Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Zack and Ari do it again (Read 127 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Zack and Ari do it again
02/01/23 at 08:41:53

These guys are doing some of the things I'd like to do !    Hay if any of you fellers are game for such FUN  , then we're going to have to-be "OK" with touching BLACK TOP !   Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFD8e3A2wUY

How about an "all BACK ROADS" trip across Kentucky or Tennessee or even North Carolina  ...  How about Oklahoma ?  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Re: Zack and Ari again
Reply #1 - 02/01/23 at 08:52:41

Seems to me it would be more challenging to find gas stations for those small fuel tanks rather than a way around paved roads.

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Zack and Ari again
Reply #2 - 02/01/23 at 09:22:41

Back roads are what Savages are made for .    Just easing along at 45 to 65 we should be able to find fuel every 100 miles or so .
I remember that OldFeller only got about 80 miles to the tank , but I never figured out why.    Last summer or the one before ???  Versey got 150 miles on a tank full from the Beast , up in the Arkansas hills .  
The S-40 I had - got to getting 55mpg on it's best days and 48 mpg the rest of the time.    

Years ago I had a CB350 twin that never got above 40 mpg , but I was always doing wheelies and winding it out too !    Roll Eyes

I think the modern equal to the XL350 might be the RE-Hunter 350 , if we stay in the realm of the "Air-Cooled" ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Zack and Ari do it again
Reply #3 - 02/02/23 at 06:57:10

MMRanch wrote on 02/01/23 at 08:41:53:
How about an "all BACK ROADS" trip across Kentucky or Tennessee or even North Carolina  ...  How about Oklahoma ?  

Well I now have a bike that I could ride on the back roads......even gravel or dirt!

It has a fuel tank smaller than the Savage - even if you include the extra fuel in the "rear" tank.  Speeds on level ground are comfortably 40mph..uphills are a bit slower and the downhills can be a bit faster.

IMG_1077.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 02/02/23 at 07:56:22

Nice Bike Dave !

I'm thinking something like that for an "Old Man Bike" , but it would be nice to have one now too !   Smiley

When Anders was 8 or 9 I got him a 110cc ATV with the Honda knock-off motor.    That thing was totally bullet proof.   It was still running when I sold it 15 years later .    I think it only got an oil change 3 times in all those years but never got to using oil either.   Anders's best buddy rode the China 100 knock-off (same motor design) mini bike that I'd bought for Anders and they knew more places on our property than I ever did.

You know another "Dual Sport" is on my shopping list .    I was looking at the China 250cc models .   Years ago I had a 150cc China dirt bike (not street legal) .   I was so impressed by it that I got a 200cc legal version ... but it was terrible - it vibrated horribly , I was glad to sell it !

That Honda Trail set-up sure looks like the best setup a feller could have.
You know ... we could carry one of them across the black-top with no problem !   Grin    Grin Grin

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 02/02/23 at 08:43:05

MMRanch wrote on 02/02/23 at 07:56:22:
You know ... we could carry one of them across the black-top with no problem !   Grin    Grin Grin

I am OK with the motorcycle carrying me across the pavement.......no problem! Smiley

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 02/02/23 at 13:52:36

Dave wrote on 02/02/23 at 08:43:05:
MMRanch wrote on 02/02/23 at 07:56:22:

I am OK with the motorcycle carrying me across the pavement.......no problem! Smiley

Those 2 were nuts, carrying a perfectly good bike across the road.
No problem with wanting to take the back roads or even dirt roads but it's really foolish to assume there'll be an unbroken dirt road from here to there.

So there'll be no carrying for me w/out someone holding my beer.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 02/02/23 at 18:06:40

Hay !!!!

me w/out someone holding my beer.    

Sounds like Versey buying us a round !     I'll have to go for the Alcohol Free  ... Thanks Versey   Cool    !!!

I'll bet we could carry one of those Trail models !  

I wonder why OldFeller didn't get one of them ?  All those forest roads in NC. are just waiting to be rode !!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

The toys just get lighter as the years all add up !   Wink

AlcoholFree.jpg

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 02/02/23 at 20:36:35

all I'm saying is (if it's not clear to you) it will take several beers to get me to carry a bike over a road.

