Send Topic Print
See how long it takes? (Read 53 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
See how long it takes?
03/13/23 at 16:41:24

Lefties have been driving the agenda,,, and it's just going Swimmingly!!

https://pjmedia.com/culture/robert-spencer/2023/03/13/americas-teens-are-dumb...

Lefties SUKK.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: See how long it takes?
Reply #1 - 03/13/23 at 18:15:02

Not only the teens are dumb as rocks, this phenomena transcends to people through their 20s.  It is going to be scary when this generation is in charge of anything important.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 03/13/23 at 19:53:27

I'm pretty sure my grandfather said that about me.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 03/13/23 at 21:02:42

Meaning?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 03/13/23 at 21:10:39

Rather certain, he did not.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 03/14/23 at 06:22:32

"Meaning?"

Pretty much every outgoing generation says the younger generation are going to mess everything up.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #6 - 03/14/23 at 06:41:00

And for good reason, the US peaked economically in the mid 50s.  Our country has been deindustrialized during the past 40 years, we have 30T worth of debt that will not be repaid, and the dollar will likely loose reserve currency status by the end of the decade.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 03/14/23 at 06:42:55

They weren't completely wrong, were they? It's NOT reasonable to pretend that the future a person has to look at today is anywhere Near the future that our parents had.
Again, I WATCHED one man run a thirteen stool Snack Bar in a Houston grocery store and Prosper. I met him when I was about five,so 59ish, and in about six years he had bought a country store with a feed store attached. Between those times he built a nice, big two car garage, added a bedroom, got horses, leased land to ride on, traded up on cars, HE PROSPERED, Not because he was a genius, or because he was more industrous. He just stayed at work and sold a decent product.

That kind of opportunity does not exist today.
And it's getting Worse.
Frikkin Wal-Mart is checking out of a major city. The kids ARE dumber than rocks.
The problem is that the kids are too stupid to know not to believe what the government is telling them. That is not a new thing. My sister ran out and got her jabs, because she wanted to
Be a Good Citizen.. Fukk,, and she's Smart.. She used to draw the blueprints for offshore platforms. But,dayumm,,
Yeah, America is screwed, the Federal Reserve system has been used to steal from the people, enslaved is the word. I know, you think it's a good thing and a necessary part of the government, but you are Wrong,,
And yes, the kids are dumbmasses and America is not going to survive long.
Look at the utter foolishness of AOC. She isn't an outlier. She has supporters. They are fools,too.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 03/14/23 at 09:08:38

My Grandfather said I didn’t know how to hitch up a team of horses to a wagon.

When I was driving a, 3 on the tree pickup, with a wagon hitched to the back, while Gramps picked up bales.

I was 13

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 03/15/23 at 05:33:57

"That kind of opportunity does not exist today."

I'm not sure I totally agree as I also know people who in just the past 10 years have opened successful businesses that serve food.  Why would this opportunity not exist at all now?

Speaking of opportunity, I know 2 kids at the local high school that run a podcast.  They charge local businesses $200 to $500 to be "mentioned" during their podcast, which is 3 days a week.  If you want all 3 days, you get a $100 discount.

They have long-term customers.  One kids parents set up a trust specific for his college and just using this money he should be fine by the time he graduates.  

I realize this isn't the norm, but given how accessible media apps/youTube - Patreon, etc. are today, I can see why there are so many revenue generating options for people that literally never existed before.  So while some jobs disappear, some more appear.  

It reminds me of how I was teased for not knowing how to operate a record player, but was programming the VCR.

Also vinyl is selling like crazy now, and VHS is on the rise again.  

IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Reply #10 - 03/15/23 at 18:19:32

Vinyl, I understand.  VHS, I don't, because nobody makes VCRs now, and the quality is horrible.  I do wish an onscreen recorder would become available with detachable media.  I'd like to be able to record streaming media as well as OTA.  VCRs were great because you could record a game and give the tape to your friend.

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 03/15/23 at 19:22:08

Yeah I thought the same about VHS, nobody has VCR's that work very well.  But I also sold a copy of Waterworld first release for $150, and was asked if I could get more tapes, the list was huge.  I looked into it and the demand was, by my assessment, rather high for a lot of movies - but for unused/collector ones, not just used basement tapes.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 09:15:16

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › See how long it takes?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.