Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Yeah,, who's keeping score? (Read 72 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Yeah,, who's keeping score?
02/16/23 at 05:04:16

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Yeah,, who's keeping score?
Reply #1 - 02/16/23 at 05:22:29

Baldwin didn't kill a cameraman either.  So 0-0?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 02/16/23 at 07:42:28

How many times was Clint given live ammo?

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/16/23 at 10:14:04

This Ballwin thing has turned political because Alec Ballwin is such a d!ck. Many righties want to see him burn because he such an outspoken, mean spirited piece of garbage.

I don’t because I’m a warm, lovable adorable human being…..

I want to see him burn because some poor cop is in jail because she accidentally shot some piece of garbage thug when she grabbed her gun instead of her taser and it’s not fair….

But seriously, neither one should have to go through this. Would we put a pilot in jail if the fueler put the wrong fuel in a plane and it stalled in midair?
No.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 02/16/23 at 13:30:46

WebsterMark wrote on 02/16/23 at 10:14:04:
I don’t because I’m a warm, lovable adorable human being…..

I want to see him burn because some poor cop is in jail because she accidentally shot some piece of garbage thug when she grabbed her gun instead of her taser and it’s not fair….

But seriously, neither one should have to go through this. Would we put a pilot in jail if the fueler put the wrong fuel in a plane and it stalled in midair?
No.

I agree with you on that one too, ya' big teddy bear... Grin
It was obvious on the video that she was a shocked as anyone that her taser fired a bullet.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 02/16/23 at 13:53:19

"But seriously, neither one should have to go through this. Would we put a pilot in jail if the fueler put the wrong fuel in a plane and it stalled in midair?
No.
"

If it were Alec Baldwin flying of course we would.

I see your point but I think it's more reasonable to expect an actor to check a weapon than a commercial pilot to send fuel samples to a lab.  The charge against Baldwin is one that is specifically enacted for homicides that were unintentional.  So I think it is reasonable to seek that charge, however a maximum sentence may not be necessary.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 02/16/23 at 14:21:09

A blank, you might recognize... how would an actor know a dummy bullet from a real one?
Weight?

Many armourers won't allow an actor to open the chamber on a gun they have issued.
This one allowed live ammo on set... what do you expect?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 02/16/23 at 14:59:04

Eegore wrote on 02/16/23 at 13:53:19:
"... I think it's more reasonable
to expect an actor to check a weapon
than a commercial pilot to send fuel samples to a lab.
  ..."

I believe it is ESSENTIAL !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 02/16/23 at 16:38:13

A blank, you might recognize... how would an actor know a dummy bullet from a real one?
Weight?

Dummy bullets should have holes drilled in them.

"Many armourers won't allow an actor to open the chamber on a gun they have issued."

I've not heard of this, do you have a reference?

"This one allowed live ammo on set... what do you expect?"

That nobody point a gun at anyone ever when live ammunition is on-set.  Again, the charge is specifically for accidental homicide events.  If this shouldn't be applied to accidental homicides then they need to have the law removed or revised to be for accidental homicides with exceptions notated.  Maybe something like not applicable if used on a film set.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 02/17/23 at 07:32:59

Eegore wrote on 02/16/23 at 16:38:13:
"Many armourers won't allow an actor to open the chamber on a gun they have issued."

I've not heard of this, do you have a reference?

I don't remember where I read it earlier, it wasn't this one, but here's another.
I've also worked on several movies and the armourer is in charge  and watching every action until the weapons are returned.
Rust Actor Defends Alec Baldwin, Says Gun Safety Isn't Actor's Job

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=lm&q=Many+armourers+won%27t+allow+an+actor+to+open+...
In the aftermath, Baldwin's co-star Douglas Stewart is sharing his thoughts on the situation, which is tragic all around. The accident happened when Baldwin was holding a firearm declared by Halls as a "cold gun," meaning it was safe to use, though that was unfortunately not the case. Those who've argued for criminal charges against Baldwin have stated that the actor had a responsibility to personally check the rounds, regardless of what he'd been told by Halls. But for Stewart, he says that it's not the actor's job to check firearm safety, as he tells TMZ.

"In all of those previous experiences, there were strict procedures followed where fi you're handling a gun, either the stage manager, or in the case of a film, an armorer, is in charge of handing the gun over to the actor. So, the actor, in all of my experiences has never checked the gun, double checked it. You're not allowed to open the chamber, check the barrel, anything."

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 02/17/23 at 08:49:32

""In all of those previous experiences, there were strict procedures followed where fi you're handling a gun, either the stage manager, or in the case of a film, an armorer, is in charge of handing the gun over to the actor. So, the actor, in all of my experiences has never checked the gun, double checked it. You're not allowed to open the chamber, check the barrel, anything.""

My cousin works in film and she indicates she has seen this as well.  An armorer calling out weapon status and the actor using it without further safety checks.  

I think Webstermark is being the most reasonable in this regard.  Acknowledging it's great to see an anti-gun guy get slammed with a gun charge, but realistically a death sentence isn't what should be charged.  An appropriate accidental homicide charge is fine, set the politics aside.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 02/17/23 at 10:50:52

Imagine a case where an actor has a grudge and replaces the bullets issued with live rounds and then claims he didn't know the gun was loaded... armourers won't allow that. They certify the gun is safe, they may demonstrate to the actor or not.. no one touches it after that.
Do you think other actors in the scene want an actor checking their weapon after the armourer has certified it safe?  Heck no... trust the expert.

Trivia
Worst gun handling ever... Mel Gibson in those ridiculous buddy cop movies... every time he pulls the trigger the gun pulls at least 20' right.
Best gun handling movie?... Burt Reynolds in Sharkey's Machine... love that film...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 02/17/23 at 11:31:08

Sharky’s Machine….  I know what you really like about that movie….

Funny story. I wanted to name my daughter Domino , but my wife, used her veto power. Years later, she asked me where I got that stupid idea and I said from that movie Sharky’s machine. She watched a little bit of the movie and realized who the character was in movie and about killed me! “Do you wanna name your daughter after a call girl?”

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 02/17/23 at 12:42:14

Grin Grin Grin  I don't see the problem...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 02/17/23 at 14:40:41

That’s what I thought..,

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 17:25:42

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Yeah,, who's keeping score?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.