I stopped doing that when my bike became more than 20 lbs.

WWW   IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #9 - 02/02/23 at 20:57:37

I would like to clarify - it would take quite a few YEARS (taken off) before I could carry ANY bike across a road.  Just sayin'.   Shocked

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 02/03/23 at 03:27:47

I watched the video while I ate my lunch yesterday.  I have no idea why they had to take that ride in winter.

1.  I will not go on any trip where we ride while it is snowing.
2.  I will not sleep under any bridge.
3.  I will not carry my bike over pavement.
4.  I will not ride through any culverts with deep mud for a bottom.
5.  I will not punish my bike (or body) needlessly.

« Last Edit: 02/03/23 at 05:42:51 by Dave »  

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #11 - 02/03/23 at 04:17:27

I have no desire to punish myself needlessly.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #12 - 02/03/23 at 13:15:55

I’m not much into that kind of stupidity anymore. But as retirement nears I will be undertaking something(s) epic. A return to racing maybe , I doubt it , what kind of racing. I love racing any racing , maybe something silly & fun or just some epic rides on a really weird , old, underpowered motorcycle of questionable condition. They used to have a $500 rally in S.F. , total cost of bike and needed repairs not to exceed $500 with some other rules too. Then the 200 mile rally has to be completed. Awards for dumb stuff too. A whole day of fun with other like minded crazy people, bbq n music in the evening.
Just want to ride more , still build but ride more , have fun , meet people.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #13 - 02/04/23 at 02:24:51

Ruttly wrote on 02/03/23 at 13:15:55:
I’m not much into that kind of stupidity anymore. But as retirement nears I will be undertaking something(s) epic. A return to racing maybe , I doubt it , what kind of racing. I love racing any racing , maybe something silly & fun or just some epic rides on a really weird , old, underpowered motorcycle of questionable condition. They used to have a $500 rally in S.F. , total cost of bike and needed repairs not to exceed $500 with some other rules too. Then the 200 mile rally has to be completed. Awards for dumb stuff too. A whole day of fun with other like minded crazy people, bbq n music in the evening.
Just want to ride more , still build but ride more , have fun , meet people.

There is a small dirt track in Lawrenceburg, IN that has go kart and motorcycle flat track racing.  Motorcycles have 100cc and 250cc classes.  I think racing a 100cc bike would be fun, and speeds are slow enough that getting hurt doesn't appear too likely.  Corner speeds are slow enough in the 100cc classes that there really isn't any drifting around the corners and hanging the tail out.

Getting a $500 motorcycle would have been a piece of cake in the 70's, and you could even buy a new bike for that price back then.  I bought a Suzuki TS90 with a bad piston for $40......put in a new piston/rings, stripped of the lights, put on knobbies and rode/raced the devil out of the bike.  Today it is nearly impossible to find any project bike for less than $1,000.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #14 - 02/04/23 at 09:07:08

Yeah 100cc class would be a ball. In Australia they race posty bikes , Honda
90 , 110 , 125cc.  I’m not far from Lodi Cycle Bowl a world famous flat track, they also have TTs and a scrambles race or two a year. As long as it’s cheap and fun , I’m in. Really want to do some riding this year. A buddy got a new Harley last year and another has a SR 500 so I might have do work to do. I got a couple roads for those guys , take them up the pass nice easy sweepers , fast , then going back over on a nasty rough winding road , tracker use to eat it up but gearing is now changed. The Harley will leave me in the dust with his 114 H/P so I’ll just make turn a lot and he we tire out quickly , the SR is basically stock the Savage should have the edge. Relax , study riding styles , let them feel fast , lay back enjoy the ride , then strike when they least expect it , no need to pressure the rider in front just wait ,  I won’t even show him a wheel , wait , squeeze by entering a turn a be gone. Thumpin!

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/10/24 at 01:54:39

General CategoryThe Cafe › Zack and Ari do it again

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.