cops are now suing him for 'emotional distress' and 'embarrassment.'

"Lemon Pound Cake" features Foreman singing about how the officers sought to find drugs in his home, but instead discovered lemon pound cake on the kitchen counter.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Lemon Pound Cake
Reply #1 - 03/24/23 at 15:34:00

The cops are now suing him for 'emotional distress' and 'embarrassment.'

So if I make a fool of myself in front of you and you make a song about it, YOU'RE the bad guy?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 03/24/23 at 20:05:29

The words depicted here are used, but "death" and "threats" was also left out.  If there are threats with merit, then it should be addressed, but most are meritless.

They are suing under the Ohio Rev Code 2741, Right Of Publicity In Individual's Persona.

https://codes.ohio.gov/ohio-revised-code/chapter-2741

Its a tricky case because there are exemptions for media use, but the commercial component of his selling shirts and items with their pictures on them for profit is a legal issue.  If someone was making money off videos and pictures of your kid doing their job, would it be ok?  The law may or may not say no.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 03/24/23 at 21:51:34

Idiots pretending to do a job need mocked and if it sells shirts good..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/25/23 at 09:08:19

"Idiots pretending to do a job need mocked and if it sells shirts good.."

Ohio law would disagree.  

Other than conducting a lawful search what did the humans present at the home do?  Personally if it were me and I was upset about the warrant and the content of the charges I would make videos and shirts about the DA, or anyone involved in the frivolous charges, not the cops told to conduct the search.  More of a go after the source and not the messenger type of thing.

I'm not going to look through the footage and assign three ethics panels to evaluate each humans professional actions on every video so I can't say if the humans targeted are the ones who deserve to have their images on t-shirts, or if they were just doing their job.  

If they are just street cops choosing to conduct a search instead of losing their job, then maybe it's inappropriate to target them.  If they were being unprofessional, or by some miracle a street cops actually created a search warrant for this, then sure make fun of them.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 06:40:49

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Lemon Pound Cake

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.