Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
A tragic story. Unique or common? (Read 490 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

A tragic story. Unique or common?
02/10/23 at 05:17:10

Just read it.

The thing about a tipping point is that it goes both ways. Either it snaps heads around and we say this has got to stop or things have digressed to the point where we can’t even hear it above the din, it can’t break through the background noise.

I assume this is what those of you who gets so distraught about mass shootings feel about why we seem to never do anything about gun violence.

https://www.thefp.com/p/i-thought-i-was-saving-trans-kids

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Re: A tragic story. Unique or common?
Reply #1 - 02/10/23 at 05:43:53

Normally during puberty you have to accept your body and your sexuality.
At the same time, you separate yourself from your parents.

Before that time, children did not identify very strongly with being male or female or with any identity whatsoever. That's why they're so innocent.

They struggle with a lack of unconditional love.
Everything else that is offered is in fact conditioning. Meant well, but not so innocent as it looks.

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 02/10/23 at 06:40:29

"Soon after my arrival at the Transgender Center, I was struck by the lack of formal protocols for treatment. The center’s physician co-directors were essentially the sole authority."

You could be treating hangnails and this is going to destroy the integrity and benefits of that program.

But after working at the center, I came to believe that teenagers are simply not capable of fully grasping what it means to make the decision to become infertile while still a minor.

Agreed.  Many females into their 30's, that's right, 30's will be denied ovarian occlusion procedures to combat cysts, and cancer, because they "might want kids" in the future.  Youth for sure should be denied, but I think a 28 year old female doesn't require a male doctor's permission to not have kids someday.  But a 16 year old can decide to permanently disable their reproductive system?

If people would stop making this political and using insults to vilify anyone by assumed political preference who has another opinion maybe discussions would happen.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 02/10/23 at 06:58:08

People  are  AFRAID to do something,
     Simply because they are, TOLD, what to do.

“… There was a team of about eight of us, and only one other person brought up the kinds of questions I had. Anyone who raised doubts ran the risk of being called a transphobe. …”

And really, scary, dealings, to JUST put 'your', money in their pockets !

“…But after working at the center, I came to believe that teenagers are simply not capable of fully grasping what it means to make the decision to become infertile while still a minor. …”

“… At the end of the call I thought to myself, “Wow, we hurt this kid.”  …”

“…They had no idea who they were going to be as adults. Yet all it took for them to permanently transform themselves was one or two short conversations with a therapist….”

“… In front of the team,
the doctors said that my colleague and I
had to stop questioning the “medicine and the science”
as well as their authority.
Then an administrator told us
we had to “Get on board, or get out.”…”

“…“We are building the plane while we are flying it.”
No one should be a passenger on that kind of aircraft….”

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 02/10/23 at 08:48:18

People are afraid as MnSpring correctly quotes. It feels like we’re letting a tiny minority destroy countless lives. Why are we doing this?

And Eegore raises a good point in that this is and will continue to be political dividing line. It’s like we were all on a ship that went down and we’re floating in the ocean. Two lifeboats appear, but one is only for the group of people who believe one thing and the other for the other group of people who believes something else. We each go to our separate lifeboats , even if we have to swim past one to get to the other. We will sacrifice so much just to get on our lifeboat. It’s crazy.

I can’t believe anybody is in favor of allowing obviously disturbed young people making dramatic changes to their physical bodies that can never be reversed. Never.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 02/10/23 at 09:08:15

These are people conflicted by their own bodies.  Any action taken or not taken is bound to have varied consequences.
How is success measured?
How many will self harm without help, how many with help or even because of it?
There is no black and white answer.
I don't think I know better than experts, and politicizing the issue helps no one.
The question is, are we interested in whats best or what furthers our agenda?
There are agenda's on both sides... politicizing only makes them more polarizing.

Acceptance on the far Left may give some encouragement, outrage on the Right may push the rebellious.
Neither is very helpful.
Both will only amplify the issue.
We need to turn down the heat.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 02/10/23 at 13:05:35

Serowbot wrote on 02/10/23 at 09:08:15:
These are people conflicted by their own bodies.  Any action taken or not taken is bound to have varied consequences.
How is success measured?
How many will self harm without help, how many with help or even because of it?
There is no black and white answer.
I don't think I know better than experts, and politicizing the issue helps no one.
The question is, are we interested in whats best or what furthers our agenda?
There are agenda's on both sides... politicizing only makes them more polarizing.

Acceptance on the far Left may give some encouragement, outrage on the Right may push the rebellious.
Neither is very helpful.
Both will only amplify the issue.
We need to turn down the heat.

