Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Without energy storage, renewables fail. (Read 118 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Without energy storage, renewables fail.
12/15/22 at 05:23:16

https://www.thegwpf.org/content/uploads/2022/11/Menton-Energy-Storage-Conundr...

This is fascinating reading. I’ve been interested in and followed energy storage for a long time because in a previous job I actually got to travel to a couple of countries since we were suppliers of a critical material to an energy stored system being developed. It was fascinating. Both systems failed however at commercializing the technology. It was just never going to work on any large scale.

If I could turn back the clock to when I was 18, instead of chasing some ridiculous dream about racing motorcycles ( the truth is sex, drugs and rock and roll were the real targets) for a living, I would’ve been an electrical engineer. Electricity and magnetism is amazing, a gift from The Gods.

And this is why I know, and I’ve known for a long time as very smart engineers told me all this years and years ago, this idea that renewable would provide the vast majority of energy for the Earth, has always been total BS, it’s never going to happen. Never.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Without energy storage, renewables fail.
Reply #1 - 12/15/22 at 07:11:06

So we got a gift from the gods that don't work?

Typical....  Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #2 - 12/15/22 at 09:44:34

You say:
Renewable would provide the vast majority of energy for the Earth, has always been total BS, it’s never going to happen. Never.

I think a substantial balance can be created between renewable energy and natural resources such as gas and oil. But for that we have to stop over-consumption.By over-consumption, I mean that we all only use what we need. And not buy and want things,  to fill a void in us.

However you want it, this planet is not able, and does not want to be able, to give us everything we want. This planet facilitates spiritual growth. Not economic growth.

She is indeed verry much like a mother.

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 12/15/22 at 10:53:50

zevenenergie wrote on 12/15/22 at 09:44:34:
You say:
Renewable would provide the vast majority of energy for the Earth, has always been total BS, it’s never going to happen. Never.

I think a substantial balance can be created between renewable energy and natural resources such as gas and oil. But for that we have to stop over-consumption.By over-consumption, I mean that we all only use what we need. And not buy and want things,  to fill a void in us.

However you want it, this planet is not able, and does not want to be able, to give us everything we want. This planet facilitates spiritual growth. Not economic growth.

She is indeed verry much like a mother.

You typed the above on a computer made with parts sourced from around the world and using technology developed by multiple countries to send electronic signals either under the ocean on a cable or up into space to bounce off a satellite where they landed in a data center were massive servers consumed energy to post something on a computer anybody in the world could read.

So my question is what constitutes overconsumption? There are 1 billion people in the world who would kill to have what I throw away. When you talk about only using what we need and not to over consume, basically you’re saying its OK to enslave 1 billion people in poverty so that the rest of us can pretend to care about ecology because we recycle an aluminum can that held a craft IPA. No. I say expand. Expand prosperity to all the earth.

This planet is a tool for human beings to use to live. We need to be good stewards of this planet but it’s not a mother. It’s a big giant rock in space. Maybe the only rock that’s even inhabitable, who knows.

I just never bought into this mother earth crap and I’m not in favor of telling someone who has to walk 2 miles for clean water, too darn bad, I need to feel better about my carbon offset so you can’t have a diesel powered generator but maybe I’ll send you over some more comfortable shoes.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 12/15/22 at 13:04:48

I can't use the colored test because the site doesn't display properly on my computer. So you have to take a good look at what your text is and what my answer is.

You typed the above on a computer made with parts sourced from around the world and using technology developed by multiple countries to send electronic signals either under the ocean on a cable or up into space to bounce off a satellite where they landed in a data center were massive servers consumed energy to post something on a computer anybody in the world could read.

Okeee, so i have a computer... so far so good.

So my question is what constitutes overconsumption? There are 1 billion people in the world who would kill to have what I throw away. When you talk about only using what we need and not to over consume, basically you’re saying its OK to enslave 1 billion people in poverty so that the rest of us can pretend to care about ecology because we recycle an aluminum can that held a craft IPA. No. I say expand. Expand prosperity to all the earth.

Tats not exactly what I,m saying.  I mean it in a more psychological way. That we all have desires that come from an exitecial lack. And most people, all over the world, fill this gap by consuming. Whether it be with sex or food or cars, houses, food, money, and so on.

This planet is a tool for human beings to use to live. We need to be good stewards of this planet but it’s not a mother. It’s a big giant rock in space. Maybe the only rock that’s even inhabitable, who knows.

I see the planet more as a real being. That is also really happy with our presence.
As much as we are made of matter, she also has a soul.
The funny thing is that our body consists of matter that comes from the earth. And everything we eat also comes from this planet. In large part, we belong to her. That's why we talk about Mother Earth. We are beings in a body of Mother Earth and have come here for a reason. On this planet of form. (for everything takes shape here) it is possible to realize your divine nature. And you're right when you say there aren't many planets like this.

I just never bought into this mother earth crap and I’m not in favor of telling someone who has to walk 2 miles for clean water, too darn bad, I need to feel better about my carbon offset so you can’t have a diesel powered generator but maybe I’ll send you over some more comfortable shoes.

