Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What happened to craigslist? (Read 100 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
What happened to craigslist?
01/25/23 at 21:33:02

Up here, all the cool bikes have moved to FB Marketplace. Just found out by chance, but CL is easier to use.
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: What happened to craigslist?
Reply #1 - 01/26/23 at 03:38:58

I have no shortage of used motorcycles to choose from.  I live in an area that has a lot of people spread around in the metropolitan areas.  I am right across the river from Cincinnati, Ohio.  Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky are a couple hours away - as is Columbus and Dayton, Ohio.  Indianapolis, Indiana is less than 3 hours away.  With those areas to look at there are thousands of motorcycles to choose from.  I just pulled up the Motorcycle section of the Cincinnati Craigslist - there are 80 pages of motorcycles to look through.

I have had good luck on Craigslist - but a lot of people I talk to are using Facebook more.  I tried Facebook a few times, and it was not successful.  On a Honda Trail 110 down where we ride in Georgia and North Carolina - the fellow did not reply for nearly a month, and then responded with short messages and then stopped - he never did give me an opportunity to talk to him about the bike or come see it.  I don't use it anymore as I got locked out of Facebook when I got a new computer and tried to log onto my account - the only way they will let me restore the account is to download the app on my phone and take a Face picture.......I ain't doing it!

You might try using Search Tempest - it will search listings for any distance from home you choose.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #2 - 01/26/23 at 13:31:24

As a former resident of Danville and Louisville, I am jealous of your access to these great locations. Sadly, I never owned a bike while working there. My green card application evaporated upon a layoff.
FB up here never asked me for a photo and I joined with an alias. I also don't use a 'smart' phone, as apart from here and newssites, I don't live on the interweb. It's a 'tool', not a 'lifestyle' ! Marketplace has better bikes, but CL is easier to use!
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 01/27/23 at 03:04:16

I hadn't really noticed until this morning - but there has been an absence of Savage motorcycles on Craigslist for a while (I don't need another Savage right now).  There often were 2 or 3 for sale....often neglected or turned into a Bobber or Rat bike.

I did a search and 1 came up........and it is a nice looking bike - but it is in Michigan?  I guess when you do a search Craigslist must look around a bit and go outside your area.

https://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/mcy/d/gobles-forsale-suzuki-savage/757648537...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
wheelbender6

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 01/27/23 at 10:44:54

Craigslist is still plenty active in Houston.
I put my scooter up for sale on Craigslist on a Thursday afternoon and sold it the same evening.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #5 - 01/27/23 at 11:56:02

Maybe fewer listings than normal , they may have cleaned out older inactive posts in an effort to clean up their act. Weather,time of year,economy all can effect on new listings , spring is coming.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 01/28/23 at 14:54:19

Craigslist?
Thrifty Nickel!!!
Goooone BayBeee!
They were handy in the winter time. Get out, weather change, pull in and grab a buncha those, wad them up and shove them in in my clothes..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #7 - 01/28/23 at 15:28:22

The number of listings dropped substantially in my area when they started charging $5 for ads in the motorcycle category.  Motorcycle parts are still free and I will see people putting complete running bikes with titles in there all of the time.

IP Logged
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Reply #8 - 01/28/23 at 18:54:17

ohiomoto wrote on 01/28/23 at 15:28:22:
The number of listings dropped substantially in my area when they started charging $5 for ads in the motorcycle category.  Motorcycle parts are still free and I will see people putting complete running bikes with titles in there all of the time.

Similar situation here in AZ, I won’t use Facebook for anything. Mostly I see dealer ads on Craigslist, and I’m still seeing ridiculously high prices for used bikes. Offer up is ok here. I’ve been surprised to not see hardly any Savage or S40 ads, so maybe they’re all on Facebook…

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #9 - 01/31/23 at 10:36:29

its all facebook marketplace now. Which is honestly a little better since you can see who you are dealing with, see reviews, and potentially have some buyer protection.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #10 - 01/31/23 at 14:43:01

What fun is that ? Wade thru Craig’s List like a man!

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 01/31/23 at 19:22:56

Craigslist started charging for ads that sell vehicles.  FB marketplace does not.

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #12 - 01/31/23 at 21:45:58

Not yet charging here! One electric bike/scooter dealer here is still blanketing CL with repetitive ads. How many ads do you need to sell a crap electric scooter?
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 13:43:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › What happened to craigslist?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.