Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Careful !!!
Reply #2 - 03/09/23 at 09:11:46

Good to know my butt is safe with a steel plate between battery and seat.
Like I need a lithium fired hemorrhoid !   Shocked

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 03/10/23 at 15:44:51

I've seen quite a few reports on scooter batteries starting fires.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
TrevorKlein

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/16/23 at 01:57:07

O God.... I didn't expect them as much disastrous  Shocked

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 03/22/23 at 05:00:55

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 03/22/23 at 08:50:42

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 03/23/23 at 15:28:12

The chemistry of these lithium batteries is akin to dynamite, all the components are premixed for an explosion. There are a lot of questionable quality cheap batteries on the market that are prone to explosions. In addition, the fumes of the burning lithium batteries are highly toxic, there is a member on candle power forums who inhaled fumes from an exploded flashlight battery, and he ended up spending a long time in a hospital and now lives with a permanent lung damage.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 03/23/23 at 23:47:59

Hey,green isn't without destruction to the environment.

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #9 - 03/24/23 at 00:07:55

Saw a photo yesterday showing an E-car battery forming part of the structural integrity of the chassis. Like, a gas tank holding a car together!
Also, after a fender-bender, any tiny crack in an e-battery causes a total write-off for insurance purposes.
Who voted for this nonsense?
Cheers!  Cool
pps: who was the genius at Ford that thought a Mustang needed 4-doors and an E-battery and look like an SUV ?  So stop it already!!!!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 03/24/23 at 15:26:45

As stupid as corn juice in gas is, this push to create a market for electric cars is stupider. We don't HAVE the infrastructure for evs. We Do have the infrastructure for ICE. The earth is fine and we have lots of oil. Diesel has more BTUs per gallon and can deliver more mpg. But petroleum doesn't just give us diesel. We get very different types of oil. Not all refineries are equipped for the same types of oil. Some high percentages of asphalt,, you know, the stuff the roads are made of. Point out the miniscule amount of cement, E. What are you thinking? Destroy the petroleum industry except for the stuff you want?
You know, that Green Energy is not, can not, Be a dependable replacement. So the stuff that worked until the budgets got split,still has to be maintained and ready for when the stupid shitt that sounds good to lefties fails, unfortunately the maintenance budget for gas,etc, have been shared with the stupid shitt,, so now it's Not up to task. Everything was fine until lefties got involved. Like school.
Ohhh,how lefties suck. Get one within a hundred feet of a barometer and it will predict rain.

IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Reply #11 - 03/26/23 at 18:05:07

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/24/23 at 15:26:45:
As stupid as corn juice in gas is, this push to create a market for electric cars is stupider. We don't HAVE the infrastructure for evs. We Do have the infrastructure for ICE. ...

Our modern lives are utterly dependent on petroleum products.  IT'S NOT JUST FUEL.  I was looking at the expensive tree trimming equipment the other day in my yard.  It's dependent on hydraulics.  That hydraulic fluid isn't water.  It's derived from hydrocarbons, which come from FOSSIL FUELS.  I hate the term fossil fuels, because it's bogus.  Oil deposits are no longer considered to be from decaying plant and animal matter from ages ago.  I've heard recently that the Russians coined the term fossil fuel in the 1700s, and it's not an accurate name for petroleum.  Hydraulics are just one example.  Imagine modern medicine without plastics and petroleum to derive all the (mostly bogus) medications from.  Imagine cars without plastics.  How about computer equipment and mobile phones without plastics and the various chemicals needed to manufacture them?  Arnold Schwarznegger said a few years ago that he'd  like to travel back in time to prevent fossil fuels from being used (https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/national-international/arnold-schwarzenegg...).  What a fool.  What else were we supposed to use?  Corn?  Corn was needed to feed people.  It turns out that oil-based fuels were needed to get us where we are today.  So were plastics and a myriad of petrochemicals.  Of course we need to do our best to minimize pollution, but ditching petroleum is a fool's errand.  It's looking more and more like a renewable resource.  The Earth replenishes it.  I'm all about reducing waste, reducing plastic in landfills, etc., but enough already with the battery nonsense.  I live in an area prone to hurricanes.  I need my generators.  I don't need a Tesla Power Wall or Ford F-150 Lightning plus a $5000 accessory to "power my house with the F-150".  No gasoline engines + Natural Disaster = MISERY.

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 23:05:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › Careful !!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.