What I learned is Thats it's not so much about doing good on this planet, it's about being "in love".

And I say that because love is something no one can do without. you can raise children and give everything there is. but if there is no love they will not be happy. All children want from you is that you love them. And it is also the only thing that really fulfills. Just look when you buy something that never really fulfills. When you come into a primitive culture the first thing they look at is how open your heart is. And they also come to you with their heart and share their heart. That is something that is not known in many Western cultures.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 12/15/22 at 13:30:05

When you come into a primitive culture the first thing they look at is how open your heart is. And they also come to you with their heart and share their heart. That is something that is not known in many Western cultures.

Give me an example of that.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 12/15/22 at 14:10:32

I was in India in a place where there were no tourists.

I didn't know anyone there but everyone came to me with a smile and with shining eyes.
I was invited to help organize a party for a religious person.
It was all so simple, Not like, who are you?
There was a natural hospitality.
Before I knew it I was in the kitchen cooking food for everyone and people were thankful for it. Not out of politeness but really out of love and appreciation.

I bought a bicycle there In a shop And it has to be built up from different parts. Then you get a chair and tea and the fun the kids have then and how they tell soft parts are cool to have on your bike so you show off.
And how festive they make it. How open they are. Happy for no reason. And how nice it is to be with them from that joy, not wanting anything from them and they want nothing from you, other than that you enjoy being with them. Holy people come out of their trans, to give you their blessing. And then go back into trans. Just because they want to share something with you.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 12/15/22 at 19:13:48

Interesting story, Zev. Sounds like you might be able to read
Be Here Now by Babba Ram Das, aka Richard Alpert. He was one of the guys who ran around with Timothy Leary and was on The Magic Bus. He,too,was fired from the college along with Timothy Leary.
It's been over45years so details, maybe even the name, could be off a bit.
I wish I still had the book.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 12/16/22 at 03:49:09

Good to hear Zev.

But I recommend you don’t walk around the primitive cultures in North St Louis, Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit, LA, and try that. They’ll come at you with something shiny but it won’t be their eyes.

Back to my original point. Everyone should take 15 or 20 minutes and read that link. It asks questions that no political leader is ever going to answer honestly. We all need to know that before we start going down this road that leads to nowhere.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 12/16/22 at 05:03:00

justin_o_guy2
I googeld the book and it cost 14,95. Thats is surviveble. Smiley

Webstermark

I read part of the text from the link and skimmed through the rest.

I am a mechanical engineer and watch with suspicion what the politicians in Europe are trying to tell us.

The calculations are not correct and no account is taken of economic circumstances caused by political situations.

I think that the conspericy community is not as far from the truth as is often presented.

We are forced into a completely different culture where freedom of thought and action and property is restricted as much as possible in order to achieve impossible goals.
I see that as a bad thing.

And if you want to open small nuclear power plants to stop that process, I say build them.

But... I think the crisis that the whole world is in will only get worse.

It is a spiritual crisis and the symptoms, can only be solved if we go through a consciousness development.

Of course, that doesn't mean we shouldn't take proper measures. But we must make decisions with wise visions and without selfish reasons such a desire for power. (the two don't go well together)

I don't like to watch spiritual video,s of guru,s and I think the word spiritual is a bit of a dirty word because it has been so often misused for all kinds of things. And it is often misinterpreted. But this man explains very nicely what is going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBzXdKmgbNc

I have a close friend who has gone through the same development as this man. So I experience firsthand how incredibly powerfull being you become if this happens to you and how beneficial you become for your loved ones and the world around you.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 12/16/22 at 05:32:04

….” trans Am conceptual thinking…..”. Is the phrase this guy used several times in the first couple minutes.  I got through maybe five minutes and was just a giant word salad. But that’s just me. I guess I’m not enlightened enough.

I think I know who I am and who the people around me are. I’m pretty sure I understand the forces that shape the world. There are things I can control, things I can’t control. I’m at peace with that, but that doesn’t mean there’s not value in bitching and moaning from time to time about things you have very little control of. One brick doesn’t hold up a wall and while it’s part of the wall, it nonetheless exists separately from the other bricks, for the most part. Without the other bricks, it’s nothing but that doesn’t mean it’s nothing with the bricks either.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 12/16/22 at 07:06:13

I think what Zev is talking about is seeking inner peace through consumerism.
Money don't buy happiness.

There comes a point where your stuff owns you

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 12/16/22 at 07:32:56

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 12/16/22 at 07:38:53

Oooooookay,...  keep trying  Grin

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #14 - 12/16/22 at 07:56:21

Serowbot wrote on 12/16/22 at 07:06:13:
I think what Zev is talking about is seeking inner peace through consumerism. ..."

Exactly what does that have to do with;

"... that Renewable would provide the vast majority of energy
for the Earth,
has always been total BS, ..."

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 11:19:48

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Without energy storage, renewables fail.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.