Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Apple
12/09/22 at 05:33:15

So a ‘Air Tag’, is used wrongly.
Sue Apple, because they made it.

Typical Fairy Dust Sprinkler Mentality.

Yep, the person ‘stalked’, does not know, or can’t find out where it is, etc.
  is tracked ILLEGALLY.
(Golly Gee Wally, Kina like a DFI using a gun made by Colt, the FDS wants to Sue Colt, for the DFI’s actions)

So now, a ‘app’  will be designed to find it.

So now the Luggage, Car, (some thing), is tracked to prevent thieves.
The thief can remove it, because he/she can find it.

So now, the ‘air-tag’ is back to finding your keys, etc.

GPS has been around for years, and used in/for countless purposes.
GPS started in early 70’s, by the 80’s it was a hugely used, and growing.

But now, oh its Apples Fault.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Apple
Reply #1 - 12/09/22 at 06:10:56

My understanding is that they are suing because a known risk factor was ignored when the company had reasonable means to develop mitigation measures.  This is pursuable in court, and has been for decades.

The unfortunate position in this case is what you addressed - the safer version makes the device useless against thieves.  So the product is pretty much useful only for lost items not stolen items.

So I imagine the question is why didn't Apple release the Airtag finder software for that item when they were aware of the risk.  It doesn't make it right to make a company pay for the misuse of it's product, but the question itself is valid.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #2 - 12/09/22 at 06:32:46

Eegore wrote on 12/09/22 at 06:10:56:

My understanding is that they are suing because a known risk factor was ignored when the company had reasonable means to develop mitigation measures.  This is pursuable in court, and has been for decades...."

Well, first time I have heard of someone 'suing' a company for their GPS tracking device.

Perhaps you could inform us of all the Lawsuits, "... for decades..." that have occurred, that were on the TOP of the 'NEWS' stations, that were GPS 'tracker' involved ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 12/09/22 at 07:24:42

Well, first time I have heard of someone 'suing' a company for their GPS tracking device.

Perhaps you could inform us of all the Lawsuits, "... for decades..." that have occurred, that were on the TOP of the 'NEWS' stations, that were GPS 'tracker' involved ?

I didn't say specific to GPS in exclusivity.  I also never claimed anything about "TOP of the 'NEWS' stations" in any way.  Suing a company for not mitigating a risk factor has been around for decades.

To clarify "a known risk factor" could be ANY known risk factor or series of factors.  For instance a car manufacturer that knowingly installs a defective airbag.

The publicity around this probably has more to do with Apple as a clickable news source than the actual lawsuit material.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 07:15:54

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Apple

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.