Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Keeping it weird in Austin (Read 26 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Keeping it weird in Austin
02/20/23 at 04:57:44

I’m in downtown Austin Tx this week, got here yesterday. I’m staying a 15 minute walk from the meetings so I get the joy of walking through Austin. What a $hithole this has become. Tents, sleeping bags in doorways, two or three people stumbling past talking to imaginary people in front of them.

WTH….. i’ve been fortunate to travel the country on and off for the last 30 years, and there are always homeless, and a few clearly mentally disturbed people in every major downtown city but I’ve never seen anything as bad as this. Maybe it was because yesterday was a really nice day after a long stretch of cooler weather. I don’t know we’ll see.

Is this because of the easy access to drugs, allowing tent cities to build up, and a general social acceptance? is this what’s causing it to be even more common? I don’t know. Two weeks ago I was in Atlanta and it wasn’t this bad but it was colder and it was right around the Olympic Park area and there are police everywhere. That’s a whole high profile area in the shadow of the CNN tower so maybe they push homeless away. We did see some homeless guy drop his pants and started whacking off in the middle of the sidewalk.

Have drugs destroyed all these lives?

IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Re: Keeping it weird in Austin
Reply #1 - 02/20/23 at 06:28:41

It almost seems hopeless, because the "progressive" politicians won't do what's right.  Last time I was in Houston by the light rail line, a guy got off one of the trains screaming at the top of his lungs some gibberish about cutting somebody's male part off.  Yes, it's the drugs (illegal and prescription), and anybody that's part of the illicit drug supply chain is to blame (along with doctors prescribing poison).  A lot of nice cities have been ruined by progressives.  They're actually regressive, and I'm not sure what reward they get by ditching law and order in favor of chaos.  Eventually their neighborhoods are affected.  What if one of them has to wait for a hospital bed someday because hospitals are overrun with unnecessary overdose and gunshot victims?

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 02/20/23 at 09:23:54

And how many years after they stopped actually demanding proper behavior in school are we?
It's a societal problem. The rot has been injected in the roots. Lefty ideology is mental illness. Look at everything they have done.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Reply #3 - 02/20/23 at 09:51:10

True.

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/20/23 at 09:23:54:
And how many years after they stopped actually demanding proper behavior in school are we?
It's a societal problem. The rot has been injected in the roots. Lefty ideology is mental illness. Look at everything they have done.

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #4 - 02/20/23 at 10:01:12

WebsterMark wrote on 02/20/23 at 04:57:44:
Have drugs destroyed all these lives?

Yes drugs destroy,s a lot. Whoever uses drugs to numb something does not solve his problems. so those problems become big.. And because you then have more to anesthetize you need even more drugs. So you get addicted. You have become a slave to drugs. And you should not underestimate that. Your head says, I'll never do it again, but your feet walk to the dealer. That is why people become homeless.

First of all, you have to understand and acept that everything that has been tried so far has not helped. Then a government may be open to see that the war on drugs is biggest obstacle in the implement of a better solution.

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 02/20/23 at 21:45:55

https://populistpress.com/chaos-in-streets-of-austin-multiple-people-catch-fi...

More bullshit. Gee,what Happened to Austin?
Hmmm,, now what Could it be??

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 19:15:42

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Keeping it weird in Austin

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.