Send Topic Print
2023 (Read 865 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: 2023
Reply #30 - 01/28/23 at 01:19:26

Cattle don’t bother me a bit , tent placement is critical ! Lost the cattle ranch across the street last year we miss them a lot. One year I spent Christmas Eve herding couple dozen escaped bovine back into the ranch. Yeah me and a stick and the only cop in the world afraid of cows , wouldn’t even get out of his car and was visibly scared when they surrounded his cruiser. So I got all dem doggies back in the ranch then the rancher came home , yup the good ole days.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #31 - 01/28/23 at 09:21:26

I keep telling the wife when I retire we are moving out of town find a house with a porch between an orchard and a cattle ranch , I’ll be happy with some open space around me !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #32 - 01/28/23 at 12:50:46

That's cool, you can call that place Green Acres   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #33 - 01/28/23 at 14:40:45

Mow the grass ! No No No watch it grow.   Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #34 - 01/28/23 at 18:05:35

Ruttly - you are 3-1/2 hours from me via Hwy 88.

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #35 - 01/29/23 at 12:06:10

That’s a long haul on the tracker , that’s a long haul even for the sportster. Have you ever been over 88 between here and there ? I’ve been as far as  south of Tahoe where I think 88 & 89 mix. Ebbetts Pass is one lane over the summit it’s cool till some moron with a motor home crashes. I can pick up 88  off of 99 up by Stockton and I know the way up to 89 after that is where the adventure begins. Seems finding gas stations up in the mountains is harder than it used to be , fewer open gas stations , see old stations closed up where I used to buy fuel. Long haul or not still would be a very scenic twisty ride. Once you’re off the valley floor and heading up nearing Jackson the twisties begin and you better like twisties. I like it when you’ve turned so many times a straight section of road makes you smile. Now that I think about it Sportster would be a major workout on Ebbetts Pass. Danger awaits on the pass , deer & bears in the road , sure it’s seasonal.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #36 - 01/29/23 at 12:10:19

3 hrs  Cool

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #37 - 01/29/23 at 12:20:52

I like the roads less traveled , fewer cruisers just less traffic all together. Going thru the mountains needs research on a map you can always see the roads all that M/C traffic will take , it ok but not for me. Ebbetts pass is one of those roads I like , I shouldn’t have even mentioned the name.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #38 - 01/29/23 at 20:50:05

My mistake Ebbetts Pass is wrong , that’s Hwy 4

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #39 - 01/29/23 at 21:48:02

Hwy 4 goes to 89 north of 88. As I recall 88 is not as winding as 4. Still would be a killer ride thru the mountains over Carson Pass and beyond.
I know I’ve been as far as where 88 meets 89 but it’s been at least fifteen years since going over the pass. And maybe 40 years since I came down 89 to 88 back to 99 cause of a huge landslide on 50 that year. It’s no straight line and may not be the quickest way but it may be the most direct route.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #40 - 01/30/23 at 07:45:02

The last time I went 88/89 I was towing my car hauler trailer with my 3/4 ton diesel truck.  Ebbetts Pass had lanes so narrow I had all of 3" on each side of my trailer tires before I was riding on the paint.  I picked up a vehicle in Placerville for a project I am working on (yes, another project!).  Instead of taking that white knuckle pass I came home via 80 through Truckee and Reno.  Wide lanes and more of them the whole way home.  The extra 45 minutes added to the drive was worth it!

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #41 - 01/30/23 at 14:51:25

Sonora Pass is tough too , lots of dumb riders. I’ve lost my brakes on that road several times , one time the plastic hub caps were melting and smoking , when we got it stopped , I said a great place for a picnic.  Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #42 - 01/31/23 at 07:09:24

Not sure I could take 2 weeks off from work, but it sure sounds interesting.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #43 - 02/02/23 at 08:37:18

Hay Springman

You know me and Versey are retired ... what month is more likely for you to get off for  a  week and two weekends ?  
I was thinking of the Hottest month of the year so a ride through "BearTooth Pass" could fit in , but I'm not sure that is doable from where we're going ?

Maybe the "Hottest" month is not the best plan now - but - on this COLD RAINNY FEBUARY day in TN. --- anything with the word "HOT" in it sounds good right now !      Tongue  

I don't know how many days to spend ridding about NV.    Going through there on the Super-Slab is the only way I've seen any of it.     I did go to the Painted Desert on one trip but then it was right back to the interstate (it might have been AZ. ? )  Huh
Hay , why don't you see if Steve needs a summer ride ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #44 - 02/06/23 at 15:21:14

Steve always needs a summer ride. He probably has more leeway in being able to get away. Don't count on me for the ride but make your plans and let me know. If I can get away, I will join you guys.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 15:00:39

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2023

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.