You either didn’t read her account of what’s going on or yours swimming past one lifeboat so you can get in yours.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 02/10/23 at 17:00:54

Her account is only one of many, as valid or invalid as any other.  You like it because it suits your agenda.  I could as easily post one that agrees with mine.
My boat your boat,... shouldn't the concern be their boat, and making the right choices for the individual?
I think for some the help is needed, for some it's a wrong choice. these evaluations can be wrong or right but are better made by trained professionals than politicians.
My boat and your boat should get out of the way.

Much like the abortion issue,.. one side says no, never, and I decide for everyone... the other says who am I to judge.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 02/10/23 at 18:34:41

Remember when it was Bulimia, and Anorexia, ? Why? Stupid crap comes and goes. This trans insanity will pass. Lives destroyed. And the people who shrugged and called it okay,,? Enablers,, school counselors who help them do it, keep it secret from mom and dad? Burn in hell,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 02/11/23 at 11:29:37

Serowbot wrote on 02/10/23 at 17:00:54:
Her account is only one of many, as valid or invalid as any other.  You like it because it suits your agenda.  I could as easily post one that agrees with mine.
My boat your boat,... shouldn't the concern be their boat, and making the right choices for the individual?
I think for some the help is needed, for some it's a wrong choice. these evaluations can be wrong or right but are better made by trained professionals than politicians.
My boat and your boat should get out of the way.

Much like the abortion issue,.. one side says no, never, and I decide for everyone... the other says who am I to judge.

Again, I don’t think you read the article very closely. There are no universally agreed protocols, and the assumption that delaying harsh treatment is worse than continuing therapy has never been proven and in fact, there’s plenty of evidence to suggest otherwise. Prescribing prescriptions that have irreversible lifelong changes after one visit can never possibly be the right course of action. And if some expert says so, and you asked me if I’m smarter than the expert then my answer is yes. There can never be a justification for meeting with a 14-year-old one time and then cutting her boobs off and giving her harsh chemicals that permanently make her sterile and permanently alter her sexually before she has even experienced much in the way of life. One visit with a therapist who has a monetary interest in this? No way. And we’ve never even discussed her comments that a great many of these people have serious issues elsewhere, and this could be just a way out. And, we haven’t even mentioned the allegation that there’s a good portion of these who are on the autism spectrum.

You would refuse the right for responsible adults with no criminal record to own semiautomatic firearms that look scary, but you’re gonna tell me you agree to let a 14-year-old permanently disfigured her body after one visit to a therapist? That’s absolute nonsense and totally ridiculous.

The writer speaks of groups of teenage girls coming in at the same time. What does that tell you? Because I live in St. Louis and I know where this building is and who they service, they’re rich suburban white girls. Those girls have been so sheltered they don’t know anything. Their entire life revolves around social media. I told you, I knew a woman at work whose daughter went through this phase. She was 13 started wearing boy clothes, cut her hair wanted to be called by a different name the whole 9 yards. Several of her friends high school were doing the same thing. She passed through this phase, and now she’s a perfectly normal beautiful young lady of 19. Imagine if her, and a couple of her friends had walked into this place got a hold of the wrong therapist, and without their parents even knowing, were sterilized and butchered. This can’t happen. Everybody has to agree to stop this. Anybody who says we have to let the experts decide this is an idiot. An absolute idiot or your mind is so warped there’s something seriously wrong with you.

To continue my life, boat analogy, if a bunch of leftist doctors and pretend therapist who did this crap were floating in the water after their boat sank and I was in the life boat, I’d sail away and let the sharks decide their fate.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 02/11/23 at 12:25:15

So you should decide

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #11 - 02/11/23 at 14:02:06

Serowbot wrote on 02/11/23 at 12:25:15:
So you should decide

Why not,
YOU
Have decided to take away a gun ONLY on how it's looks.

(or is that just what You are Told to say ?)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #12 - 02/11/23 at 14:13:21

"... One visit with a therapist who has a monetary interest ..."

That is the whole point !

And that person/s, is getting a bunch of YOUR money, (Taxes).
They will continue to get it by making people AFRAID to say anything.
THREATEN them if they do,
and/or BRIBE them to not say something.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 02/12/23 at 05:44:08

Serowbot wrote on 02/11/23 at 12:25:15:
So you should decide

Cutting sexual organs off a 14 year old boy or girl and giving them drugs with irreversible, lifelong side effects? Yes, I can decide the answer is no.
If you can’t, there’s something seriously wrong with you.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 02/12/23 at 08:25:37

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pre-k-teacher-attacks-idea-childhood-innocence-...

These are the kind of effing weirdos that end up advising young girls and boys to get body parts hacked off because they’re confused, because they grew up in a dysfunctional household, because they’re on the autism spectrum. Bunch of f’ing weirdos.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 15:48:37

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › A tragic story. Unique or common?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.